View Poll Results: #1
Cheating 193 64.33%
Legal 107 35.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2006, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Guns and the USA.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We're not allowed tasers, or pen sized batons, or even laser pens (which obviously arent good for self defense, but are cool none the less)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. Just goes to show you that the anti-self defense people are a bunch of wacko loony tunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, why do you think America's murder rate is higher than say Britain? Or Switzerland?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We're not allowed tasers, or pen sized batons, or even laser pens (which obviously arent good for self defense, but are cool none the less)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. Just goes to show you that the anti-self defense people are a bunch of wacko loony tunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, why do you think America's murder rate is higher than say Britain? Or Switzerland?

[/ QUOTE ]
People who start using other countries as examples of what gun control laws the U.S. should have really need to read this book.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huge % of the gun killings come from accidental or "in the heat of the moment" situations. A lot of these could be avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]
O RLY? What percentage of people who carry concealed are involved in these "heat of the moment" shootings? Well, let's look at Florida, for example. Florida first allowed concealed-carry in 1987. From then till 1995, 300,000 permits were issued. Know how many were revoked for having committed a crime? 19.

Oh, and according to the FBI, in 2005, 27% of murders involved an argument. I guess "huge" is relative as I would have expected "huge" to mean >50%.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
People who start using other countries as examples of what gun control laws the U.S. should have really need to read this book.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I picked Britain and Switzerland because apparently Britain is stricter with gun laws, and Switzerland is not. I guess it was a thread hijack
Old 09-25-2006, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
dude, I picked Britain and Switzerland because apparently Britain is stricter with gun laws, and Switzerland is not. I guess it was a thread hijack

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an argument that says gun laws are only good at restricting peoples freedoms and nothing more. I don't think anybody knows beyond a doubt what the reasons are. I'm simply saying that the FBI, CDC, and the consensus of the peer review literature says anybody that uses statistics as a reason to increase gun laws is full of [censored]. They simply have no clue about what they are talking about. People who want stricter gun laws need more education and less emotion.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My comment wasn't just aimed at you. A lot of anti-gun people here have been advocating we follow the types of regulation that exists in other countries. Before someone makes that argument, I think they should read that book. I'm sorry that it seemed I was singling you out.