Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: People who buy bottled water are fish at life.

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, there's also a huge difference in the granularity of the 3rd sense of people. Just because you can't taste a big difference in water doesn't mean that other people can't, either.

It's like some people being able to smell that someone has had a smoke from 5 miles away (my dad is one of those), while I can basically stand right next to that person and not notice it at all (and that being a non-smoker, fwiw).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good one. Coming from the tropics on the windward side of Oahu, the air got cleaned from traveling over thousands of miles of ocean, and it was incredibly fresh and clean. At that point, if someone had smoked a cigarette in a gymnasium-sized building in the last few hours, I could smell it.

Yet smokers often think cigarettes don't really smell so bad, or the stink doesn't really get in the oil on their skin, in their clothes, and in their hair so that they carry it with them from that point forward.

WRONG! Some people can tell much better than others, and smoking dulls your ability to smell your own smoke too, making smokers the least qualified to judge how much stink they're making and carrying around with them.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:47 PM

OP, dude, you'd LOOOOVE EUROPE! hahahahahahahahha

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Yugoslav
Old 07-06-2007, 06:58 PM

this thread is tl;dr

wtf- Iron is siding with Stossel? Welcome to the Libertarian utopia to be!

Iron- time for an avatar change. 85% chance its BHO.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:05 PM

At least people care about how their decision affect the environment....oh wait. Is it really that hard to buy a filter and a reusable bottle?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5279230/

That is the first article that popped up...it was a big problem 2 years ago. I can only imagine how much more of a problem it is now.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:32 PM

This whole thread is stupid. Why would anyone drink something that doesn't have either alcohol or caffeine in it?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. Yellow water is not bad for you usually, it just means you got a little rust in a pipe you hadn't used for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who the [censored] uses a faucet so seldom the pipes start to rust, then decides to fill a bottle with water from the faucet, and THEN decides to drink the water when it comes out discolored?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sayin, it won't hurt you at all.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Try going to Denmark, Austria or another country with good tap water and you will know why I wont drink it here..
Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 PM

People who are saying that there is no noticable difference between tap water and bottled water are either poor, naive, or both.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The NY water is so good one former mayor (maybe Giuliani) considered bottling it and selling it.

[/ QUOTE ]
In Houston, they actually did sell tap water from bottles. The agency that makes water down there just took their normal supply, put it in jugs and slapped a "City of Houston" label on it. I got the impression that they were leveling all of us, but the water was available in stores.

Bottled water is a joke to people who know what they're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's awful. Houston tap water is by far the most disgusting I've ever encountered.

I usually don't like tap water, but I can drink it some places. I drink a lot of bottled water, but I'm on the road a lot. And I do prefer the taste and can tell the difference between some of them (Voss is my favorite but it's harder to find than I would have expected and it's fairly expensive). When I'm settled down in a domicile, I usually buy a Brita filter.

re: John Stossel, my anecdote is that once a few years ago I was watching 20/20 and he did some feature about how awful the makers of Monster were for suggesting that there was a human being in Aileen Wournos. At that point I decided he was an idiot.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread is stupid. Why would anyone drink something that doesn't have either alcohol or caffeine in it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hangovers.

Wait, you said caffeine. Never mind.