View Poll Results: Preflop A9s UTG?
Raise 149 57.53%
Call 52 20.08%
FOLD???? 58 22.39%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: FPHG Version 2

[ QUOTE ]
Hi again, just tested it on real money tables and it works flawlessly there. Is there any chance you could add support for play money tables? I'd like to train a bit more on them, before starting to play with real money, but currently there's no way for me to get hand histories, so I can't calculate statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've just fixed FPHG to work with play money hands (it was very simple to fix) and will post a new version along with a few other changes sometime later this afternoon.

Please note though that I can't guarantee that PT will be able to import the hands though as technically their is no such thing as a play money hand history (because Party usually doesn't save them itself). If this is the case then their isn't much I can do as FPHG is designed ONLY to save the hand history files as it finds them in memory, and it is the job of PT to import the hand history files themselves.

Stay tuned for V2.04 which will be finished fairly soon.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM

Default FPHG Version 2.04 now available

<u>New for v2.04:</u>

1. Made it so that FPHG will now save hands from "play money" games.

2. Added a critical section inside of the hook to reduce the chance of any problems from dual processors (ie: is now threadsafe).

3. Have added back the old "live" subfolder to reduce the chance of problems when using an AHK script which read the hand histories such as the 'betpot' script (all ".live" files are removed each time FPHG is restarted).

4. Have added an ".ini" file which lets you set the following options:

a) Hand history extension [hhf/txt]
b) Use Debugging mode [0/1]
c) Grab observed hands only [0/1]
d) Add the 6max tag [0/1]

It is created the first time FPHG is run (with default settings) here: "C:\FreePHG_HandHistories\FPHG.ini" and thereafter it is possible to alter these 4 options which will be used after FPHG is next started.

5. Have fixed a bug that caused the Party client to run slower than it should have (re/de-allocating memory over and over...).

Please can you try this version out and report back on any problems asap. I had some pretty serious problems with crashes earlier, but I'm pretty sure I've got to the bottom of this now and think it was due to me having a dual core CPU (mixed with a non-re-entrant function). If anybody else was getting problems with the old version of FPHG and they also had a dual core CPU, then I think (hope) the problem should be fixed now.

As always FPHG can be downloaded from here.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi again, just tested it on real money tables and it works flawlessly there. Is there any chance you could add support for play money tables? I'd like to train a bit more on them, before starting to play with real money, but currently there's no way for me to get hand histories, so I can't calculate statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you tell me if you have any luck getting which ever application you are using to calculate stats (PokerTracker?) to work with the saved "play money" hand histories.

Thanks - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 06:27 PM

Certainly, thanks a lot for being so fast! I'm installing it now and will test it. I'm using multiple databases in PT (according to SB/BB, will add them for real money later), so I guess it should work.

I'll report back soon! Thanks again!

* Edit: Ok, it's definitely logging, great job! However, PT doesn't seem to be able to import it. I compared logs from play &amp; real money games and I think the problem lies here:

In a play money, you have:
[ QUOTE ]
Devil_Hack calls [10]

[/ QUOTE ]
While in a real money game this would be:
[ QUOTE ]
Devil_Hack calls [$10]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to make a post on the PT forums right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 01-09-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Certainly, thanks a lot for being so fast! I'm installing it now and will test it. I'm using multiple databases in PT (according to SB/BB, will add them for real money later), so I guess it should work.

I'll report back soon! Thanks again!

* Edit: Ok, it's definitely logging, great job! However, PT doesn't seem to be able to import it. I compared logs from play &amp; real money games and I think the problem lies here:

In a play money, you have:
[ QUOTE ]
Devil_Hack calls [10]

[/ QUOTE ]
While in a real money game this would be:
[ QUOTE ]
Devil_Hack calls [$10]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to make a post on the PT forums right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's the only difference then it might not be so hard to get FPHG to edit them just before it saves them out like it does with the 6max tag.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:19 AM

Bit of a moot point, but 2.03 worked fine for me. I used two PT import windows, the first the generic one configured to look for files AND Party observed hands in the FPHG directory and the second the normal Party auto-import. PT therefore only grabbed observed hands from the FPHG directory (it did not recognise the .hhf format for normal importing but did for Party observed hands, and ignored tables where I was dealt cards).

Anyone else done it that way. Any problems I might not have noticed?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If that's the only difference then it might not be so hard to get FPHG to edit them just before it saves them out like it does with the 6max tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be awesome. I posted on the PT forum and the guy who makes it says he won't add support for Play money, so now I asked if adding a $-sign would make it work. I'll report back [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

PT thread: http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74325
Old 01-09-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bit of a moot point, but 2.03 worked fine for me. I used two PT import windows, the first the generic one configured to look for files AND Party observed hands in the FPHG directory and the second the normal Party auto-import. PT therefore only grabbed observed hands from the FPHG directory (it did not recognise the .hhf format for normal importing but did for Party observed hands, and ignored tables where I was dealt cards).

Anyone else done it that way. Any problems I might not have noticed?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this is what you mean, but I think you should be able to use just one import window now to do the same.

After you run FPHG v2.04 for the first time it will create a file called "C:\FreePHG_HandHistories\FPHG.ini" which looks like this:

hhf (Hand history extension [hhf/txt])
0 (Use Debugging mode [0/1])
0 (Grab observed hands only [0/1])
0 (Add the 6max tag [0/1])

NOTE: Changes to this file require a restart of FPHG.

Simply edit this to look like this:

hhf (Hand history extension [hhf/txt])
0 (Use Debugging mode [0/1])
1 (Grab observed hands only [0/1])
0 (Add the 6max tag [0/1])

NOTE: Changes to this file require a restart of FPHG.

and then restart FPHG. FPHG will then only write out hands where you were not dealt cards (ie: like the old "-o" option for FPHG 0.x).

Old 01-09-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be awesome. I posted on the PT forum and the guy who makes it says he won't add support for Play money, so now I asked if adding a $-sign would make it work. I'll report back [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

PT thread: http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74325

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Just one more question though. If I were to edit the log files, so a $-sign would be added before each bet, would this make PT work with Play money logs? Or does something else have to be edited as well? Ah, and the "X wins Y play chips" as well of course. I guess changing "play chips" to "$" would make it work?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, their is also the fact that real money tables have "(real money)" written after the table name in each HH, but I'm not sure if PT actually uses it - FPHG did use that the help it parse the HH files and that was why it didn't work with play money before yesterday's fix.

If you find a list of all the changes that need to be made then I'll try and add it to the next version if there aren't too many (can't promise how long it will take though).

One other thing is how does PT handle play money SNGs. I just checked and noticed that the SNGs use an almost identical format as far as I can tell.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM

Ok, I just tried to test everything. I got logs for play money, play money sng, real money, real money sng &amp; real money tournament. However, play money tournaments don't seem to get logged. I uploaded a zip with an outtake for 1 hand of each type here: log files outtakes.

I've checked and the only differences I see are:
- for non-tournament games (play vs real):
* Devil_Hack bets [300] vs Devil_Hack bets [$300]
* Devil_Hack wins 1597 play chips vs Devil_Hack wins $1597

- tournament-style games (play vs real):
* ... X Buy-in ... Stakes(Y/Z) ... vs ... $X Buy-in ... Blinds(Y/Z) ...
* Table X vs Table X (Real Money)

That's all I see for now. I guess this shouldn't be too hard to fix with some regex, but please, don't do this if you don't have the time for it. I'm already very grateful that you enabled play money game logging. If you don't find the time, I'll just write a script for myself (but then of course, other people won't be able to profit from it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).