Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

I got CR, I watch the videos while I eat. I think it's worth it, but not because the way they play is that extraordinary - it's just guys playing poker & explaining their actions, most of which are ordinary lines, but because every now and then someone will say something in a video that just clicks in yer head and yer like "holy [censored]!" - I've picked up on a couple of leaks this way, as well as adjusted some stuff in my play. I think it's worth it for every level really, if you play a lot, because even if you gain like .5 PTBB/100 from it, it'll pay for itself pretty quickly.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM

CR is helpful just cause you get another look at something. When you see a line you might think about it only one way. There are lots of different lines to take and if you can see from every angle it's only gonna widen your game that much more. I realize that's kinda broad and unhelpful, but basically I watch any videos I can get my hands on just to see how someone else plays their hands and what they are thinking of other lines.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 PM

@mookboi - can you get CR for just 1 month - i.e. pay 25$ - cram as many vids as possible, and then decide after a month if you want to keep it - or is it a yearly subscription... - Also are there vids for 10NL/25NL?

@my valued 2p2ers - thanks for the support - played a lot of poker in the past 2 weeks, its really drained a lot out of me and I don't think I am playing 100%. Going to take a weeks break - read poker articles, scan 2p2, maybe read a book or 2 (poker and non poker). Basically clear my head a bit before I get back to the grind.

GL to all [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 PM

There are vids of low stakes. You have to pay the $100 at first and the monthly fee. If you dl videos they can be kept but they must be renewed so you can't dl them and cancel ur subscription.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kolo i always get confused, are u like seriously gay or is that just a BBv joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am gay
Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 PM

No, you can't get it for one month. Every time you dnld a video & open it, you have to authenticate through windows media player by connecting to their website. Ya can't just dnld every video & then cancel subscription.

You can buy individual videos if ya don't feel like payin the $100+25. I think each video is like $7. I don't know about 10/25NL videos, but I've watched a number of the 100NL ones, and I'd say all 10/25NL players would benefit from them just the same. Trust me, just because it's 100NL, doesn't mean the tables aren't full of donks.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 PM

Thanks guys...i think I am gonna do it. I figure I will get more value out of 6 months of cardrunners than 250 bucks worth of coaching.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 PM

isnt there something where you can sign up for 9.99 a month with no signup fee, but you have to buy each video individually?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isnt there something where you can sign up for 9.99 a month with no signup fee, but you have to buy each video individually?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you get a discount on each vid if you pay 10 bucks a month
Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you get a discount on each vid if you pay 10 bucks a month

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yea, 20% discount, i remember now...
Closed Thread