Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

[ QUOTE ]
OK. So about every 10 days I see someone make a comment that FTP or PS NL50 is softer.

Does anyone here have a large sample size (50k+ hands) on both fulltilt and pokerstars? Is your winrate any higher on one or the other?

Also keep in mind your own level of skill. If you played 50k hands on PS then 50k hands on fulltilt, chances are you got better. But does anyone have any evidence about which is softer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have about 40k on stars.. and 100k on tilt.. Stars is much much softer IMO.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone teach me how to make a bankroll go UP consistently?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AJ - is that sweating offer still open?? If so, erm, I'm in!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some non-World Series day in the future...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't go on tilt, kids.

Also, please kill me.

Looks like I'll be in 25nl for a while, lol. Half of these are just terrible plays, others AK<everything preflop all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?KSDALJ&^*$$%$$#

You played OK during our little session. What happened?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't worry about losing $$$ in non-showdown pots at uNL, nobody ever folds, thus we kill with valuebets and showdown winnings

also, ppl always talk about how awesome their W$SF is like 45% at SSNL/MSNL. well guess what, ppl see so many flops from the BB/SB when it's limped around that it's tough to get that high. I'd say 40% is pretty damn good at uNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

LT22, I think this is absolutely spot on and rarely said.

The implication of what you are saying is quite profound - I lose a fortune trying to win non-s/d hands as I know postflop is so important and that just sitting there waiting for my value hands isn't "real poker". Of course, that's bloody retarded. I've come to realise in recent months that uNL is a special kind of poker game with it's own rules on how to beat it - and most of those rules are not found in Sklansky (unless Sklansky has suddenly become an expert on Italian TAGFish calling preflop 3b's with T7o).

Edit to add: Derosnec (I think it was him) posted recently that he got raised only 7 times that day. That says it all. If I folded each of those 7 times, my wr would probably double.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think this way too about nonSD pots. What changed me was that I felt I was only thinking this way to make excuses for my lacking in nonSD pots. I am not sure about making a profit in nonSD pots at uNL but I do think you can at least breakeven in them as I did that pretty much at NL5 for 35k hands. I am pretty sure people call a lot of raises at NL5. I was losing a ton in nonSD pots at NL10 on stars and it wasn't because of my opponents it was because I sucked. When I say losing nonSD pots I am talking a buyin every 1000 hands over 33k hands. Now that adds up real quick and kills your wr. If I had just broke even in nonSD pots then I would have doubled my winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very interesting discussion. I don't totally understand exactly what mistakes you feel you make when you try (too hard?) to win a non-s/d hand. Do you guys have any example hands where you felt you played this way?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think what he means is going after every pot without thinking about why he is going after it or just thinking I need to go after this to increase my nonSD winnings which is not how to do it. I changed how I play 1800 hands ago postflop and I have broke about even at showdown and won almost two buyins in nonSD pots. Of course this is not good but my session reviews showed me donking off three buyins just learning so not like playing this way will not work once it is ironed out. You just have to ask yourself this question. What part of his range is he taking this action too and will he fold out most of that to aggression. Or how much of my range here would I bet or raise this with and is that more then what I would fold since that is how my opponent is or should be thinking. Like you three bet QQ PF and flop is AKx and you opponent just called your 3bet. If he any good he has put you on AQ+/QQ+ unless your image is toast. So you bet out b/c your range for 3betting is QQ+/AK and that flop hit your range hard but not your hand. And people do think at NL25 on FT. People do fold hands. You just have to realize when they are going to call you to river and call river or call to river and fold it. Not many people are willing to go psycho in a hand with nothing.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some non-World Series day in the future...

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo, ooo me to AJ! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Saw your post last night but was headed off to bed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 03:43 PM

kaz,
your prob gonna pre-occupied with your boyz in the W.S. but if you wanna watch your basketball team get pwned switch over to TNT a few times tonight.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:10 PM

i've been stuck at work for 4 days and im having poker withdrawal. ready to grind out some hands and own the newbs.

plz god let me run goot.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Poker has been brutal to me today. I controlled the damaged to -1.5BI but DAMN AA < QQ AK < QK AK < JJ and guys turning sets much too often.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM

Got a question:

A friend is offering me a bet:
He says that he will play 10 4$ 160-players SnGs at Stars and will come Top3 in one of the 10.

He normally plays NL10, he's winning at NL10.

What do you think? Should I accept the bet?
Closed Thread