Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Is it just me or is this a date?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear about all this, but you weren't married.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank Christ for the hot tip - I was just about to call my lawyer to work on what she got in the divorce settlement.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I will update this again when I actually have a discussion with her, but at this point I am not really even sure if that will happen. We both seem to know where the relationship stands without saying a word.

[/ QUOTE ]

It needs to happen. Don't assume this. All you have done right now is created a scenario where she is now chatting with her girlfriends every waking moment about how cold you have become, and what could you be thinking and feelings, and what do you know or not know, etc etc etc....

Also:

[ QUOTE ]
I need to get out and be social, and start dating a little myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or wait, did I read that wrong?

Ray
Old 08-09-2007, 02:15 PM

lol @ that picture. That actually crossed my mind when I was typing that.

And I agree that I need to talk to her, but I am becoming more apathetic to the situation with every passing minute. I am sick of letting it consume me.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:49 PM

Don't break up on the phone. Do it in person the next time she comes back to town. You have the right frame of mind now; don't get all emotional about it. Just be frank and bring out the mutual realization that it's over.

Once it's done have a glorious post Break-up screw. Trust me on this, it will be mui bueno. You may not understand why this is important now, but you must lay the foundation to transition to screw buddies. You have actually started down this path without realizing it. You may not do it now, or 6 months from now, our another 3 years, or possibly ever again. But you want to leave the door open to a NSA bang for some point in the future.

Finally, make a pledge to right now to get knob from one of the new sister-in laws cousins and tap another during the wedding festivities.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Why on earth did you not talk to her when you had her on the phone last? And stop playing these stupid "call you when you're at work so you won't answer" games...thats childish and retarded.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Cause I [censored] up.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM

UPDATE: I spent about 2 hours on the phone with her last night sorting through all of this stuff.

I first asked her if she had been dating someone out there, to which she replied that she had not. So then I asked her about the pictures and you could hear a pin drop. I was prepared for the BS that was coming next - she said it was a night out with everyone at a bar and they were just sitting at a side table (She couldn't really explain the one on his lap, however). I told her I knew who the guy was and what was going on (semi-bluff). She explained that she wasn't dating him at the time of the picture, and that she also wasn't dating him when she was home with me last - clearly begging the question "are you dating him now?" She said no but that they do like spending time together, and that they might date in the future. (lol oh really? don't let me stand in the way of that.)

At this point I was really glad that I spent the last week and a half preparing for this.

I told her that it was time that we go our separate ways, that I plan on dating other people when I return for my final year of law school (in 1 week), and that she is absolutely not going to my brother's wedding with me. She was being so tough throughout the phone call but got pretty upset when I said that this was it, but it was the right thing. She wanted to continue being friends, but [censored] that, that's not happening. I'm not sure if we'll ever talk again, but there is definitely a lack of trust at this point, and by the time she will come back around I will have moved on. So that's that.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 AM

Sounds like you made the right decision. Which is actually quite rare on here. Not too many actual success stories like yours. You'll have a blast this year at school.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:19 AM

Sorry to hear the news op, honestly having this happen to me I knew it was coming for you. I honestly had my stomach in knots hoping that everything would be fine.

You are going to be a lawyer, going to a wedding for your bro, you will be laid soon. You def don't need her drama.

Super sorry to hear though
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE: I spent about 2 hours on the phone with her last night sorting through all of this stuff.

I first asked her if she had been dating someone out there, to which she replied that she had not. So then I asked her about the pictures and you could hear a pin drop. I was prepared for the BS that was coming next - she said it was a night out with everyone at a bar and they were just sitting at a side table (She couldn't really explain the one on his lap, however). I told her I knew who the guy was and what was going on (semi-bluff). She explained that she wasn't dating him at the time of the picture, and that she also wasn't dating him when she was home with me last - clearly begging the question "are you dating him now?" She said no but that they do like spending time together, and that they might date in the future. (lol oh really? don't let me stand in the way of that.)

At this point I was really glad that I spent the last week and a half preparing for this.

I told her that it was time that we go our separate ways, that I plan on dating other people when I return for my final year of law school (in 1 week), and that she is absolutely not going to my brother's wedding with me. She was being so tough throughout the phone call but got pretty upset when I said that this was it, but it was the right thing. She wanted to continue being friends, but [censored] that, that's not happening. I'm not sure if we'll ever talk again, but there is definitely a lack of trust at this point, and by the time she will come back around I will have moved on. So that's that.

[/ QUOTE ]

very well done.