Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 PM

Default Re: MAFIA: TURF WARS (GAME THREAD)

Evans,

Even in turbos I never post much the first day. I'm also pretty happy with my areinitz vote so I'm just gonna let it hang out there for a while and see if anyone else feels like lynching some mafia
Old 05-30-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VR - I realize you are an active poster however I find it slightly ironc that you accuse me of being AFK on half of Day 1 when now we have the same amount of posts in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you evans. I would like to point out that I never accused you of being AFK in this game. I agree that it is a bit early to be flinging that around.

I voted you based on my perception (right or wrong...this is only my viewpoint) that you have a tendency to be AFK in multiple games, whether as village or villain. Note the use of the word "recidivist".

I like to reward effort, though, so for now I will unvote evans, vote CancerMerchant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I chuckled a little bit when I saw recidivist, I imeddiately thought of Word of the day calendar.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:59 PM

also Iron, another VERY interesting point IMO:

with the families independent, even if posts DO get linked to each other, neither family will know whether a series of seemingly connected posts is coming from savvy villagers drawing conclusions independently, or from the other mafia family.

us knowing the roles of night kills will make for some very interesting discussions.

anyways, good to have you in the thread.

that leaves pistol and cancer as the non-posters. for now, vote pistolero
Old 05-30-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you have no evidence, why are you bandwaggoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

to me, voting histories tell me a lot more that posts. random votes on random people don't do a whole lot, especially when we are going to need a majority in future days. so I voted someone that already had a vote, and an AFKer seemed a better target than a non-AFKer.

and since I plan on voting many more AFKers in the future, I feel the need to establish that reason now.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I chuckled a little bit when I saw recidivist, I imeddiately thought of Word of the day calendar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha. No, just too much debate in high school. (Resolved: That the United States Government should reduce prison over crowding...)
Old 05-30-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

to me, voting histories tell me a lot more that posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH. GOOD ONE!

Now I know why everyone tries lynching you the first day.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know who is mafia or not. i go by feel. i develop feels by reading posts. some peoples posts strike me as odd. my red level players have made some very strange posts, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. I'm used to turbos where people say "so and so is a wolf, I know it, trust me, ftw!!!" and boom a bandwagon is started up without any evidence, rhyme, or reason. it seems like this will go a little slower.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*bzzzt* wrong answer!

The correct answer is:

The first round, because we have little information as it is. We want more active players in the later rounds because we'll have more information to work with.

Come again soon!

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Kyro, it's not that simple.

Random lynchings in first rounds lead to random lynchings in future rounds. It's very easy to hide behind the "close your eyes and point" method in day 1, and when a bunch of people do this, we're back to where we started on day 2 with little information. It becomes a slippery slope. Blind guessing the first day hurts the village just as much as letting AFK players live.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

*bzzzt* wrong answer!

The correct answer is:

The first round, because we have little information as it is. We want more active players in the later rounds because we'll have more information to work with.

Come again soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Random lynchings in first rounds lead to random lynchings in future rounds. It's very easy to hide behind the "close your eyes and point" method in day 1, and when a bunch of people do this, we're back to where we started on day 2 with little information. It becomes a slippery slope. Blind guessing the first day hurts the village just as much as letting AFK players live.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're wrong. Sorry. Try harder please.

Not sure why you would POSSIBLY think we would have random lynchings in future rounds.

vote alex

I don't want his shoddy logic making it to the end game.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

*bzzzt* wrong answer!

The correct answer is:

Come again soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you and kyro agree, at least based on these two posts. the argument was that lynching AFKers turns it into a crap shoot (on the AFK player's role. Kyro said that's better early than late. I don't think either was advocating a rand() method.