Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/26

The whole open the door to see who wins thing is pretty lame. I think it needs more dramatic music.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 PM

Foooootball
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole open the door to see who wins thing is pretty lame. I think it needs more dramatic music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on the edge of my seat! I could hardly bear it to tell you the truth. That was intense.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:47 AM

After HK last night, I watched my other monday night food show: Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. This episode he was in Brazil.

I like Tony Bourdain, but this show is getting so repetetive. Tony has gotten so far up his own azz with his own pretensions and rebellious superiority, it's like he's not even trying anymore. Every show has degenerated into something like this:

- Tony tells us where he's going, and why their culture and cuisine is much better than ours.

- Tony gets drunk and makes some snarky comments about typical travel TV shows

- Tony goes to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant or dirty street vendor and eats some greasy crap food. Then raves about it, making sure to tell us how much better it is than American fast food.

- Tony gets drunk somewhere else and makes snarky comments about some local customs or nasty weird food he just ate.

- Tony goes to a decent restaurant and eats a meal featuring parts of animals that Americans typically find gross and won't eat. He also gets drunk again, and explains how we're all simple-minded rubes for liking filet mignon more than testicles/kidneys/eyeballs/whatever. Followed by the obligatory worn-out vegetarian joke.

I was looking forward to this episode because I know that Brazil is a very eclectic mix of cultures and has some very interesting and creative food. But instead, we watch Tony drinking heavily, and looking so relieved at the sight of someone pouring vodka, then talking about how much he likes to drink. Occasionally stopping to smoke or stare at some greasy pork.

There was one part where he went on and on about the typical travel shows that mostly talk about carnivale when they go to Brazil, implying that it's mostly just mindless filler material. So he spends like 10 minutes trying to say something funny about it while showing some stock footage of people dancing in tacky costumes. I guess it's cool to put a bunch of mindless filler material into your own show, as long as you do it under the guise of making fun of other show's mindless filler material.

Observing Tony's lifestyle, I think it's easy to see why his face looks like an antique baseball glove. But keep making fun of those healthy people, it'll never get old dude. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 08:59 PM

Wookie, I hope you are watching SYTYCD. The waltz that Danny and Lacey just did might be my favorite dance of the entire season. I loved the choreography [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 PM

Top Chef tonight!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wookie, I hope you are watching SYTYCD. The waltz that Danny and Lacey just did might be my favorite dance of the entire season. I loved the choreography [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]!

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I catch it all on Thursday, but I'm going to start watching in just a couple minutes.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:08 PM

There's a Lindy routine tonight [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. That dance looks really difficult! Can't wait to see your analysis of it.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:17 PM

Really! Whoa!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:59 PM

Well, the broadway routine w/ everyone was fun. I think Lacey looked ridiculously sexy, so she kinda wins here. I think Blonde Commodus was a hair behind in spots, so I think Danny outshined him.

And then, we get Lacey being super sexy again in her solo. I know already that I'm going to enjoy watching this more than Fro Girl. I connect w/ her style more, it's sexier, it usually connects w/ the music more, and she is always working the audience.

Oh man. LOL @ the sign they showed that read "Neil you make me squeal." Anyway, Blonde Commodus and Fro Girl got the first couples' routine. I have to agree w/ Nigel here. It was fun, but it wasn't sexy, it didn't appear to be as difficult, and it didn't really grab me. Kind of a rough start for these two. Let's see how Danny and Lacey do.

They get Viennese Waltz, which is a tough dance to make look exciting. I liked their routine. Lacey was awesome. Danny's partnering skills are still a little weak, but his lines were good with his non-lead arm. His footwork looked good. Still, Lacey was the real star here.

Blonde Commodus's solo was good. He kicked up his musicality here -- his tricks and such fit w/ the music better. That will always be what does it for me.

I'm just going to take a moment here to say that I think the guest judge tonight is my favorite, I think. He gives solid feedback, and he's not annoying.