Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should he report this to the police?
Of course. 93 88.57%
Nope. CYA is the name of the game. 12 11.43%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2006-07 season Thread!*****

West Ham have sacked Alan Pardew as manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/6169349.stm
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM

hmmm....who are they gonna sell in January??
Old 12-11-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i think van persie's goal was harder to do, but i like watching taylor's goal more.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]I can agree with this, although the last angle they show on VP's goal is ill. FWIW, Taylors goal pwns the [censored] out of Alonso's earlier in the year.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The ball that VP has is one thats flying directly at him, at at least waist level. Also since he is closer he can't boot the ball, he actually has to drive it level/down. The ball Taylor has is right in front of him, and dropping, so its almost like a drop kick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is 42m away from the goal. Even the slightest error and the volley goes anyhere but in the goal. Pick any player and I could toss the ball to him and they would pull that goal off less than 1 in 100 under no pressure.

Willing to take a wager that Taylors goal finishes higher than VPs in the goal of the season contest on the BBC?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fergie said Rossi got to choose which club he wanted to go to and he ended up picking the barcodes. Newcastle is just so bad that he wasn't getting any service from the midfield and they were playing him alongside a winger in Duff which was completely stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if this was posted or not but here is a link where SAF does a little explanation of the Rossi loan...
wasted loan
Old 12-11-2006, 01:33 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ball that VP has is one thats flying directly at him, at at least waist level. Also since he is closer he can't boot the ball, he actually has to drive it level/down. The ball Taylor has is right in front of him, and dropping, so its almost like a drop kick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is 42m away from the goal. Even the slightest error and the volley goes anyhere but in the goal. Pick any player and I could toss the ball to him and they would pull that goal off less than 1 in 100 under no pressure.

Willing to take a wager that Taylors goal finishes higher than VPs in the goal of the season contest on the BBC?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had 100 attempts with both shots i could make taylors maybe five times. whereas i could make vp's exactly 0 times. the speed and direction of the ball are key here. i still watch vp's goal and wonder how he got the ball to do what it did right off of his foot. amazing imo. you have to remember that taylor was shooting at a pretty much open goal(see how far howard was off his line) and just arcing it in off the top of his foot. this shot is fairly easy to practice. vp's was like jumping in the air and kicking a ball kind of from the side which was moving towards him at quite a high speed and making it just rocket into the top corner. on sunday afternoon i was taking shots like taylors from about 10m in front of where he was and making about 30% of them.

rj
Old 12-11-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pick any player and I could toss the ball to him and they would pull that goal off less than 1 in 100 under no pressure

[/ QUOTE ] HAHA, you serious. Somehow Matt Taylor is so ill that he made a goal no one else can make. Come on man.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pick any player and I could toss the ball to him and they would pull that goal off less than 1 in 100 under no pressure

[/ QUOTE ] HAHA, you serious. Somehow Matt Taylor is so ill that he made a goal no one else can make. Come on man.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will make it, in more than 100 tries. I dont recall ever seeing a goal like this. I have seen strikes from that far out (42m), but never volleys from a player running onto the ball. Also, Howard wasnt that far off his line, he was in the 6 yard box. IMO the goal is prety much a fluke as whatever spin is on the ball is HUGE contributing factor.

Aslo, if RJ can do this 1 in 20, then a PLP can do it say 1 in 8 then we would see this type of goal all the time.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:54 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He will make it, in more than 100 tries. I dont recall ever seeing a goal like this. I have seen strikes from that far out (42m), but never volleys from a player running onto the ball. Also, Howard wasnt that far off his line, he was in the 6 yard box. IMO the goal is prety much a fluke as whatever spin is on the ball is HUGE contributing factor.

Aslo, if RJ can do this 1 in 20, then a PLP can do it say 1 in 8 then we would see this type of goal all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

to clarify. i meant with no defenders(since you did say, "under no pressure"). and i bet they could easily make it 1 in 8 with no defenders. also, howard isnt in the 6 yard box until the ball is in the net pretty much. of course spin is a factor, and players understand how to use spin pretty damn well at this point. I mean do you think they just kick the ball without any intention? Most of my shooting practice is seeing how different spins effect the shot. Im sure taylor has practiced long distance shots like this many times, just like all other EPL players.

rj
Old 12-11-2006, 03:17 PM

I would be willing to bet that any above average to good MF in the EPL makes that goal, with no pressure, at least 2 or 3 times out of 100. And this is a very conservative guess.