Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Fashion - Going Out (Without Coming Out!)

[censored],

I've dabbled a little with colorful undershirts. I could see this working, although I'm not an authority (obviously [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). I may dabble some more and report back.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:36 PM

LA -

I used to hate long sleeve thermals, I recently got one on a whim and I'm now obsessed, what are some baller thermals, you have a good track record.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough when I'm in the woods I don't wear jeans at all . I have a couple of pairs of
and wear them with these:

Lots of sticker bushes and snakes in the South [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean man. I do a lot of enviromental work outdoors. Upland (I have always called them brush) pants are awesome. I good pair of chaps work just as well if you want to sport some jeans.

I have a pair of Rocky Pro Hunters that have been great to me. I hated spending $120 on boots, but they were well worth it. Probably way too hot for you in the south since they're 800 gram insulated, but they are so comfortable.

Anyways, I'd like to ask you if you have any experience with synthetic safety toe boots? I need to buy a pair of steel toes but I'm thinking I'd probably rather go with synthetic because they would be warmer for my cold weather use. I have to take a trip to Cabella's this weekend. Sadly, the closest one is 3 hours away [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Wolverine durashock steel toes, they are really comfortable and have saved my feet more than once. I have never had a pair of synthetics.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:11 PM

lapoker has some cool fashion tips posted in hsnl about wife beaters.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:19 PM

yeah and he pretty much owned some poster in that thread too IIRC. So most people wear undershirts with their button downs I gather. Am I the only one who wears them solo?
Old 02-03-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah and he pretty much owned some poster in that thread too IIRC. So most people wear undershirts with their button downs I gather. Am I the only one who wears them solo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of chest hair so I normally don't wear them solo, I've tried trimming with mixed results. I also sweat so I normally wear a tshirt underneath
Old 02-03-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of chest hair so I normally don't wear them solo, I've tried trimming with mixed results. I also sweat so I normally wear a tshirt underneath

[/ QUOTE ]

ah the jewishness is strong in you my son.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So most people wear undershirts with their button downs I gather. Am I the only one who wears them solo?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, did you read my post?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LA -

I used to hate long sleeve thermals, I recently got one on a whim and I'm now obsessed, what are some baller thermals, you have a good track record.

[/ QUOTE ]

they're not really "baller", but these rule - cut small so order a size up:

http://store.americanapparel.net/t407.html

i also just got a few made by duofold that are awesome. this is close, but the ones i got don't have that long tight cuff thing, they are unstructured in the cuff.

duofold
Old 02-03-2007, 08:38 PM

I don't think much of the advice in this thread is very universal. The same clothes don't necessarily make you look hip and cool in the same places, and not all girls like the same stuff. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of hot chicks in bars in brooklyn who will gladly hook up with some dude in a long sleeve t-shirt under a short sleeve one, and this same dude would look like a doofus at some club in vegas.