Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Ray Lewis vs. Mike Tyson (In a fight)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also not sure that panicking wouldn't actually enhance Tyson's chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see his last fight. He is mentally spent. This guy isn't battle cat anymore, he's cringer. A young tyson, different story. The tyson of today doesn't have it in him.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He mentally breaks down in the boxing ring, yes. But in an anything goes street brawl, letting his rage get the best of him might be a good thing. I know I always fight better when I'm in a furious state.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't "mentally break down" in the ring, he quits. He quits because he doesn't train hard enough. He quits, because like many bullies, deep inside he's a coward and feels a terrible fear when someone doesn't run or back down.

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all".
Old 04-21-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Meh. If you tackle correctly, it really doesn't make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought it was funny he implied that there isn't mechanics and timing involved with making Ray Lewis one of the best tacklers on the planet. The man is explosive, athletic, strong/powerful and has impeccable mechanics when it comes to tackling...if he listens to Blarg the corner man he could get Tyson down.

Haha, the helmet comment still tickles me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acually, I didn't imply any of that. What I was implying was that when he peforms a tackle in a football game he doesn't have to worry about getting hit by a Mike Tyson uppercut to the skull, getting hit by a knee or any of that. Its not just the helmet its also the rules on the field.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also not sure that panicking wouldn't actually enhance Tyson's chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see his last fight. He is mentally spent. This guy isn't battle cat anymore, he's cringer. A young tyson, different story. The tyson of today doesn't have it in him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true, but have you ever seen Ray Lewis fight?

Maybe he's a big turd.

Being a football player doesn't automatically qualify someone as a dangerous street fighter. Maybe he can't handle being punched in the face. Maybe he's a flincher. Maybe he punches like a girl.

Mike Tyson is mentally unbalanced and has beaten 40+ professional fighters in convincing fashion.

True, Ray Lewis is a murderer, but that still doesn't necessarily make him a good fighter.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you guys really think that most street fights go to the ground? Most do not IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm struggling to think of one I've seen that didn't. I think I've seen a couple where there was a quick knock-out, so only one guy went to the ground

But think about most boxing matches. There is a clinch where one boxer tries to smother the punches of the other (usually better) boxer. The ref will then break the clinch and force them to box again. In a street fight there is no ref, the clinch doesn't break, the guys push against each other. If one has been trained, he'll quickly trip or throw the other guy to the ground. There he'll beat or choke him into submission.

It's really hard to stand five feet from each other and beat the other guy into a pulp without him trying to grab you.

Once again, I have no clue whether Ray has these skills, but almost every boxer Mike has fought has gotten him into a clinch at one point or another (not Michael Spinks however.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 PM

Oddly enough this guy would destroy them both.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:53 PM

Wow. 3 pages of posts and no one has mentioned that Ray Lewis is a 2 time state champion prep wrestler at the 275 lb. weight class. You guys are really weighing all the info.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Did he wrestle in any matches in high school while Mike Tyson was trying to kill him?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he wrestle in any matches in high school while Mike Tyson was trying to kill him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Don't argue this. I mean the it was fun before when it was all speculation. But with this new peice of info, there is nothing to debate.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. 3 pages of posts and no one has mentioned that Ray Lewis is a 2 time state champion prep wrestler at the 275 lb. weight class. You guys are really weighing all the info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Tyson has wrestling experience as well. He was special guest referee at Wrestlemania when Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated HBK for the WWF title. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]