Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/26

Katy,

Are you voting for anyone tonight? I've been trying to vote for Lacey based on what I've seen so far this show and this season, but I've been completely unable to get through. Does this bode well for her? Or is it impossible to get through for anyone?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 AM

Alright, hot, foxy girl-on-girl action. This routine didn't grab me as much, but it's not really my style. Sabra looked a little sharper here, and she got the better choreography, but Lacey still looked good. I'm surprised that Nigel said he didn't get it either, but yeah, it was weird, and I don't have much to say about it. And then Dan comes through with the most meaningful commentary out of all the judges. Good job, Dan!

Now we have Danny's solo. See, I didn't like this as much. The first part of his solo was basically two moves: leaps, and the spin. They were good, and he does them expertly, but that was it. There's not the same expression and musicality as Lacey and to a lesser degree Blonde Commodus.

And now, some hot guy-on-guy action. Two princes (queens?) dancing for the throne. I felt Blonde Commodus here. Danny pranced and spun, but BC channeled his character from that angel/demon dance, and he was awesome. He looked stronger and more imposing, more deceitful and backstabbing. He gets the crown here.

Next up, Fro Girl's solo. Yeah, like, I appreciate her skill and her energy, but really, I'd much rather watch Lacey again. It's partly because of my preference for her style, but Lacey's musicality and sexuality are just more appealing to me.

Lacey and Blonde Commodus got the lindy routine. I know Nick Williams, but not Kristen. He's one of the best lindy hoppers in the country (he's actually lost a fair bit of weight, too), but, yeah, I haven't heard of the girl. Hmmmmm. I'm going to be pretty hard on them, here. I'm a better lindy hopper than Blonde Commodus. His footwork was a little lazy and non-committal. He needed to kick harder. Lacey was good, but not incredible. I think the choreography was a little too skewed towards aerials over real lindy, but that's what the audience wants, too. The moves were pretty tough, but in the realm of lindy hoppers, there are a whole lot of couples out there who could pull of that routine at least as well as they did in a week's practice time, including myself and any one of a few different partners here in Rochester. Still, I do have to hand it to Nick for delivering a good routine.

And finally, we get a cha cha from Fro Girl and Danny. I thought this was good, but it wasn't as good as Pasha and Jesse's cha cha. Their technique wasn't up to snuff, and Danny's partnering was still a little weak. Sabra did ratchet up her sexiness, but not up to the level of Lacey. Mary was right about their posture and the position of their weight, too.

I'm convinced that Lacey is my favorite of those we have left tonight. Second I'd put Blonde Commodus, third Fro Girl, and fourth Danny. Danny let me down tonight. His routine didn't excite me, even less than his other routines. I didn't think I'd rank Blonde Commodus ahead of Danny, but he did much better tonight.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 AM

Well, now I had no trouble getting through for Lacey, and the show just ended on the West Coast. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Hi Wookie,

Great commentary! This is pretty cool, we actually agree on who we want to win (insert a shrill Mary Scream here). Lacey is not only hot but she's one freaking awesome dancer in any genre they give her. The girl is so much fun to watch and executes her routines like a polished professional (with the exception of the Lindy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). In my opinion she is so much more fun to watch than Sabre that it's not funny.

Doesn't it seem to you that the judges and producers WANT America to select Sabre? Why are they constantly pushing for her? I have watched her week after week, and while she is certainly a good dancer, her performance level doesn't come close to Lacey's. I was giving this a lot of thought over the past week and I actually think I preferred to watch Jamie and Lauren over Sabre. One thing that really stood out at me last night was how she didn't have near the amount of energy and crispness in her dancing that Lacey and Lauren have. She was almost sluggish last night. By "sluggish" I mean that she was slightly behind on the beat and her leg movements didn't pop like the others.

I can't decide between Danny and Neil but I think you are right here, Neil gets the edge. I think Neil is a much better performer and more fun to watch even though Danny looks like he is technically more polished. I loved what Neil did in the dance for the throne - he has a future in the theater! He's full of surprises.

[ QUOTE ]
Danny pranced and spun, but BC channeled his character from that angel/demon dance, and he was awesome. He looked stronger and more imposing, more deceitful and backstabbing. He gets the crown here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. Well said.

I didn't call to vote for any of them but I am pulling for Lacey. The reason why, I truly believe she deserves it. She is not only a freakishly good dancer, she has the whole performance thing down perfectly. She draws you in. Did you see her head position in those spins during the waltz... I think Nigel commented on it (when she lost the earring). That was so gorgeous. There's no one I enjoy watching more than her. She is magic.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:27 PM

I agree. I think the judges have been overly nice to Sabra. She's good, and I probably wasn't giving her her due early, but I do generally like watching Lauren more. She has the musicality and the crispness of movement that I like more than Sabra's fluidity.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Tonight, I shall be watching Mad Men, and I'll restate that I think this is the best new show on tv. People need to discover it.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM

I will try to watch it. I have been neglecting it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Is it easy to get into the storyline and connect with the characters?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM

The characters are very interesting to me, Katy. All have their good and bad sides.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM

That's the thing. It does have some great characters, but call me simple-minded if you want, I'm finding the show to be rather dull. Not a whole lot happens in a given episode, or even the sum of the ones I've seen so far. I guess I watch TV primarily for entertainment. If it happens to be intelligent entertainment, all the better, but, while this show is intelligent and interesting, I'm finding it a little short on entertainment. This show is reminding me a lot of Glengarry Glen Ross, but without the whodunnit. It's got great actors in great roles (sales roles, even), but it's missing the events that make me care about what happens to them. I'll probably watch it tonight and maybe next week, but it's on probation for me.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:26 PM

I think you're simple-minded. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But seriously, folks, I appreciate the need for some "events," but I think the show has plenty of plot, though it is more leisurely paced. It helps, though, if you've been watching each episode and are aware of the story arcs.