Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

Long ago I made a post on this subject that gets pretty clearly to the heart of how I feel about of all this. Was what my friends and I came up with back in 1993 along the PUA lines? I don't know, but my fortunes with women changed immediately.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

--
PUAs - "Look, get real. This is what works, this is what the world is like, this is how it is."
Nerds - "But it's wrong!"
--

Please articulate more specifically what you feel is "wrong" about male-female social dynamics in our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong is that women shouldn't be more attracted to him for not being 'himself', and using 'tricks.' Cardo may feel that this is somehow different than working out/dressing better in order to be more attractive, since those don't change the "real you." Of course, gaining useful knowledge/skills is beneficial in every other aspect of life: finding a job, winning at poker etc, and most would agree that increasing your odds of finding a great job is worth the education. Cardo's idealism extends to those areas as well (particularly finding a job).

Cardo has an overdeveloped sense of free will (in that any attempt to 'change' himself is dishonest) and entitlement (shouldn't have to work hard for an LTR or career, just being himself should be enough), just for being an intelligent human.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this is really accurate.

cardo i think siccjay had some good thoughts too, as well as guids. The whole point of PUA or something like it is to widen the pool from which you can select. Sure, plenty of people around here are like 'hay great i can [censored] an 8 now and not call her back ever' - but YOU can use it for whatever you like.

I'm hardly a PUA advocate (nor do I know *that* much about it), and I certainly have zero game. One thing I do find is that as people grow up, the idealist camp tends to shrink because part of idealism is denying yourself things you want for some higher good. Many people figure out that higher good isn't worth it anymore.

[/blarg]
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

Sure, you can find many parts that seem insincere or manufactured, and maybe that's not for you. But some consistent themes across everything I've read on this topic are:

-get rid of negative, defeatist attitudes
-don't be afraid of rejection
-be more confident about yourself

For the vast majority of guys, just thinking positively and actually talking to people they are interested in would make a huge difference in their success with women.

I see this stuff in many ways as not all that different from working out and being in good shape. When I do that, I look better, feel better about myself, and am more confident in my interactions with women, and all of that is reflected in the results. Is that me being insincere? No, I'm just trying to maximize my potential and increase my chances of getting what I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a very accurate assessment of what is at the core.

There are a group (apparently it has grown considerably since I left the game) who market teaching the basics but one can do that on their own as well. At a certain point getting peer review and exchanging ideas, etc can be great but people can go a long way alone if they have the drive to do so.

I participated in an online newsgroup when mystery had no system, nothing. Ross Jeffries was the guru and only 'teacher'. Mystery used to advocate going out 4 nights a week for 4 hours a night to practice. He did that for months on end forcing himself to interact with others with no wing support at all, just making the rounds in clubs, constantly approaching and interacting, learning more and more each night.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to ask the guys that have gotten involved in the PUA community: did you do so because you felt inadequate in your previous social interactions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a sex addict that backed my way into the PUA community (when it was unknown).
Old 08-08-2007, 09:35 PM

bk,

There is huge overlap between a lot of what these guys talk about and what you are taught in high end business sales training courses.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

--
PUAs - "Look, get real. This is what works, this is what the world is like, this is how it is."
Nerds - "But it's wrong!"
--

Please articulate more specifically what you feel is "wrong" about male-female social dynamics in our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong is that women shouldn't be more attracted to him for not being 'himself', and using 'tricks.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Women 'shouldn't' be attracted to him according to whom?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to ask the guys that have gotten involved in the PUA community: did you do so because you felt inadequate in your previous social interactions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a sex addict that backed my way into the PUA community (when it was unknown).

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOOOOKAY BRO!

Dude I dig your style mad hard but that is not exactly a ringing endorsement. How hard is it to keep from cheating on your wife? Can we do an Ask thread?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, this is really accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be impolitic, but how the [censored] would you know?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Long ago I made a post on this subject that gets pretty clearly to the heart of how I feel about of all this. Was what my friends and I came up with back in 1993 along the PUA lines? I don't know, but my fortunes with women changed immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol good2cu
Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath,

I kind of disagree. to get laid on a regular basis, you HAVE to play games, games that are completely pointless, not fun, and pretty retarded, but games that women are for some reason conditioned to equate with attraction, if you dont, they wont be attracted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I know this is true to a certain extent and I keep trying to write something longer articulating what I mean better but I am failing badly at it right now.