Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: What sports moment made you the happiest/saddest?

Kenny Lofton going from 2nd to home against Randy Johnson passed ball in 1995 play-offs is happiest, the Unit gave up an HR to Baerga a couple pitches later.

Saddest is 1997 World Series. Jose Mesa, you are a POS.

KJS
Old 09-28-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but then barry decided to be barry and negate all of that emotion by revillifying himself when he decided to be the only man on the roster not to come out onto the field after the game had finished for "fan appreciation night" leading to boos from the 40k in attendance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha is that true? My god what a colossal prick he is. I will remember this story for the next time some meathead makes the retarded "media is out to make Barry look bad" argument.

I mean, think about how self-absorbed and narcissistic you have to be to pull [censored] like this on the only people who've kept supporting you through all the [censored] you've dumped on them.

It bears repeating: God what a colossal prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you just soak up anything that attempts to portray Bonds in a negative light, regardless of reality.

Forget that Fan Appreciation Day was actually on Sunday, and this game was Wednesday night.

Forget that Bonds made a curtain call when he came out in the 6th, and it was made abundantly clear that he was leaving the park to spend an emotional time in his life with his close friends and family.

Forget that over half the fans in attendance left as well, by the 7th inning, as reported by the Chron beat writer.

Just focus on the fact that a few Giants stuck around after the game to sign autographs for the remaining fans, and somehow focus all that envy and anger into making it into something it wasn't and call Bonds a prick over it.

Sheesh....

As reported in the Chronicle, which I don't think anyone would argue is a pro-Bonds rag:

[ QUOTE ]

... he was hugged and high-fived by his teammates before stepping back out to the field to give his fans a final farewell. He waved, smiled, raised his hands above his head to clap and pointed to the stands. Then he walked, alone, to the locker room.

The reaction of screaming and cheering fans seemed akin to the atmosphere during Bonds' home-run record quest.

After Bonds left the game, so did seemingly half the spectators, streaming out of the ballpark before the seventh inning stretch had a chance to stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh buzz off. BTYS was there and it was a first-person report. According to him, every single member of the Giants (not "a few", as you state) game back on the field after the game, except Bonds. On Bonds' last night as a Giant.

If that's not being a prick, I don't know what is.

BTW, if you're going to take up the banner of "Bonds isn't a prick," you're going to be up against 100x more overwhelming evidence than the mountain of evidence that he used steroids.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Happiest moment was unquestionably when John Elway did his helicopter dive in our first super bowl win. That was a career defining moment in the sense that is something people will always remember. And from that point on everyone in my family watching was far more relaxed. It let us know we were gonna win, and they'd do whatever it took to get that win.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lowest:
1. Music City Forward Pass

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people seriously think that was an illegal pass? Like... really seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when I saw it live, I was like.. "Well that's coming back". There was NO WAY that it was ANYTHING BUT a forward pass. The they showed the replays, and I was like wow... that looked like it was 3-5 yards forward and now looks legal??? WTF!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lowest:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when I saw it live, I was like.. "Well that's coming back". There was NO WAY that it was ANYTHING BUT a forward pass. The they showed the replays, and I was like wow... that looked like it was 3-5 yards forward and now looks legal??? WTF!

[/ QUOTE ]

before the kick off my friend turned to me and said "watch them take this all the way" then boom.

-Can we not hijack this with more Bonds stuff, please?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lowest:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't even care about either of those teams but the call wasn't even close, the ball went at least two or three yards forward.
Anyway my least favorite was probably "4th and 26." Can't really think of a most favorite. Maybe that sick catch on the last play for Iowa in the Capital One bowl a few years back.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[/i]Oh buzz off. BTYS was there and it was a first-person report. According to him, every single member of the Giants (not "a few", as you state) game back on the field after the game, except Bonds. On Bonds' last night as a Giant.

If that's not being a prick, I don't know what is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the part about Fan Appreciation Day was on Sunday, and this game was on a Wednesday. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And the part about tons of people leaving the stands before the 7th when Bonds left the game. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Or the part about even the most ardent Bond's critics in the media reporting it was a celebratory lovefest. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

But yeah, if you want to look at it as him being a 'prick', go right ahead....lol...

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, if you're going to take up the banner of "Bonds isn't a prick," you're going to be up against 100x more overwhelming evidence than the mountain of evidence that he used steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, considering what you call "evidence". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 10:34 PM

There are going to be fans of NL teams revising their "saddest" moment this weekend.....
Old 09-29-2007, 01:32 AM

Happiest:

Saddest:
Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 AM

In no particular order...

Happiest:

1.) UNC defeating Illinois in 2005 to win the National Championship.
2.) The Panthers beating the Eagles in the 2004 NFC Title game
3.) Braves finally breaking through and winning the WS in '95.
4.) Roy Williams coming back to UNC and taking over for Doherty.
5.) Sid Bream

Saddest:

1.) UNC vs. Georgetown in the Elite 8 this year.
2.) Jim Leyritz hitting a bomb off of Mark Wohlers in the 1996 WS.
3.) Dean Smith retiring.
4.) John Kasay kicking the kickoff out of bounds in the 2004 Super Bowl because I knew the Pats would score.
5.) UNC vs. Utah, 1997 Final Four