Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: July Thread for Very Important LIMIT Hold \'em Discussion

I know this isn't the Internet Forum but I'm going to start playing a significant amount of online again. I'm thinking about 20+ hours/week of 2/4 and 3/6 FR to start and maybe mixing in some and 5/10 once I get a good feel for online games again.

My primary concern is profit and would like some feedback on the best deal in terms of games and rakeback. I've read the FTP vs. PS topic in IG, but I'd like some more input from people here.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 PM

ben, pm me for the skinny
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 PM

Cooler:
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Hero has 7s 5h (one pair, sevens).
BB has Qh 3s (two pair, queens and threes).
Outcome: BB wins 9 BB.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 PM

He Didn't Get The Message On The Turn?:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
UTG has 7h 8h (straight, eight high).
Hero has Td 8d (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:30 AM

I would raise that T8s preflop. I'd probably raise it on the flop as well, although lately I like calling more because they always put you on a flush draw if you raise.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:23 PM

KOKTP REMINDER

A reminder to all who are interested the King of the Kiddie Pool events start tonight and run through this weekend.

These are tons of fun and a great way to learn/mess around in new games with micros, small stakes, and sssh peoples.

a HUGE encouragement to sign up and check it out!

pm me for more info or the other ppl in the thread.

gogogogo

ps. this is a great chance for gambooling/betting/crossbooking, etc...ship it
Old 07-20-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise that T8s preflop. I'd probably raise it on the flop as well, although lately I like calling more because they always put you on a flush draw if you raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Doesn't this depend on preflop stats of Button/SB/etc? My decision was.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schneids just said he'll do a "Well" sometime next week. i'm sort of excited about it. i've always wanted to hear his story. not to mention the fact he's among the elite LHE players in the game today.

[/ QUOTE ]

James., would you mind posting a link in the Micro NC thread when this happens? I'm sure my guys would like to be in on that well, too, and not all of them are SS regulars.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids just said he'll do a "Well" sometime next week. i'm sort of excited about it. i've always wanted to hear his story. not to mention the fact he's among the elite LHE players in the game today.

[/ QUOTE ]

James., would you mind posting a link in the Micro NC thread when this happens? I'm sure my guys would like to be in on that well, too, and not all of them are SS regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

no prob. likely early nxt wk.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Doesn't this depend on preflop stats of Button/SB/etc? My decision was.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, mainly because there is a poster and UTG limps. If he had any kind of good hand, wouldn't he raise to steal the post+blinds? So you can isolate him with position, maybe the poster will fold, that'd be good, and if all fails it will probably be 4 or 5 handed, where T8s is a decent enough hand. In that case you might still get a free card on the flop because of your raise.