face 0 0%
BASTARD! 2 40.00%
ship it holla trollas 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
Jeebus, I keep looking for updates on that damn HU championship in HSNL. I wish Apathy would hurry up and win that thing already.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw Apathy at Queens Homecoming. He said he had to leave early Sunday morning to catch a flight to Mexico with THE ALAN SASS AND irieguy.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:30 AM

Yeah Irie's is going on some gay cruise with them or something (I kid, I kid). Then on the 23rd he's supposed to confirm the party bus, which confirms the LA STTF bash. So stay tuned kids.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:35 AM

Since cash is rigged I'm coming back. Since it almost bustoed what I had online I'll be in your 6.50s stealin your $$ for a short while.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:08 AM

Poker is a funny game.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM

can anyone send me $500 on stars for $505 on ft (lil commission) lol ill send first to trusted person ty ty ty
p.s needs to be quite soon as im going back to uni tomoz and stars is banned , i need to cash this money out as im a poor student with and alcohol addiction..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] lol jokes but yeah FT wont let me cash out cos its a new account that i use for rakeback. im pretty desperate here and i dont particularly read any other forums on 2p2.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Do you have to pay taxes on a cd account? Is putting your money in an index fund going to generally have a higher roi than a cd?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:29 PM

I'm sticking the rest of my roll back on Stars and it looks like WU is going to be the fastest method to get it on there. Have any of you guys ever used it?

I'm sure it's fine because I trust Stars, but it seems sketchy wiring the money to some random persons name in CostaRica.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have to pay taxes on a cd account? Is putting your money in an index fund going to generally have a higher roi than a cd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generaly speaking, you have to pay taxes on interest earned unless the investment is in a sheltered account like a Roth IRA for example.

You should expect in the long run to earn more from an index fund than a CD, but when I say the long run I mean periods of years. For example, a lot of my investments dropped more than 30% back in 2001/2002 and it took several years to recover the value and grow to more than what a CD would have returned in interest.

You have to know what your goals are and how liquid the investment needs to be.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generaly speaking, you have to pay taxes on interest earned unless the investment is in a sheltered account like a Roth IRA for example.

You should expect in the long run to earn more from an index fund than a CD, but when I say the long run I mean periods of years. For example, a lot of my investments dropped more than 30% back in 2001/2002 and it took several years to recover the value and grow to more than what a CD would have returned in interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say I just want more than 5% roi in 5 years but do you have to check up on your index fund alot? I just want to leave it there like a CD and not have to do anything pretty much. I'm guessing you can't do that.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say I just want more than 5% roi in 5 years but do you have to check up on your index fund alot? I just want to leave it there like a CD and not have to do anything pretty much. I'm guessing you can't do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The market historically returns something lke 10% annually but can go long periods doing less than that. I don't touch my index funds too often. About once per year I redistribute funds in order to achive my desired balance between large, medium, and small cap stocks.

Note: if your funds are not in a tax sheltered account you will need to keep good records for tax purposes. You might be responsible to pay taxes annually for some things like dividends, etc. even if you don't sell the fund. Read a book or talk to a CPA for more info.
Closed Thread