Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Regulars

[ QUOTE ]
I played NL50 for a week and there are NO good regs there. Also very hard 2 outplay ppl, the best strat was 2 wait for a big hand and overbet on every street, even when you raise 8x bb preflop u still get at least 1 caller with some small pair ussually

[/ QUOTE ]

its relative to the level

I mean some 25/50 winner could say the same thing about 2/4 players
Old 09-22-2007, 10:54 AM

^ There are no good regs yet it's very hard to outplay people? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 12:08 PM

One of the things I find interesting as a uNL grinder is that once I've played at a particular level long enough to get a decent read on some of the regulars, I'm ready to move up.

I played 5NL for several months and had a good line on several regulars. Then I moved up to 10NL and very quickly moved to 25NL. Whenever I sit at a table now it's usually all new players, or a player with only a few hands in my database.

Now if I see someone at the table and I have more than 100 hands on them, I know that I played with them long ago and that they are at least a good enough player to have moved up. I usually just stay out of these players way and try to take the money from the softies.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^ There are no good regs yet it's very hard to outplay people? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Running multi street bluff is unprofitable. Anytime people have overpairs, they stack. Alot stack with middle pairs if no paint comes because you always have broadway.. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone has to start somewhere, and sometimes people stay in that same starting somehwere. i dont see a problem with that if they are happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously

and renton doesn't really post much content anymore anyway, outside of look at these stats and turn me from a 4ptbb winner at 2/4 to a 10ptbb winner at 2/4 ..

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the 10 plus hand critiques a day along with the occasional release of massive secrets to beat poker, those obviously don't count as content.

im not saying theres something wrong with being a regular at 25nl, im saying that knowing the regulars at 25nl is basically inconsequential to any reasonable player's results there.

[/ QUOTE ]

id actually have to agree with renton here, anything 50NL and below, does it really matter who the regs are? at 100NL, maybe 200NL, i think is where it starts mattering a lot more. im not saying there aren't good and bad players at those levels, there certainly are, but it doesn't mean that if you play a solid game you cant beat those levels fairly easily no matter who is at the table. if i am playing 200NL and below (dont do much) i dont care about table selection nearly as much. 2/4 and above, i think it starts to get very important.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:50 PM

what you are doing is looking at nl25 as a nl400 player, not as a nl25 player .. of course you don't care about who's at the table your raw skill is grossly superior

if someone like cts, bldswttrs or stinger wanted to move down to 2/4 they wouldn't really care about who the regulars were either because they'd rape every reg with ease

nearly everything in poker is relative
Old 09-22-2007, 04:56 PM

no.

what im saying, is that at 25nl, A) the games are so good that a fundamentally sound tight predictable strategy will beat it for a very good clip, B) there are SO many games going at any given time that you rarely play against the same ppl, and C) the turnover rate at 25nl is so incredibly high that theres no point in even keeping track of anyone who plays reasonably well.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:59 PM

I don't see anything wrong about FR regs talking about other FR regs in the poker stars regs thread, no matter what level it is...
Old 09-22-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone has to start somewhere, and sometimes people stay in that same starting somehwere. i dont see a problem with that if they are happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously

and renton doesn't really post much content anymore anyway, outside of look at these stats and turn me from a 4ptbb winner at 2/4 to a 10ptbb winner at 2/4 ..

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the 10 plus hand critiques a day along with the occasional release of massive secrets to beat poker, those obviously don't count as content.

im not saying theres something wrong with being a regular at 25nl, im saying that knowing the regulars at 25nl is basically inconsequential to any reasonable player's results there.

[/ QUOTE ]

id actually have to agree with renton here, anything 50NL and below, does it really matter who the regs are? at 100NL, maybe 200NL, i think is where it starts mattering a lot more. im not saying there aren't good and bad players at those levels, there certainly are, but it doesn't mean that if you play a solid game you cant beat those levels fairly easily no matter who is at the table. if i am playing 200NL and below (dont do much) i dont care about table selection nearly as much. 2/4 and above, i think it starts to get very important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everybody is just missing the point. It matters to those of us who play NL25 who the regs are because it's fun to talk about them and hear other opinions about their play. I've said it like 3 times now. I, and I'd imagine other 25 NL'ers posting here know we can beat the level by playing tight and predictably.

The thread just caught my interest because several names were thrown out who I play against every single day and have thousands of hands with. Is there anything wrong with sharing opinions about them?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if someone like cts, bldswttrs or stinger wanted to move down to 2/4 they wouldn't really care about who the regulars were either because they'd rape every reg with ease

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no way of knowing, and am probably wrong, but I find this very hard to believe.
Closed Thread