Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: How many 5 year-olds.....

It would be a lot. Way beyond single digits. If I hit a 5 year old once he ain't getting up. I can also take a 5 year-olds kick or punch pretty much anywhere, including the groin. So I'm just hitting them each once. That's it.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:46 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

I still can't believe people are discussing "hitting". It is very much more efficient to snap the little bastards necks.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:48 PM

I think everyone needs to think about how tired they would get in this fight. Having 10 or 15 little guys jumping and crawling over you would tire you out in 2 minutes tops. Once you go down you are finished.

i say an average 22 year old could take on 12-13 kids, with any more taking you down.

B9

PS i love this type of [censored]
Old 01-18-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still can't believe people are discussing "hitting". It is very much more efficient to snap the little bastards necks.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's too time consuming to try to get a grip on a kid and then twist his neck. If you give these kids the second or two that it'd take to accomplish this, you're finished. Plowing or even flailing wildly would be much more effective. Speed and keeping out of their grasp is of the essence here. Plus, a breakneck strategy would require you to bee too close. Hitting gives you much more range and potentially lets you keep them somewhat at bay.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:49 PM

the jaw is not the strongest muscle in body
Old 01-18-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think a good solid knee / fist to the face WOULD snap their necks. Snapping necks sounds very inefficient, especially considering that they're going to be at knee-height for everyone except Evan.

I think Patrick's strategy is best so far -- keeping up to speed on the perimeter picking off stragglers, mixed with sprints through the pack to break them up and delivering knees to faces. Eventually I think you start resorting to using kids as weapons though. In fact, I think this might be a good idea right of the bat.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be a lot. Way beyond single digits. If I hit a 5 year old once he ain't getting up. I can also take a 5 year-olds kick or punch pretty much anywhere, including the groin. So I'm just hitting them each once. That's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Are they ill-tempered?"

Seriously though, I guess I'm giving these kids too much credit. I say a bum rush by 30 kids at once and you are toast. And remember Jake, line training takes too long.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 01:50 PM

I don't know man.

My son is a bruiser but when he was three he did a WWF body slam knee into my balls and I he gave me a hernia and I needed surgery. Even as an infant when he got mad he could deliver a hell of a headbutt. I can still remember the headaches.....

Never underestimate a kid's ability to do damage.

I say anything more than twenty kids and you are toast. And I still think this is sick. But I like it.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:52 PM

Default What I think you guys are underestimating

[ QUOTE ]
I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a HUGE gap between an 80th percentile 5yo and a 20th percentile 5yo. And I'm not talking about physical ability. If I get to choose the best and the brightest (emphasis on the brightest) the pack of kids is going to be more organized than you think.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Are they ill-tempered?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant.