Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: I am tapped

~4 Month since this post; update.

I am going to be taking some time off from school.

I still find it amazing to go back and read this post and see where I was at less than half a year ago. Things can change so

I've learned a ton and feel I'm wise beyond my years. the most important thing I've lerned though is that i still have SO MUCH to learn.

However, I have actually developed self control, I think. Although I still lose it at times, I have gotten a lot better. I think I can actually be a winning player, but only time will tell.

It is just invaluable to read this post, I still read it at least once a month, and it puts everything into perspective.

I also feel this entire thread is sort of a personal poker journal for me, with other people's thoughts interspersed as well.

Take care, I hope I have become humbler as a person since I wrote this. I know re-reading sure makes me feel humbler.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:44 PM

So how much are you down lifetime?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I still find it amazing to go back and read this post and see where I was at less than half a year ago. Things can change so

I've learned a ton and feel I'm wise beyond my years. the most important thing I've lerned though is that i still have SO MUCH to learn.

However, I have actually developed self control, I think. Although I still lose it at times, I have gotten a lot better. I think I can actually be a winning player, but only time will tell.

It is just invaluable to read this post, I still read it at least once a month, and it puts everything into perspective.

I also feel this entire thread is sort of a personal poker journal for me, with other people's thoughts interspersed as well.

Take care, I hope I have become humbler as a person since I wrote this. I know re-reading sure makes me feel humbler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't believe you have good self control, for an untirely unrelated reason to the rest of this thread.

Poker isn't going anywhere. Your ability to get a college education is.

It's very hard to leave school and come back. Finish school, play in your spare time, and decide what to do after that.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a retard.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 11:41 AM

lol
Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So how much are you [censored] down lifetime already!?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-31-2006, 01:31 AM

Funny thing is, my best friend is somewhat like this guy, even plays similarly (very LAGgy), likes to take shots at big games etc, has a big ego, etc. Except I'm always making him playing lower stakes and keeping him in line and [censored], so instead he plays amazing and I think is destined for great things in the poker world. I guess this is what happens when you lose self-control.

I myself get so sick and nervous if I move up stakes too fast that I dont think I could ever go broke, I need to be conformatble with the money or im just going to play like [censored], so I just stay with what I can handle.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing is, my best friend is somewhat like this guy, even plays similarly (very LAGgy), likes to take shots at big games etc, has a big ego, etc. Except I'm always making him playing lower stakes and keeping him in line and [censored], so instead he plays amazing and I think is destined for great things in the poker world. I guess this is what happens when you lose self-control.

I myself get so sick and nervous if I move up stakes too fast that I dont think I could ever go broke, I need to be conformatble with the money or im just going to play like [censored], so I just stay with what I can handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loc: im a lagfish that never folds

How are you keeping "your friend" in check these days?