Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Hoss TBF - part of Think Tank?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 80% sure its TLK playing on pokkermon's acct when hes playing unassigned and jumper.

also, bigglesworth and unassigned whipped pokkermon in their last meeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

What HU sessions were you watching? Your information seems seriously deluded...
Pokkermon gained up to 15k vs bigglesworth at the end and unassigned has not won against The Pokkermon (if only marginally on one or perhaps few occasions)

Please explain how he got whipped (your dream scenario?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you tonight when savagegamble whoooped up on your pokkermon, and then Hoss_TBF cleaned up on savagegamble... ZOMG HOSS THE BEST by your logic?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually your logic (and wet dreams). I think The Pokkermon should whip mediocre players like papawarbucks and baronzeus EVEN MORE than the beating they may have taken in the past against him...

[/ QUOTE ]

now you're just being ironic or something. i have never played stakes this high, but it's pretty easy to see that the stakes are irrelevant in your argument. just because a has beaten b and be has beaten c, does not always mean that a is better than c.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right about the stakes, and I used irony in a sense, but never used circular logic like schweins did...

My opinion of Pokkermon was based to a certain extent on consistency, as he is one of the most consistent players. Another part was just pure prediction...
Old 04-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Does Danny Alaei have a blog? That was a well-written post.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 80% sure its TLK playing on pokkermon's acct when hes playing unassigned and jumper.

also, bigglesworth and unassigned whipped pokkermon in their last meeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

What HU sessions were you watching? Your information seems seriously deluded...
Pokkermon gained up to 15k vs bigglesworth at the end and unassigned has not won against The Pokkermon (if only marginally on one or perhaps few occasions)

Please explain how he got whipped (your dream scenario?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you tonight when savagegamble whoooped up on your pokkermon, and then Hoss_TBF cleaned up on savagegamble... ZOMG HOSS THE BEST by your logic?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually your words, your logic (and wet dreams)

I think The Pokkermon should whip mediocre players like papawarbucks and baronzeus EVEN MORE than the beating they may have taken in the past against him...

[/ QUOTE ]

A) I've never said he is a bad player. In fact he's usually a quite good player. I've simply asserted he isn't in Hoss's league.

B) I've played pokkermon HU. He quit me.

C)
In my mind this doesn't mean [censored] but I guess it works as an effective counter to "I think The Pokkermon should whip mediocre players like papawarbucks and baronzeus EVEN MORE than the beating they may have taken in the past against him..."

d) Would I play pokkermon HU if he was sitting there by himself? No. Why? Because he's pretty good at it and there's better things for me to do then figuratively flip coins vs him. But maybe I would play him if we go from a fuller game down to HU and I think he's losing/tilting.

e) Part of me thinks you're pokkermon, but then I also don't think so because pokkermon is much classier in chat, and him and I have held correspondence in poker chats for at least 1.5 years now, so I don't think this is how pokkermon would interact with me. So, yeah, go on trolling.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]
[hijack]
This bastard picked me off of third base in high school, lol.

Also link is definitely incorrect, this is not Mauer in the minors, that's the CDH uniform.. Damn private school Catholics.
[/hijack]

Also: why are so many great LHE players from MN? Discuss.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM

Is Hoss from MN? Probably those long cold winters....
Old 04-26-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he's from MN. we produce the best LHE players because we can't legally play NLHE in MN. plus what else would we do during the winter besides crunch ev calcs? and ski. but we'll let bk take care of that.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Whoa! I missed interesting thread. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

As a self-proclaimed independent game theory researcher I feel I have something to say about this:

1. People mentioned in this thread winning high-stakes limit hold'em have been studying this game for at least 5 and most of them for more than 10 years.

2. I highly doubt TLK is playing on pokkermon's account:

lower stats are TLK's

Meh, I ended up telling nothing new but as the trend goes there will be less and less room for winning "instinctive and bold" players in higher poker games. Mathematicians working on their strategy off the field with pen and pad will prevail. Think-tank group is one of those people as well as TLK is. It is getting interesting...

P.S. I think HU LHE game theory is not so far off. Not 100% correct game theory but correct enough nemesis will only have neglectable edge against You.

P.P.S. roflmao@anyone saying he likes having Prock, Jerrod and TT company in their game [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 07:22 PM

A) You're not in Pokkermons league either.

B) A few days ago you played him...You quit him. (and he crushed papawarbucks for a considerable amount)

C) Remember my evaluation about his skill and my predictions? Told ya....(and correct me if I'm wrong as I did not follow all of it, he played Unassigned and put a hell of a beating there as well....again!).
Savagegamble? I only followed one session lately but Pokkermon was totally outmatching him...

D) Coin flips vs Pokkermon? Self-delusion is a common trait.

You will probably never play him HU again...
EVER...

E) I just state what I see, and predict based on factors such as consistency....

Heads up? Disregarding legends like Erik and TLK for the sake of argument, Pokkermon is the best right now...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His stars loc is Philadelphia.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM

Cedrico, are you Pokkermon's Facebook stalker?