Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: UNC @ Arizona

UNC needs to get a better shot up at the end of regulation. When the game is tied you don't jack up a 3 you go inside the paint 100% of the time to Tyler or Brandon or a slashing guard to the tin.

There are enough chinks showing up in the Tar Heel armour to give any UNC fan pause about expectations going forward. If this team doesn't win an ACC regular season title, an ACC tournament title, or doesn't get to the Final Four then this team underperformed and Roy didn't get the most out of this particular set of players.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 AM

I love this team BUT, this team starts 3 freshman. This team has done really well. I guess it hasn't met your expectations liga, and against VT twice it hasn't met mine but otherwise I think the team is pretty good considering the circumstances.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:07 AM

I agree. They are starting three freshmen, but it's about at the point that they really aren't rookies anymore. Other than their first ACC and NCAA tourneys, they've experienced everything at least once. They had a bad night, but I think they'll be fine. I was more worried about how they'd do going into Cameron for the first time, and they did well there.

I do worry about a consistent outside threat like the last two championship teams had with McCants and Donald Williams. Terry has decent numbers, but for some reason I don't always think it's going in, like I did with those two.

I'm confident Roy will work them hard this week, and we'll still end up a #1 seed.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:11 AM

Adam Lucas of TarHeelBlue addresses the lack of experience on this year's team here.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:27 AM

Does someone still want to make the claim that this is the best NCAA team in decades?
Old 02-14-2007, 11:29 AM

Does someone want to talk about Duke losing it's 5th straight game tonight?
Old 02-14-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love this team BUT, this team starts 3 freshman. This team has done really well. I guess it hasn't met your expectations liga, and against VT twice it hasn't met mine but otherwise I think the team is pretty good considering the circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

capone0,

Too early to say if this team met expectations or not. We will find out over the next 6 weeks. As I mentioned, the shot we got with 19 seconds left in regulation was the lone disappoinment for me in the game. I usually don't blame the officials but you can chalk up this result more to what the refs did than what the players did. I was happy to be in good position to win the game against a great team despite the B.S. calls and non-calls over the 45 minutes.

This team is certainly capable of a Final Four run, but so is G'Town, Texas A&M, FLA, Ohio St, Wisconsin, UCLA, Kansas, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Virginia Tech, etc. Roy has the opportunity to turn over a new leaf beginning tomorrow in practice and find the solution for what ails the team. If we go 5-0 or 4-1 over the next five (at B.C., vs NC State, @ Md, @ Ga Tech, vs dook) that will be a sign to me that the play is getting stronger and certain players are stepping up into leadership positions. Expectations for me would then be a successful ACC tournament (title game performance) and a strong run at Atlanta.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 AM

I definitely think we will lose. I have never said we were very good. But the fact that Duke is not good does not change the fact that whoever made the dumbest statement in the history of sports hyperbole on this thread.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does someone still want to make the claim that this is the best NCAA team in decades?

[/ QUOTE ]

DrewDevil,

For the record you know that it wasn't me that made that post.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:33 AM

Hopefully we can get to Atlanta. I had my chance to go to St. Louis two years ago but pussyed out (I live in Memphis). If they do goto Atlanta, I'm very hyped to go this time.

As I said earlier in this thread, I expect us to lose probally 1 more. This is a very rough stretch of games for UNC. All of our final foes will probally make the NCAA tourney.