Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

"couldn't we use Daniel to track down Bin Laden???"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO8k47_lP0M

LOL
Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 AM

Cue, that would piss me off (though it would be one of my friends as I am a climber) too. I'd prob just buy him a pint and try to let it go.
that blows harder than Wyoming though. (only bc Neb sucks)

wow, I should get drunk at 5am more often!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 AM

Ed,

You seem to be one of the happiest go lucky people around. Just shrug that [censored] off.

If you want to screw with the kid you could always say that when you get home you will tell Uncle Santa what little Johnny just said. That will give the father a fun topic to discuss with his kid [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 09:15 AM

I never post in here but whatever.

I met this girl a few days ago and we hit it off, exchanged numbers, etc. She texted me later on that night wanting to hang out but I bailed because I was really tired (error number 1). I called her yesterday and asked her out, she immediately said yes, but she's really busy coming up. We decided on a day (today). She texted me like 4 hours later saying that she forgot she was eating dinner with one of her friends for their birthday, so can we go next week. I asked her to pick a day and she replied that she was busy and had three tests so can we talk about it in a few days. Granted I knew she was busy to begin with, but this seems like she's blowing me off. I just told her to let me know when she figured out her schedule. FWIW, she did seem excited when I asked her out. Am I [censored]?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked her to pick a day

[/ QUOTE ]
That was your mistake. Not being tired the other night. You should be in control/be the instigator/be generative/[insert PUA catchphrase here]

You should wait for like a few days (preferably a week) and then talk to her again. Don't ask her what she wants to do and when. Come up with an idea for something to do and suggest a day or two that you're free. If she's bails out on both days, forget about her.

Girls are very fickle. Even if she seemed interested before doesn't mean it was gonna last.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM

Off to get my first professional massage!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed,

You seem to be one of the happiest go lucky people around. Just shrug that [censored] off.

If you want to screw with the kid you could always say that when you get home you will tell Uncle Santa what little Johnny just said. That will give the father a fun topic to discuss with his kid [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didnt care that much, I was just like are you serious, WTF is wrong with you? When I was that age if I did that I got 5 across the eyes.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ed,

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didnt care that much, I was just like are you serious, WTF is wrong with you? When I was that age if I did that I got 5 across the eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree.

I know this'll sound very like "when I was young, I had to walk through 5 miles of snow just to get to school blah blah blah"...

but the fact of the matter is, that kids aren't being brought up as well today as they were 20+ years ago. A couple of reasons (*puts amateur sociology/psychology cap on*):

-Kids have become deified. Increased media coverage of violence and accidents has stirred parents up into a safety frenzy. Kids are now the holy cows of America and they're totally overprotected. Which leads to the fact that when a kid interacts with an adult, the parent will automatically become overly defensive towards the adult and lenient toward the childs behavior.

-Due to modern consumerist pressure, both parents usually have to work. Therefore they spend less time with their kids and that leads to feelings of guilt when they finally do, and they can't bring themselves to discipline them sufficiently.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Fat people aren't real people obv.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:34 AM

fat ppl dont have feelings!

On the kids area. Some annoying kid was ringing our door and running away. Thrice a day or sth. So my housemate grabbed some water gun and sprayed his ass. (it was freezing outside, but he lives like 50 meters down the street) The [censored] kid starts kicking our bikes instead of running away??? WTF is that? Next time its gonna be pee in the water gun, thats what i know...
Closed Thread