Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Stranded in Utah With No Money: A Trip Report

I don't think I'm over-indulged or spoiled, nor have I ever been. If anything, it would be the other way around.

I know I shouldn't think of the winnings as anything related to this, but we do the oh you had a terrible night I'll buy the late night food, or oh, you won a ton, I'll buy the drinks. Well, the friend I'm living with and I do that, no the one in the other thread. His is off a bit, as I didn't have 600 in chips, it was way closer to 400, like that even matters I guess, since I was gambling and won and didn't pay him. I figured I would just keep this and gamble with it or use it today or tomorrow to put on a car and then pay him when I found out about the other stuff from Iowa and when I got my first paycheck. I guess I should have said something other than no, but I'll be honest, I felt like being a dick at that point because of his berating me for playing an open ended straight draw, getting 3:1 against him and hitting, then calling his open shove. Yeah, we soft play eachother, but when I beat him in a hand and he berates me and [censored] like that I get mad, and I guess I took it out by refusing his request. I didn't say 'no, I'll never pay you' I said 'no' to his 'so, are you going to pay me back now?' question. I don't know if there's a difference, but I never planned on just not paying him.

As for communicating what was owed he did do that, I just forgot about the cable because he told me like 3 or 4 weeks ago and I've had a lot going on and it slipped my mind. This also reminds me that we owe the last water and electricity to our other friend, but he was waiting for info on Iowa too. I'm about to call the landlord, so this will all be settled. Hopefully something hilarious will happen so you guys get a good story. :P