Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: The Well: El Diablo

El D,

How do you rate the best 10/20 players on party (i.e dragons et al) compared to the better 10/25/25/50 UB-players? I know you havent been playing lately and probably ain't all that up to date, but you probably have quite a good idea anyway, if not by anything else then through what at least the players that post here are posting, since there are posters from both "camps", AFAIK.

How do you feel, lets say, the 5-8 best players/posters in the league of 5/10 and 10/20-players (in your opinion) on HSNL would fare against the better 50/100 (and upwards)-players that is not posting here, like mahatma, pkrbt/tiltmenot (bengt sonnert), bad_ip, green plastic and Thuritz? Is it a very big gap? What is the main difference between these players playing a bit lower compared to the real nose-bleed stakes players, and what should these mid to high-limit players try to improve?

How do you think you would fare yourself, in your current state, against player of this caliber, would you need some more playing time to give them a run for the money or would you play adequately well right of the bat?

Which brings me to this my final question; do you feel your long break has affected your skills in a big way, or do you feel that you would be playing at nearly the exact same level as before? Do you feel one has to have had a great deal of personal experience playing poker to be good, or ar there individuals that can understand things very fast and get very, very good just by logic and a great talent for the game, without investing all the hours that most people are doing to get good enough to beat higher levels, e.g are there people that nearly right away, in a very short period of time, can get a very, very good understand of the game?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:31 PM

What % of the companies you start become sustainable?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:33 PM

When you reply to messages, why do you most of the time not reply to the message you are replying to make the message thread tree consistent?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:37 PM

diablo, on my latest visit to vegas i fell in love with a latina stripper. can you teach me some spanish phrases that will turn her on so i can bang her on my next trip out there?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you reply to messages, why do you most of the time not reply to the message you are replying to make the message thread tree consistent?

[/ QUOTE ]

jcrew, try flat mode
Old 08-17-2006, 05:53 PM

El D,

Pics of younger sister pls [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] j/k
Old 08-17-2006, 05:53 PM

What is your opinion of marijuana and long-term usage of it?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM

bruin:

"are you black?"

Color blind, baby, color blind.

wht:

"What is/are the key(s) to achieving poker mastery?"

Being smart, being focused, paying attention, staying in control, no big secrets.

"As you learned more and more, and became more and more successful, what "light-bulbs" went off in your head as you progressed?"

People at higher limits mainly lose because they go on tilt or get sloppy.

"What in your mind were your major milestones as you moved up?"

Eh, I just sort of move up or switch games when I get bored as opposed to any real plan or milestones. Every time I decide I should try something different or bigger I guess is a sort of milestone.

"What were your biggest setbacks, and how did you overcome them?"

Lost a crapload at UB 25-50 to start the year. Won't be able to overcome that until I have more free time.

"I'm sure you've read Ray Zee's article about the stages of a poker players career. In your own words, how would you describe the stages of a NL players career?"

That article pretty much applies to all forms of poker games.

nyc:

"In your opinion, which one personality trait is most common among successful business people?"

Persistence.

"Which city do you look forward to most when traveling for business?"

London. If I went to them at the same frequency, it would be New York, but I don't get abroad very much these days.

"What would your dream live 6-max table look like? (Including you)"

Eh, I don't really have opinions on stuff like this. It would be very deep w/ either very sucky players or hot chicks or both, I guess.

"Name a good winery or two to visit next time I'm in Sonoma (I've covered most of Napa)."

Gloria Ferrer, Ravenswood, Kistler, Kenwood. FYI, here are some I like to visit in Napa

Darioush
Clos Du Val
Stag's Leap
Shafer
Robert Sinskey
Miner
ZD
Niebamm Coppola
Whitehall
Grgich
St Supery
Cakebread
Domaine Chandon
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 PM

There are often multiple concomitant conversation threads within the same topic and it is often of interest to the reader to just follow one of those threads. Threaded is the optimal mode for that purpose.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:06 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

threaded is horrible. i dont even know why 2+2 sets it as their default when u sign up