Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/26

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight, I shall be watching Mad Men, and I'll restate that I think this is the best new show on tv. People need to discover it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of it. What's it about and what channel is it on?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tonight, I shall be watching Mad Men, and I'll restate that I think this is the best new show on tv. People need to discover it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of it. What's it about and what channel is it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its about advertising executives who work in NYC on Madison av. in the 60's. It is on AMC and its an awesome show.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 PM

Here's a link to the Mad Men webpage.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/

It's on AMC, Thursdays at 10 pm est.

This review is a pretty good synopsis.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Do I have to start from the first ep? Or can I pick things up from tonight's show?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I have to start from the first ep? Or can I pick things up from tonight's show?

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect you can pick it right up, though I suppose it won't hurt to review the program guide.

This is not at all like a show like 24, where it is dependent on countless plot twists. There's only a few major story lines to keep track of.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Crap. I went out dancing last night, so I didn't get to watch SYTYCD live. No prob. I got it on DVR. However, I only had about an hour to watch an unexpectedly 2 hr program. I only got to see up to the point where they eliminated Lacey before I had to leave to catch my flight for MN this afternoon. And they axed Lacey first! Ugh. There's no way she deserved 4th place after her showing Wednesday. Ah well. I thought America had better taste than that. They usually do pretty well picking winners for DwtS.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:23 PM

You missed most of it?! Oh my god. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] So have you watched the rest of it yet or what? I don't want to spoil it for you.

I thought the show was pretty good overall. It kept my interest.
They asked each of the choreographers to select their favorite dances from the season and had the contestants come back and perform live. It was sort of fun to see Jesus and Sara and Anya again. They all did great, especially Sara!

Cat Deely's dress was a complete travesty and made me laugh every single time the camera pulled back.

I was sooo disappointed when Lacey was voted off. I couldn't believe it. At that point I really really wanted Neil to win. He is an awesome dancer and is very entertaining.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:46 AM

AMC here isn't in hi def but comcast on demand has the hi def flavor fwiw.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:32 PM

'The Company' finished up last night on TNT.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread, and I don't want to give any spoilers but: That was some awesome spy vs. spy stuff.

Michael Keaton, who has been dumped on a fair bit in tl;dr of late, was very good, especially in last night's final episode.

I'm sure there will be a back-to-back-to-back airing before long as TNT obviously spent some ducats on this. Highly recommend checking it out in this fashion so you won't have to wait a week to see the next ep like I did [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 06:50 PM

OK, I'm catching up right now and finishing it up. I'm not done yet, but I agree it's a good show. I'm liking the encores, and I generally agree with the ones they've picked so far. I was sad at first when the Pasha call-back they picked was his transformer hip hop. I thought it was a worthy call-back, but I liked his waltz, west coast swing, 2nd mannequin hip hop, and his cha cha all better. I thought they'd rig things so only give one dancer at most one call-back, spreading the love rather than highlighting the genuine best routines. I was happy to see his west coast swing get a call-back, too. I didn't think Pasha brought it as hard in his call-back as he did for the original performance, though. I guess Sara got 2 call-backs, too, and again worthy ones.

Ugh. And then Blonde Commodus goes BUSTO 3rd. I guess America is voting in exactly the opposite order compared to me.

Back to the call-backs, the routine I most wanted to see again but didn't was the Mia Michaels contemporary routine from the first week with LotM and Lacey. I loved it, and it was probably the contemporary routine I liked the most this season. You have a routine you most wanted to see again, but that didn't get called back, Katy?

That was the most ridiculous [censored]-tease about Nigel and Cat dancing. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That almost ruins the whole show. Tom Burgeron and his co-host actually had the stones to get out there and dance. That's insulting to us as an audience that the best Cat and Nigel could do is a hack-job flash animation that wasn't funny or clever in the least. What a waste of hype and 1 min of our time. They shouldn't have included that at all.

I'm shocked that Sabra won it. I guess the judges were pushing her, but to me, she just never seemed to stand out as much at any particular aspect of dancing as much as any of the others. Danny had cornered technique, Lacey sex appeal as well as partner dancing, Neil acrobatics and tricks, and Sabra cornered, what? Was it the home town thing? Do you remember if she was from south of the Mason-Dixon line, like all the American Idol winners have been? You have any input as to why she won, Katy?