Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I thought too much of this one was predictable you knew how every scene was going to turn out. I really do hope its the last bourne film, to be honest I cant see it going anywhere else and I think Bourne has now lost his enigmatic sheen by the end of the 3rd film.

[/ QUOTE ]

I though the twist where (spoiler): <font color="white"> we find out Bourne is alive at the end was awesome. Completely unexpected for me.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 02:04 AM

edit: figured out the clive owen reference, forgot he was the profesor in identity

just saw the movie tonight, and thought it was great.

couple points...it wasnt a flash foward, anyone who is insisting that it was needs help

and i liked the directing and editing, thought it was appropriate and helped more than it hurt with regards to the shaking camera
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 AM

must have missed the reference to clive owen's death scene in the Ultimatum, can someone refresh my memory?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
must have missed the reference to clive owen's death scene in the Ultimatum, can someone refresh my memory?

[/ QUOTE ]
Spoler in white:
<font color="white">The scene on the rooftop at the end when Bourne is in the sights of one of the assassins, he uses the same line Clive Owen's character used in the Bourne Identity when he lay dying in the field, Look at what they make us give. </font>
Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 AM

People who don't think that the "Get some rest Pam, you look tired" scene is the same in both movies should have their children taken away. Any differences between the two scenes were unintentional continuity errors.

Ultimatum starts a few hours after his conversation with Neski's daughter. We follow Bourne the entire movie. When did he have time to flit over to New York and call Landy(who wasn't even stationed in New York until she got called from Langley to help with the Bourne thing)?

adlad, you're completely inventing whatever plot hole you're complaining about regarding the amnesia. The cause of it hasn't changed, it's always been getting shot and thrown into the ocean. He got brainwashed into being able to kill people, they didn't brainwash his memories away.

This movie was fantastic, mostly on the strength of the following bits:

1. Train station outsmartery
2. The Spanish 911 call
3. The fight with the book
4. "I doubt that." phone call
5. Nicky's smile at the very end as she watches the news

The core plot was uneven and required some leaps of logic, but having a few awesome scenes gives one some leeway.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:06 PM

Sucks to be that guy with the blue hood
Old 08-08-2007, 12:56 PM

94 at RT
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM

Bourne &gt; Bond
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM

The entire logic and plot of these movies is totally 100% retarded, so LOL at dissecting it. Still very fun movies. Greengrass does an amazing job of keeping the pacing up the whole time without exhausting the viewer. I think the shaky cam is a bit excessive, I mean when you're running with the camera, cool the shaky makes it feel documentary style, but when you're standing still doing a conversation you don't really need shaky cam, that just makes us ill like we're on a boat.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who don't think that the "Get some rest Pam, you look tired" scene is the same in both movies should have their children taken away. Any differences between the two scenes were unintentional continuity errors.

Ultimatum starts a few hours after his conversation with Neski's daughter. We follow Bourne the entire movie. When did he have time to flit over to New York and call Landy(who wasn't even stationed in New York until she got called from Langley to help with the Bourne thing)?

adlad, you're completely inventing whatever plot hole you're complaining about regarding the amnesia. The cause of it hasn't changed, it's always been getting shot and thrown into the ocean. He got brainwashed into being able to kill people, they didn't brainwash his memories away.

This movie was fantastic, mostly on the strength of the following bits:

1. Train station outsmartery
2. The Spanish 911 call
3. The fight with the book
4. "I doubt that." phone call
5. Nicky's smile at the very end as she watches the news

The core plot was uneven and required some leaps of logic, but having a few awesome scenes gives one some leeway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fly its not the same scene cause the dialogue/office/etc are not the same and the entire scene itself is not the same

They never planned to start the third movie right after his conversation with Neski's daughter. In fact Gilroy didn't even start thinking of how to write the 3rd Bourne till well after Supremacy was finished.

While shooting Ultimatum they did not even have a full script..they wrote it as they went along--hence the 1 year shoot.

So no they aren't the same scenes, its not a flashforward or glimpse into the future. It seems that way because the conversation is so similar and it doesn't make sense time wise--but the majority of the Bourne movies, ala 24, don't add up time wise.
When they started Bourne 3 they simply chose to start right after the end of the car wreck/apology despite the fact that they had ended supremacy at a later point.