Married 111 20.59%
Separated 1 0.19%
Divorced 10 1.86%
Widowed 3 0.56%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

[ QUOTE ]
Can we please hijack this thread into a Hott Fat Chicks thread now? Me, Gunny and codewarrior are sick of being chastised for our chubby-chasing ways!

[/ QUOTE ]

A little chubb is never bad, I enjoy bigger women.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Dunleavy sucks so hard.

It is a question of honesty, to an extent. But it's also a matter of the ridiculous standards that the media has implanted in the average male's brain, the intense objectification of women throughout history that persists to this day, and just a matter of courtesy. The average male doesn't understand the effect that the above factors have on the average female.

Everyone is insecure, but women in particular have an enormous weight on their shoulders to fit into the male's standard of attractiveness, even when she's smart enough to realize that it's BS. When guys are talking about how a woman is ugly or hot, they never realize how this affects the women in the room. It very strongly reinforces their pressure and insecurity, sometimes to very negative results.

So sometimes it's helpful to know that there are women in the room. I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, I'm thinking she's just one of the smart women who wonders why the hell there isn't some kind of reciprocity. The answer here is that it's 99.5% males, so the fat women are going to get bashed and the fat men are going to coddled, and it's somewhat anonymous, so fat ugly men can take potshots at whatever they like from behind their computer screens.

Edited for readability.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tennenbaum,

while i'm not personally offended, it pisses me off for the reasons that i think it propogates a culture of misogyny. by having things on this internet forum and guys proving how cool they are by the best insults of women, it propogates the standard that making fun of women makes one cool... that's what pisses me off. the effects things like this have on the overall society, rather than individually potentially offensive things (because i actually have a pretty thick skin and can hold my own when it comes to these things, as those who know me can attest to)

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I think girls are WAY worse when it comes to dissecting the looks of another woman. We do it all the time. Women are catty bitches. Guys are simply stating their preference for women they'd like to [censored]. They are not doing it to purposefully hurt chicks feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this chick is owning flsexduck hardcore.

[ QUOTE ]
On a serious note:

Men are men. Women are women. Men and women are not the same. Every man is not the same as all other men. Every women is not the same as all other women.

Are looks more important to most men than to most women? Probably.

Does not finding fat women attractive mean that a man hates women? No.

Do most men look for the same things in women that most women look for in men? Probably not.

Is this politically incorrect? Apparently.

Is it somehow morally wrong? No.

Do we have a responsibility to spend our lives nurturing the self-esteem of strangers? No.

Do we help them by encouraging them to think being obese is attractive? No.

Does having a good time by pointing out the faults in celebrities or women that have posted their pics on the Internet mean we hate women or that we call them names or otherwise treat them with disrespect in our daily lives? No.

It's the Internet people. Have fun. Try not to take it too seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. Also good post, Tennenbaum.

One thing I keep thinking about is that there's no doube a good chunk of the forum that doesn't share the same misogynistic views of women. You just don't hear them. They don't bother w/ the misogynistic threads, and they know it's beyond futile to try and get those who do to act more politely.

what the really funny thing about all this is, that women sit around and point out the flaws off other women, and they are waaay harsher than men about it (someone get peachy in here, she'll prove that in an instant).

Someone asked what a message board full of chicks would be like, and I can tell you, it would be exactly the same as this one. Instead of dorky dudes slamming chicks they could never get for being fat, it would be a bunch of catty bitches sitting around slamming women for looking how they themselves could never look.

I get a big kick when women make posts like OPs, they love to play the moral high ground on this subject. Ive lived in a house full of women and the [censored] that got talked about there about guys isnt any nicer than the [censored] that gets talked about around here.

This isnt a male female thing. Its a human thing, at least as far as american society goes
Old 05-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Tenne, You really are a dirty old man in a young girl's body aren't you? [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunleavy sucks so hard.

It is a question of honesty, to an extent. But it's also a matter of the ridiculous standards that the media has implanted in the average male's brain, the intense objectification of women throughout history that persists to this day, and just a matter of courtesy. The average male doesn't understand the effect that the above factors have on the average female. Everyone is insecure, but women in particular have an enormous weight on their shoulders to fit into the male's standard of attractiveness, even when she's smart enough to realize that it's BS. When guys are talking about how a woman is ugly or hot, they never realize how this affects the women in the room. It very strongly reinforces their pressure and insecurity, sometimes to very negative results. So sometimes it's helpful to know that there are women in the room. I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, I'm thinking she's just one of the smart women who wonders why the hell there isn't some kind of reciprocity. The answer here is that it's 99.5% males, so the fat women are going to get bashed and the fat men are going to coddled, and it's somewhat anonymous, so fat ugly men can take potshots at whatever they like from behind their computer screens.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had used paragraphs, I would have read this. But I probably disagree.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunleavy sucks so hard.

It is a question of honesty, to an extent. But it's also a matter of the ridiculous standards that the media has implanted in the average male's brain, the intense objectification of women throughout history that persists to this day, and just a matter of courtesy. The average male doesn't understand the effect that the above factors have on the average female. Everyone is insecure, but women in particular have an enormous weight on their shoulders to fit into the male's standard of attractiveness, even when she's smart enough to realize that it's BS. When guys are talking about how a woman is ugly or hot, they never realize how this affects the women in the room. It very strongly reinforces their pressure and insecurity, sometimes to very negative results. So sometimes it's helpful to know that there are women in the room. I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, I'm thinking she's just one of the smart women who wonders why the hell there isn't some kind of reciprocity. The answer here is that it's 99.5% males, so the fat women are going to get bashed and the fat men are going to coddled, and it's somewhat anonymous, so fat ugly men can take potshots at whatever they like from behind their computer screens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude: Carriage returns are your friend. So are bullet-point style lists. I ain't readin that.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. This is a male-dominated message board where we are judging women based solely on appearance. I mean, what would a female-centric message board look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd slip in their thinly veiled brags about whatever thing they think is impressive about their man, just like this board does when they blurt out "my girlfriend is a 9". E-vagina vs. e-penis. Same [censored], just different styles. Everyone tries to get what they want. Men and women just want somewhat different things and can have vastly different ways of going about getting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

E-vagina, eh? I think you need a better term. E-penis is fine, because guys want to have huge penises (penii?). Do you really think chicks want larger vaginas?

Would e-clitty work? No... e-breasts? No...

Good lord, what's the female equivalent of an e-penis?

[/ QUOTE ]

e-rich-boyfriend-who-is-at-least-ok-looking-and-remembers-anniversaries
Old 05-17-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tenne, You really are a dirty old man in a young girl's body aren't you? [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I am!