Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: So my brother\'s girlfriend got raped last night ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A website can be traced back to you easily, if you're going to do something like that, flyers are a better way to go. But it's illegal, keep in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only illegal if it's not true.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Which has to be proven in court, right?
Old 09-24-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A website can be traced back to you easily, if you're going to do something like that, flyers are a better way to go. But it's illegal, keep in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he wants to sue about it, he would be exposing himself to testimony to the contrary and you'd have a good chance to encourage prosecution against him.

NT
Old 09-24-2006, 02:53 PM

Did she file a police report? If so, that is "pressing charges". If not, what exactly did she tell the police?

Go to the hospital for STD testing? Do you mean a rape kit?

Brother gets 19 year old gf blotto drunk and then go outside, leaving her with strangers. When she turned up missing, did Brother call the police? Or just not that worried?

Perp "can't get the story straight", or do you mean girlfriend's retelling to Brother had inconsistencies (very understandably) that you are now putting on the Perp?

Your Brother should work this out with GF as far as filing police report or not, getting counseling, etc. And not listen to OOP who don't know all the fact or the three parties involved.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would suggest setting up a website with the details of what he did along with his photo, address, and full name. Then make a crap load of fliers with WARNING RAPIST ON CAMPUS with his name, photo and a link to the website etc.

Post that [censored] all over campus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a very good idea.

-Al
Old 09-24-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obv if the facts presented by OP are not true then it makes things more murky

but if we're taking the info from OP, which I assume comes from the brother/girlfriend, then this guy is seriously dangerous. It takes serious balls to grab a passed out girl(obv with the intent that he would rape her) and walk out of a party...especially if he waited till the BF left.
Personally she needs to press charges and testify...and hopefully her PARENTS not her boyfriend will be able to convince her to do so.

Regardless...you need to deal with this guy down the road.

I would suggest setting up a website with the details of what he did along with his photo, address, and full name. Then make a crap load of fliers with WARNING RAPIST ON CAMPUS with his name, photo and a link to the website etc.

Personally I would also seriously hurt him if not do something a bit more extreme...but I have a different set of beliefs and values when it comes to this type of thing so that may not be something you want to involve yourself in.

If this guy gets off scott free...he will rape another girl somewhere down the line.

Besides if you put up a website or create several blogs...anytime someone googles his name-coworkers,friends,girls, etc--they'll see what he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this happens all the time with victims of crimes who's supposed attackers either arent prosecuted or are simply believed to be involved in a girls disappearance etc

your not going to get in any real trouble.

hopefully OP will fill us in on what happens down the road and the concrete facts of what went down...till then just get her to the police n a counselor
Old 09-24-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most places, I think, the falsity of an allegedly libelous statement has to be proven in court.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sackup, maybe miajag81 if hes reading, other law people,

Overall probability of a successful prosecution in a situation like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

has she gone to the police yet? if she didn't report it right away and get a rape exam/etc. done, very very low.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always the case. He can sue for public disclosure of private facts. This is a much more stringent standard to win on, but is possible nonetheless. So just b/c something is true doesn't mean you can't sue for someone disclosing it.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obv if the facts presented by OP are not true then it makes things more murky

but if we're taking the info from OP, which I assume comes from the brother/girlfriend, then this guy is seriously dangerous. It takes serious balls to grab a passed out girl(obv with the intent that he would rape her) and walk out of a party...especially if he waited till the BF left.
Personally she needs to press charges and testify...and hopefully her PARENTS not her boyfriend will be able to convince her to do so.

Regardless...you need to deal with this guy down the road.

Personally I would also seriously hurt him if not do something a bit more extreme...but I have a different set of beliefs and values when it comes to this type of thing so that may not be something you want to involve yourself in.

If this guy gets off scott free...he will rape another girl somewhere down the line.

Besides if you put up a website or create several blogs...anytime someone googles his name-coworkers,friends,girls, etc--they'll see what he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that'd be really good for the girl. I'm sure she would be really happy knowing that you got the satisfaction of posting a bunch of flyers and sullying this guy's name. As a bonus she gets a bunch of extra attention about it and it becomes even harder for her to get past this awful event.

Are half of the people in this thread 11? Grow the [censored] up.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:51 PM

Bigt - I'm 30, and consider myself to be a fairly rational, level-headed guy. My agreement with Charlie's suggestion was contingent on 1) the OP's facts being presented as true; 2) with the girl's consent. Pretty sure others feel the same way.

There is some upside to alerting a community that one of their members is a dangerous rapist.

-Al