Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Could my plan work? (girl advice needed)

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the advice in this thread is pretty ABC (like walking up to her and saying 'Hi', pssh) and it is important to have strong understanding of the fundamentals before you can start beating the bigger games. Luckily for you it sounds like you're playing in a friendly home game where they likely don't understand the fundamentals either. You are not playing against Patrick Antonious, its more likely you're playing against Jennifer Tilly. Unfortunatly right now you are playing like Jennifer Tilly and are checking your boat because you putting whats her name on kings preflop when she is just defending her big blind, monsters in the closet man.

OK so we don't know how to play ABC, thats ok because position is more important. While she has probably noticed you, you're always across the table. That is pretty poor positioning, epically when you're in control of where you sit. I'm not saying you should beside her in class or anything, but maybe I am. With position you'll have more opportunity and time to make some bluffs.

Showing weakness is generally a bad thing, but don't be afraid to feign weakness, even if you aren't feigning. If you have an obvious tell when bluffing then there is no point in bluffing. Play your hand you've been dealt and Be Yourself. When you manage to say hi to her and she says hi back, you're going to be nervous as [censored] and shes going to see it, so don't try to hide it.

Now after this exchange things can go a million different directions. I would love to tell you how to play this hand from here but I can't, that is up to you. Maybe you can tell her that you need help with this class and would enjoy a study partner. Or maybe can ask her name. Or maybe you can pretend that your pen doesn't work and ask to borrow one. Or maybe ask her if she likes coffee. Or maybe ask her why she always dots her i's with skull and cross bones.

The best you can do is play your game and then after the session go back and analyze it. It is kind of pointless to run through all of the possible situations before hand because all situations are different. In my eyes you have all the tools necessary to make this work.

So make it work and make OOT proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but im always afraid to checkraise the flop i mean if it has a 9 of clubs or a 6 or something then im pretty much due to lose something like 80% of my stack and then we are not even thinking yet about the river where there are no less than several cards that could come which would make me also bleed a lot of chips but in reality i certainly agree with you.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the advice in this thread is pretty ABC (like walking up to her and saying 'Hi', pssh) and it is important to have strong understanding of the fundamentals before you can start beating the bigger games. Luckily for you it sounds like you're playing in a friendly home game where they likely don't understand the fundamentals either. You are not playing against Patrick Antonious, its more likely you're playing against Jennifer Tilly. Unfortunatly right now you are playing like Jennifer Tilly and are checking your boat because you putting whats her name on kings preflop when she is just defending her big blind, monsters in the closet man.

OK so we don't know how to play ABC, thats ok because position is more important. While she has probably noticed you, you're always across the table. That is pretty poor positioning, epically when you're in control of where you sit. I'm not saying you should beside her in class or anything, but maybe I am. With position you'll have more opportunity and time to make some bluffs.

Showing weakness is generally a bad thing, but don't be afraid to feign weakness, even if you aren't feigning. If you have an obvious tell when bluffing then there is no point in bluffing. Play your hand you've been dealt and Be Yourself. When you manage to say hi to her and she says hi back, you're going to be nervous as [censored] and shes going to see it, so don't try to hide it.

Now after this exchange things can go a million different directions. I would love to tell you how to play this hand from here but I can't, that is up to you. Maybe you can tell her that you need help with this class and would enjoy a study partner. Or maybe can ask her name. Or maybe you can pretend that your pen doesn't work and ask to borrow one. Or maybe ask her if she likes coffee. Or maybe ask her why she always dots her i's with skull and cross bones.

The best you can do is play your game and then after the session go back and analyze it. It is kind of pointless to run through all of the possible situations before hand because all situations are different. In my eyes you have all the tools necessary to make this work.

So make it work and make OOT proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but im always afraid to checkraise the flop i mean if it has a 9 of clubs or a 6 or something then im pretty much due to lose something like 80% of my stack and then we are not even thinking yet about the river where there are no less than several cards that could come which would make me also bleed a lot of chips but in reality i certainly agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak English man
Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Herez the deal:

if you really cared about this chick you would wait outside of class for her and then when she comes out you would give her a piece of paper with all of your personal information on it. Then you would tell her to run -- not walk -- to the police station to take a restraining order out on your stalker azz.

And, if you really cared about OOT you would violate restraining order and then write a tl:dr trip report that we could all laugh at and bash!!!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED TO HER HOW CAN YOU KNOW HOW ATTRACTED YOU ARE TO HER YOU ARE A CREEPY STALKER

[/ QUOTE ]
I trust my "reading skills," observation skills, instincts and first impressions. That to me are everything. I don't need to talk to her first to know how she is. If i had gotten a bad impression from my instincts i wouldn't even like her. It is not just about good looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

with your l33t "reading skills" you should play teh pokar.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 PM

In order to help my noble cause I now have mystery's handbook (mystery aka the worlds greatest pick up artist). Im going to try reading the whole thing and put it to use next week, and will make a report of either victory or yet another embarrasment.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Imagine you finally get the balls to ask this girl out (I don't know, maybe you get drunk before class or something), and end up in a long term relationship with her... and one day she finds this thread.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine you finally get the balls to ask this girl out (I don't know, maybe you get drunk before class or something), and end up in a long term relationship with her... and one day she finds this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
Old 03-16-2007, 09:58 PM

Also, I think you are putting way too much pressure on how awkward you think it will be in class after this rejection you think you are getting. I asked out a guy I worked with once. He let me know he had a girlfriend. Bummer. Still gotta work together though. So, every time I passed him in the hall or saw him in a meeting, I'd smile and be friendly and flirty. Six months later, he asked me out. Two years later, we got married.

Just sit down with her next time she is having her coffee and start asking her something about what the prof was discussing in class. Then, after doing this a few times, ask her out.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:55 AM

Oh my god this might be the creepiest most stalkerish thing I've ever read and I feel sorry for this girl for having to be subjected to this twice a week. How long until you follow her home and watch her through her windows with binoculars for hours at a time just to 'see if she has a bf?'. I hope she eventually gets a restraining order against you or drops out of school to get away from you as that might completely shatter your already non-existent confidence and send you straight to a nervous breakdown which would be 12 kinds of awesomeness.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:25 PM

Any updates?

Did you go busto yet?