Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Re: \"Low Brow\" Goodness Thread

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh wow, i couldn't agree with this one more, absolutely LOVE these things. i consider the strange, meat-like filling "poor man's caviar" and enjoy scraping it out of tha pasta to eat separately. don't buy the double-stuffed ones though, the filling isn't the same and they suck.

also, though i really don't eat crap like this anymore, i will always have a soft spot in my heart for:

Old 07-19-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're feeling especially poor, substitute with this:

[/ QUOTE ]

Collector's Edition? WTF?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:45 AM

This thread has made me realize how much my tastes in everything have completely changed since I was a kid. I used to love all kinds of low-brow [censored]. All the fast food, IHOP, Hostess fruit pies, Mountain Dew.

I listened to Weird Al, Vanilla Ice, Salt n Pepa. Does anyone from Chicago remember B96? Or does it still exist? That's what I'd listen to on the radio.

I liked Wayne's World, Married With Children, all the daytime talk shows. Jenny Jones and Maury were my favorite, they'd always have the "my 12-year old daughter is a whore who dresses too slutty topics". But I was 12 too, so it wasn't creepy, haha.

I think that just had to do with my parents not having much money (they went to Milwaukee for their honeymoon lol).

I never made a conscious effort to be more "classy", it just happened that way. I don't really like meat or dairy, so that pretty much eliminates low-brow food.

I do still like some low-brow TV. I can't stop watching Dog The Bounty Hunter. I like the old slapstick comedies like 3 Stooges and Laurel & Hardy. I'm not sure if The Red Green show is considered low-brow here, but I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My low brow goodness used to be Taco Doritos, but the don't make them anymore [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Au contraire, mon frere! They do still make this flavor, but they can be difficult to find. At least they do in my area (Michigan).

[/ QUOTE ]

Taco Bell Doritos are the best. It's a shame there's only like 4 stores in the upper midwest that sell them anymore.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you guys [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Yellow Tail Wine

Miller Lite

American Pie Movie franchise

Koegels pickled bologna

snickers

doritos

Slupees

Jim Beam (surprisingly good for the price)
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 PM

sirt,

You reminded me...

Old 07-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Bowling. I do a TON of bowling, and not goofy "let's get hammered and goof around while doing it" Cosmic Bowling stuff, either. Very blue collar and I love that about it. It's great.

Really horrible fantasy movies. I watch these things all the time. All time favourite in the "how can it be this BAD????" category: Hawk the Slayer.

While I'm a horrible snob about beer that I buy, I will drink and (secretly, in the dark places of my heart and stomach) enjoy pretty much any beer-type-substance that someone else gives me. Mickey's, Coors Lite, Colt 45, King Cobra, you name it. Hand it to me, and I'll drink it and smile. About the only alcohol I can say that about. I can't stand bad wine, scotch, tequilla, etc..

Fishing. Not the "take the big-ass bass boat out on the lake" kind of fishing. I'm talking the "drive the 4x4 into the middle of frickin' nowhere" to a river someplace, pitch a tent, and spend 3+ days either hip deep in the river or collapsed in camp from exhaustion drinking the above-mentioned really cheep beer.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM

its cheap farm raised crap from calif. masquerading as real caspian black gold. i shudder at every bite, but its all they have at my local stop 'n rob.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

its cheap farm raised crap from calif. masquerading as real caspian black gold. i shudder at every bite, but its all they have at my local stop 'n rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

This choice of example profoundly violates the spirit of the thread imo.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This choice of example profoundly violates the spirit of the thread imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...srsly, I was wondering if anyone would post something like this.

personally I only drive porshe because there is no lambo dealership near me.