Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pro Bowl WEST - buy league Edge?
Yes, buy it for the whole league for $99 4 50.00%
No, don't buy it 2 25.00%
I'm not in this league / just show me the results 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, June, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Got a girl's # last night at a bar after talking about the Adventures of Pete & Pete, which I currently have rented on DVD. Unfortunately our conversation was cut short before we finished discussing the seminal Papercut episode, but I digress.

Anyway, basic stuff but - when do I call? Do I immediately start talking about Pete? If she lived close it would be a no-brainer that she'd come over for Pete DVDs and POB, but she lives over an hour away (NYC would be our middle ground, but I prefer to avoid bars and clubs because I can't drink).

WWPD?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peru, There's nothing wrong with making a bad play and getting away with it. You're a valuable member of the community and you shouldn't feel any shame in posting your best/worst moments. You could show up covered in blood with a 200lb lumpy package about which you don't want a lot of questions asked and I'll still send you over to microbet's house to hide out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never turned to microbet for crime scene/alibi aid, but I can say that bones is no help whatsoever. During the first date that I had during my divorce, this very drunk, very aggressive (hadn't had sex in 3 years) girl passed out naked in my living room.

I didn't want her there in the morning when she woke up, and I turned to Bones for help. He was not helpful in the least. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

As a result I had to drive her home in the morning in what can only be the most awkward thirty-five minutes of my life.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got a girl's # last night at a bar after talking about the Adventures of Pete & Pete, which I currently have rented on DVD. Unfortunately our conversation was cut short before we finished discussing the seminal Papercut episode, but I digress.

Anyway, basic stuff but - when do I call? Do I immediately start talking about Pete? If she lived close it would be a no-brainer that she'd come over for Pete DVDs and POB, but she lives over an hour away (NYC would be our middle ground, but I prefer to avoid bars and clubs because I can't drink).

WWPD?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) you're my new favorite poster. Pete and Pete is so underrated

b) give it a couple days...its kind of read dependent, but if you FPS early shes gonna shut down
Old 06-23-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WWPD?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) you're my new favorite poster. Pete and Pete is so underrated

b) give it a couple days...its kind of read dependent, but if you FPS early shes gonna shut down

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...

a) Yea I was never really a fan of P&P as a kid (except for rock-paper-scissors), but I've now discovered that it's very funny and extremely intelligent.

b) The issue is more that she lives about 75 minutes away (I think). Half-hour away is no big deal. An hour away isn't a big deal if we both lived on Long Island. But an hour away with Manhattan separating us is kinda crap. "I'll meet you at the Starbucks in Penn Station"? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon you have to believe that some girls play 69 in early position
Old 06-23-2007, 06:07 PM

So, I'm wearing my Luckbox shirt . . . These hands happened within two minutes of each other:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $59.00
BB: $11.70
UTG: $32.05
MP: $28.15
CO: $25.50
Hero (BTN): $28.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.00

Flop: ($6.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $29.05</font>, Hero calls all-in for $19.90
Uncalled bet of $3.15 returned to UTG

Turn: ($58.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($58.15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $58.15 ($2.85 Rake)

UTG had 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sixes) and LOST (-$28.90)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON (+$26.40)

THEN . . .

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $18.05
Hero (BB): $39.75
UTG: $20.75
CO: $24.20
BTN: $26.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $18.05</font>, Hero calls $16.55

Flop: ($36.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Turn: ($36.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($36.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $36.35 ($1.80 Rake)

SB had 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Sevens full of Fives) and LOST (-$18.05)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Sevens full of Jacks) and WON (+$16.50)

LOL Reversesuckoutaments
Old 06-23-2007, 08:14 PM

Ugh, I just lost in one of my tourneys after starting HU at 400/800 and the other guy had &lt;800. It was the most frustrating string of hands ever.

Edit: And this was after I absolutely destroyed the bubble, started ITM with 11k. Haha, I've never been so upset over $10
Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm wearing my Luckbox shirt . . . These hands happened within two minutes of each other:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $59.00
BB: $11.70
UTG: $32.05
MP: $28.15
CO: $25.50
Hero (BTN): $28.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.00

Flop: ($6.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $29.05</font>, Hero calls all-in for $19.90
Uncalled bet of $3.15 returned to UTG

Turn: ($58.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($58.15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $58.15 ($2.85 Rake)

UTG had 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sixes) and LOST (-$28.90)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON (+$26.40)

THEN . . .

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $18.05
Hero (BB): $39.75
UTG: $20.75
CO: $24.20
BTN: $26.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $18.05</font>, Hero calls $16.55

Flop: ($36.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Turn: ($36.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($36.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $36.35 ($1.80 Rake)

SB had 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Sevens full of Fives) and LOST (-$18.05)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Sevens full of Jacks) and WON (+$16.50)

LOL Reversesuckoutaments

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol, nice suckouts man

also, where are my shirts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 PM

$1k Sunday Million is just too far outside my BR to play, even if I satellite in. Anyone interested in a semi staking deal? I'll put up 20% of the buy-in, if I money it, buy-in refunded first then split excess 60/40 to you? If you don't know how my MTT game has transformed, don't ask; if you do, I'd like to play these, but I don't want anyone whose BR isn't properly sufficient.

If I FT tonight's $100k, I might treat myself ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 09:29 PM

I just played a full-table SNG where it only took 38 hands to get heads up and then heads-up took 94 more hands to decide it. Wierdest thing ever. Basically a maniac busted all 7 of the other guys and I just waited it out, then got to HU down about 11K to 2K and came all the way back.
Closed Thread