View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but did aaron have a bitter departure? no. how many other recordbreakers were given this treatment and why would that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you considering a bitter departure? That you're told it was one by the media?

Fill me in here, smalls....

[/ QUOTE ]

Smalls?

Hello?

You still there?

C'mon, fill me in here...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 AM

yo rb et al, im gonna bounce from this thread. i got a 1/2 game i usually dont play this high and its gonna take all of my obv feeble mental capacity for such endeavors.

gg u win ldo.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but did aaron have a bitter departure? no. how many other recordbreakers were given this treatment and why would that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike most other superstars, Bonds still has insane value at the twilight of his career. Since the Giants are awful and need to rebuild, saving money they would use on Bonds and investing it into the future is the correct move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo Thayer, does BP or anyone else have any rough estimates of Barry's numbers if he were to play a full season as a DH? I cringe at the thought of the Yankees getting him...scary
Old 10-26-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, as far as strawman go, i thought ur anecdote about hte superstar was a strawman bc it really should have nothing to do with whether or not bonds is prick or not. i thought that was obv but ya know im dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's look at what I said word-for-word in a post in this very thread, an hour before this reply of yours, in which you are asserting that my anecdote has no relevance to Bonds.

[ QUOTE ]
Posted by Redbean
The anecdote had absolutely nothing to do with Bonds,

[/ QUOTE ]

Then an hour later:

[ QUOTE ]
Posted by Victor
also, as far as strawman go, i thought ur anecdote about hte superstar was a strawman bc it really should have nothing to do with whether or not bonds is prick or not. i thought that was obv but ya know im dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding...ding...ding...finally you seem to be catching up.

Somebody give this guy his Captain Obvious Merit Badge, he's finally earned it.

And just imagine how far along you'd be by now if you were actually reading my posts instead of pretending to deconstruct strawmen that don't exist?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 AM

"ok, you assert many times in that thread that aaron admitted to using performance enhancers.

are we supposed to assume he used them once? or that he used them multiple times? or that he used them his whole career?

wtf am i supposed to believe? heres a question: someone says, "ya that dude doping/drinking/skateboarding/eating puzzey/playing poker." and thats all they say. do you assume they did it more than once?

im not smart. many have said that and you proly did at some point in time too. so, im being completely geniune when i say that the first few times i read thru that thread i thought u meant that aaron had used pe thruout his career.
"

ok, back to the real point. lets hear it.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:21 AM

Aaron says he used meth once...Bonds says he didn't use PEDs (he does say that right??)...why take one at his word and not the other?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aaron says he used meth once...Bonds says he didn't use PEDs (he does say that right??)...why take one at his word and not the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

JUST LOOK AT HIS HEAD
Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It sucks that he doesn't have good relationships with his teammates.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually has with some, not so much with others, but anybody who has spent time in a clubhouse will tell you that's pretty much par for the course for most big leaguers.

These guys are at work, and they are paid to play baseball, not to sit in a circle with 25 other guys and have some sort of surreal bonding relationships.

The reason you hear about Bonds relationship with teammates and not about a guy like Greg Maddux is simply because the press doesn't want to paint one in a bad light, yet they bend over backwards to do it to the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Name a player and show me a quote stating that Barry is undeserving of his bad rep. If you do find one, it's rare.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,

I kid because I care. You are the only person in the universe that could convince me that Bonds isn't an unpleasant, cheating, spoiled self-serving ass. It hasn't happened yet though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly. He puts up some good arguments, but they don't put all of the pieces together.

I find it interesting that RedBean states that he only cares about the baseball but still continues to defend BB and tries to defend that he is a good human being.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's mainly because he's pretty much the only poster on this site whose entire arguments consist of logical opinions backed by doses of facts and sources backed by more logical opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet he blows off the article that started this thread as a rogue reporter....