Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Beat: I'm ~35k VIP short of SNE and the WCOOP ME is only a little over a week away.

Brag: Stars just e-mailed me to say they were going to credit me the entry early since I'm almost there. Woot Stars!

Variance: I'm probably going to put in the hours to reach SNE before the WCOOP ME irregardless.

Variance: I'm hosting a football party the day before and am probably going to be majorly hungover from being [censored] -faced the day/night before.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm honestly glad things worked out to push me back to work. I work at a small company where I'm learning a ton. I'd like to try either be a partner in this company in a few years, or start something similar of my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, that sounds pretty darn good right now. Maybe I'll just go knock on doors until somebody says "Hey, come learn this business."

I'd forgotten the truly sucky side of playing for a living e.g. running bad/even forever, hoping for that one good streak a week that puts you in the black, and if it never comes, then gg you, and bustoland can be looming around the corner at any moment.

OH SHNAP HERE IT COMES [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Oh, wait, that wasn't it. But you see what I mean.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:07 AM

suzzer99: NSIDE i thought you needed rent money?
NSIDESTR8: i do
NSIDESTR8: thats why i am playing
suzzer99: you think we would loan you more than a buyin?
NSIDESTR8: no, i just need a buy in. my avg. win is about 60% of the sitngos i play [suzzer: SS this for larfs].
suzzer99: if you need a buyin
suzzer99: stop loading up SNGs
suzzer99: ...
NSIDESTR8: what do you mean
suzzer99: use your buyins for rent
NSIDESTR8: my rent is so much higher than even 10 buy ins. my odds are proven better at poker. will get evicted even if $10 short
suzzer99: lol
suzzer99: good luck then
NSIDESTR8: any way you look at it i am screwed
NSIDESTR8: do you need any cash suzzer
NSIDESTR8: if you are doing good tonight, maybe i could stake you for 50/50
suzzer99: im good thanks
NSIDESTR8: what if i stake you
NSIDESTR8: will you give me back my investment plus 50% of the winnings
suzzer99: wouldnt that be me staking you?
suzzer99: not you staking me?
NSIDESTR8: ?
suzzer99: you said you wanted to stake me
NSIDESTR8: i give you the buy ins, you play, if you make it to the cash you give me back the buy in plus 50% of the winnings. you make 50% of the winnings at no cost to you
suzzer99: my head hurts
NSIDESTR8: lol
jhub3000: ummmmmmmmmm
suzzer99: i think jhub is looking for horses
NSIDESTR8: i'm looking for aces
suzzer99: his stable is a little thin
NSIDESTR8: does he have a 5, if so pokerstars has screwed me
NSIDESTR8: gg
jhub3000 [observer]: sigh
jhub3000 [observer]: knew u didn't have trips
jhub3000 [observer]: have to hit top 2 on turn
NSIDESTR8: was hoping
NSIDESTR8: gg
NSIDESTR8: knew it would be us suzzer
NSIDESTR8: you are a solid player. would really consider staking someone like you
NSIDESTR8 [observer]: gg
suzzer99 [observer]: gg
NSIDESTR8 [observer]: let me know if you ever need staked
NSIDESTR8 [observer]: seriously

I really wanted to pull a Jman and say some really clever stuff. But it was all I could do just to type comments with 5 other bubbles going. Probably lost a couple $100 ev talking to this guy.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:14 AM

Gramps

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 03:35 AM

Damn Gramps I didn't know you were so freaking close! It was pudge who said something about 50k sngs? You played 50k sngs? That's crazy! Mad props. How many sng's do you usally play in a month?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lacky when you said you lost A7 to QJ on an a74 flop it took me like three seconds to realize how that was possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

the sick part is i checked and he overbet 5x shoved the flop to get all in.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:53 AM

What kind of bankroll management is it to be playing for a living and have bustoland looming around the corner any minute?
Old 09-22-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of bankroll management is it to be playing for a living and have bustoland looming around the corner any minute?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty standard
Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty standard

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, i was gonna say...the real world kind
Old 09-22-2007, 05:33 AM

final table, stars $109 30k, 1/9, hoping, hoping
Closed Thread