Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: KAKA

brazil= no defense = if any balanced team plays them(Netherlands, England, Czechs) Brazil will have to score many goals just to stay in it
Old 06-13-2006, 06:14 PM

btw, Czechs should be the favourite to win this imo, they are unbelievably good. I think USA has a really good chance to beat Italy
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM

Thats why some of the best odds compilers around are putting them as 20/1 + shots..?

For sure, the Czechs have a chance. In a knockout contest such as this, luck on any given day can see a team through. But you have to feel they missed their great chance of silverware two years ago. The US team was shocking..dont let that one result tempt you into thinking the Czechs are one of the favourites
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brazil look awful. credit to croatia who were unlucky not to get at least a draw, but i can't see brazil going deep playing like this. i would not be shocked to see australia beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Croatias squad played to at least 90%+ of its ability and lost, Brazils squad achieved about 40% of its potential and won. Brazil will murder Australia.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:32 PM

brazil may have played to 40% of it's offensive potential, but they can't do any better defensively, and that's scary for a team with brazil's ambitions.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brazil may have played to 40% of it's offensive potential, but they can't do any better defensively, and that's scary for a team with brazil's ambitions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I just watched this game in 55 inches of HDTV, a big improvement over a [censored] streaming internet feed. couple things:

Ronaldo was absolutely useless. Wow. It's like Brazil was playing with 10 guys. I think Robinho should start next time out.

Individually, the Brazilian defenders aren't going to improve, but I think their communication and teamwork certainly will. This team, like previous Brazilian teams, was critiziced for not playing harder warm-up games. They basically treat the group stage as a warm up, and they're going to improve a lot.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:50 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
brazil look awful. credit to croatia who were unlucky not to get at least a draw, but i can't see brazil going deep playing like this. i would not be shocked to see australia beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, talk about incredibly insane statements...

rj
Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 PM

so is the only reason they don't have the World Cup every year, or every other, the global economy can't handle a month long near shutdown from 25countries

no hosiptals, banks etc ... jesus
this was for a group play game
Old 06-14-2006, 12:06 PM

BTW, Alan Hansen on Ronaldo:

"I have to say that I felt Ronaldo was an absolute disgrace against Croatia and it will be interesting to see if coach Carlos Alberto Parreira is willing to drop him.

He must have seen him in training and in the warm-up games, and he is now as large as he has ever been."

Teehee.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:27 PM

Parreora has said today that Ronaldo will start against australia