Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: a special kind of [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
this guy is special: http://prdifferently.typepad.com/my_...t_to_act_.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. Who does that?
Old 03-26-2007, 11:52 PM

One of my employees was upset today because she thought her friend had been abducted. One of their mutual friends had received text messages from (the thought to be abducted friend) saying stuff like "I've been abducted. I'm with strangers. I don't know where I am" etc... So naturally they call the cops. DC cops respond to her work, MD cops respond to her home. Turns out she just lost her phone and whoever found it thought this would be funny.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:57 PM

"What other actions require a special kind of a-hole to execute them? "

was in vegas recently and got roped into watching that stupid pirate show in front of treasure island. so the sidewalk on that side of the street is just absolutely jampacked with ppl. you simply cant move for like 100 yards. well, it takes a special kind of [censored] to try to walk thru a huge mass of ppl.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:50 AM

When people whine to the cashier about somebody cutting in front of them. Someone cuts in front, tell them. Don't complain to the 16 year old kid who just wants to sell you a burger, not be a ref.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The gym at my school is not that big and of course its often packed, especially at certain hours. I walk over to the free weight area ready to get my workout underway and I notice something strange. There is only one guy there, but there seems to be weights and articles of clothing on each of four machines/benches (of which there are only one).

There is a water bottle on the one good squat rack bench.

There is a towel draped over the only preacher bench.

There is an ipod sitting on a flat bench.

There is hoodie on the only flat upright bench.

I soon realize that people aren't elsewhere or in the bathroom, these things ALL ARE THIS ONE GUY'S. I figure, no big deal, he was making himself at home since the gym was empty. I head over to the preacher bench and he says, "hey bro, im using that." So I figure, alright, and I walk over to the squat rack bench and put his water bottle on the ground next to the preacher bench. I then hear from behind me, "BRO, I'm using that too, don't move my [censored]."

I try to remain calm and say, "Soo you are using basically everything?"

And he responds in a tone and with a look like, what are you stupid, and says, "Dude, I'm supersetting all these."

He was truly, a special kind of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. 25lb plate to the temple would be the only reasonable response.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I was thinking about this exact thing last night. Except at my gym it's always a trainer doing this with someone. They somehow think it is OK to hog up 6 machines/benches/etc. at once. It used to piss me off, but like the traffic, I just sit down and start exercising now. I may be polite and ask to work in. F em.

Also, what danza said. Some guy refused a spot? WTF? I have never even heard of that in the gym. What a grade a [censored]. Is that standard where you work out?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:43 AM

When I was in college I had a Facebook group called "I'm Writing a Paper, now Shut the F--- Up". Whenever I was in the computer lab there would be 25 people working on papers and one or two people on the phone, playing videos with sound and no headphones, and talking loudly with friends.

Whenever someone was doing this, I would get their name and then I would send them a facebook invite to this group.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 AM

Had this happen this morning:

"Create your own turn lane" guy. We have a lot of one-way access roads, and when an intersection approaches there's often a "jug-handle" for the right turn lane to move turners out of the flow of traffic. Well, in the mornings, the jug handle backs up into the main flow of traffic (rush hour, duh). So this special kind of [censored] doesn't want to wait in line, so he drives all the way up to the intersection and turns right from a clearly marked "straight only" lane (and there's often a concrete barrier separating the end of the jug handle from the main lanes, so the douche has to cut around the concrete).

I go out of my way to turn wide if I see someone attempting that when I'm turning from the proper lane.

(I have an MS Paint diagram, but not sure how to attach it)

-David
Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 AM

Here is a situation that pissed me off royally:

My GF works at a restaurant attached to the mall, so during the Christmas season, I usually drop her off and pick her up when I can so she doesn't have to park in a rediculous spot and have to walk to her car alone in the dark at 11 at night. She has asked me to take people home that she works with on 3 occassions. Once was a bartender whos car was in the shop and the other was a fellow waitress (who ended up getting a ride twice, but no more after the second time).

The proper way to handle this:
Now mind you I drive a 2 door camaro with not much of a backseat and the bartender was a big guy. He kept offering my GF the front seat and she ended up pretty much forcing him to sit up front so he would be comfortable (GF 5-4, bartender dude 6-2). He lives 5 minutes away and gives me good directions and is very nice. When we get to his house, he thanks me again and offers to give me $5 as gas money. I decline, but he insists. I was like wow, what a nice guy. I didnt mind doing him this favor.

The Bitch way to handle this:
She texts me again and asks if I can take a fellow waitress home so she doesn't have to wait for the bus. After taking the bartender home I'm like sure, its cold out I'll do her a favor. She gets in the backseat without question (which is the last of her good manners). She immediately asks me if she can smoke in my car, and I tell her no, I hate the smell of cigarrettes. She gives me the "aww, I could really use a smoke". I say well, we can chill here for a minute if you want to smoke, thats no problem. She goes "no its too cold out". And I say ok, and off we go. It turns out this girl lives about 20 minutes away and didnt mention it. The whole ride her and my GF bitch about work. I am pretty fed up by the time we finally get there. I get a half ass thank you and no offer for gas money. Next week she asks me to take this girl home again, and I'm like I really don't want to and the GF convinces me to take her home too. So I get there to pick them up, and they are 30 minutes later than they are supposed to be without telling me. So I sit in the cold parking lot for 30 minutes. She gets in, goes "aw, I forgot, I can't smoke in here can I?" At this point I'm already angry, and just say "NO, sorry" and off we go. I turn on the heat and she goes "wow its hot in here". I reply well I have been sitting in a cold parking lot for the past 30 minutes waiting for you guys, so I'm cold". About 3 minutes go by and she goes to my gf "are you as hot as me?" I slam the heat off and go "There the heat is off, anything else I can do for you?" Needless to say the rest of the ride was awkward and no gas money offered again. Me and the GF get in a fight about it on the way to her house and I tell her what a bitch that girl was and that I don't care if she has to walk home in a blizzard, she will not get another ride from me.

Cliff Notes: Bartender = not an douche bag, Waitress = douchebag, GF = ignorant of waitresses douchebagness, Me = Angry
Old 03-27-2007, 10:44 AM

My friend ordered onion rings last night. I ate most of em. I even took the last one without asking. But he's the douche of the group so it's okay.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 AM

DDY,

There are some valid reasons to refuse to spot someone. As an example, I would prefer someone not comfortable performing the task (due to weight, unfamiliarity, etc) refuse than say yes out of fear of offense.

4 way stops. I'm more irritated by people who just sit and wait rather than go. We're all traveling like 2 miles an hour; if two of us happen to try to go at the same time, it'll work itself out.

J