Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: a girl kept looking at me at class today. Do you think it is because:
She thinks Im hot 40 29.41%
She thinks Im wierd looking 48 35.29%
She is attracted to my odd nature in a non sexual way 48 35.29%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Ad Hominem Strikes Again.....

[ QUOTE ]
Post fixed to represent reality rather than some "blacks have the criminal gene" argument that was likely taken from a KKK pamphlet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have heard of gay men acting macho and beating up other gay men to 'prove' they are gay. I wonder if this applies to other scenarios.......
Old 09-27-2006, 06:15 AM

Default Re: The $1 Billion Dollar - 700 Mile fence on the Mexican Border and m

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it makes sense to explore an issue as complex and viared as this one before drawing a lot of specific conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the wall/fence or illegal immigration in general? If its the latter, its been explored in great depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of it. I saw some sessions on CNN from the house and senate (where they have experts that testify/are interviewed and found it interesting for the most part. I think further discussion is needed to come up with a common sense plan do deal with the people here and future immigration. Less 'arguing' and more information gathering and sharing.

I am not necessarilly intersted in discussing this in debth with you however as I think we have done that in other threads.

No consensus has been reached yet has it? I mean with respect to legislation and the various bills that had been proposed, or some compromise between them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont expect any legislation on the general issues before the elections. The Democrats wont push it because lack of legislation reflects negatively on the Republicans, and the Republicans are too split on the issue for it to gain any traction.

I thought the wall/fence was a done deal...wasnt Boeing awarded a contract for the electronics for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my understanding is the fence is a done deal but I don't know anything about the specifics of it.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Re: 98% of Speeders that kill Cops

[ QUOTE ]
You should say roughly 98%. Because then clearly it is just your incredibly accurate estimate and not you quoting statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But a wall around Texas would be 100% effective.
I have absolute proof. The Alamo had a wall around it and not one Texan managed to get out of there.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:32 AM

Default Re: The $1 Billion Dollar - 700 Mile fence on the Mexican Border and m

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it makes sense to explore an issue as complex and viared as this one before drawing a lot of specific conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the wall/fence or illegal immigration in general? If its the latter, its been explored in great depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of it. I saw some sessions on CNN from the house and senate (where they have experts that testify/are interviewed and found it interesting for the most part. I think further discussion is needed to come up with a common sense plan do deal with the people here and future immigration. Less 'arguing' and more information gathering and sharing.

I am not necessarilly intersted in discussing this in debth with you however as I think we have done that in other threads.

No consensus has been reached yet has it? I mean with respect to legislation and the various bills that had been proposed, or some compromise between them?

[/ QUOTE ]

The last thing this issue needs is more discussion in Washington, they knew what needed to be done in 1993 and just didn't have the spine to do it. It's not like this is a new issue that has just recently come to light.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Ad Hominem Strikes Again.....

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard of gay men acting macho and beating up other gay men to 'prove' they are gay. I wonder if this applies to other scenarios.......

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have a newspaper article to back this up, or are you just being obtuse? I can say "I've heard of fairy pixies sprinkling pixie dust on people that turns them into cockroaches" but it doesn't make it so.

Also, are you saying that black-on-black crime is something that's genetic or inborn, because black people just naturally want to prove how "black" they are by committing crimes? Again, it sounds like something a klansman would say, yet here you are saying it and denying you're a racist.

You don't think that a higher rate of black incarceration has anything to do with a culture of poverty and ghettoization brought about in large part due to the "war on drugs," and institutionalized racism at almost every level of the justice system?