Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which has been JaBlue's most embarrassing OP to date?
The one where he almost throws a jar of piss at a car 1 2.17%
The one where he can't be bothered to go to a funeral even though it means a lot to his dad 28 60.87%
The one where he wants to let snakes loose in a theater 2 4.35%
The one where he tells his grandmother to go [censored] herself 13 28.26%
Other (please specify) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

If you don't think mischa barton is [censored] hot you are without a doubt gayer than kolo.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:29 PM

keyser,
i am still in school but i still do have alot of down time/free time. i must admit to not doing much during the day. but some free time stuff that i've been doing is:
-working out (or doing some cardio)
-reading (im sure you do plenty of this)
-playing video games (starcraft mainly)

some suggestions i would say is:
-take a class- painting, cooking, etc. plus you might be able to score some tail. plus it helps some life skills.
-play more games.
-cant really think of any more at the top of my head.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think mischa barton is [censored] hot you are without a doubt gayer than kolo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gays can still tell if a girl is hot or not
Old 09-13-2007, 06:37 PM

cool, thanks for suggestions everyone. I guess I'll add my own too... I'm really considering a world tour Dan Bitel style, but I'm apprehensive about traveling by myself. I don't know anyone with the money/time to go with me. Has anyone backpacked around alone and still had a good time?

I'm sure I could meet up with random 2p2'ers and make friends at hostels and stuff, but I'm still not sure.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cool, thanks for suggestions everyone. I guess I'll add my own too... I'm really considering a world tour Dan Bitel style, but I'm apprehensive about traveling by myself. I don't know anyone with the money/time to go with me. Has anyone backpacked around alone and still had a good time?

I'm sure I could meet up with random 2p2'ers and make friends at hostels and stuff, but I'm still not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I taught English in Osaka for a while, then backpacked through Korea and Malaysia. Now I'm in Berlin and deciding where to go next.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the opportunity you should take it, whether you have someone to go with you or not. Take it from me, once you enter the real world(ie. business) you life is no longer your own.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am in a similar situation. I am probably taking a year out from uni and plan on traveling a ton, it sucks because all of my mates are either still in uni or busto or both.

i'll go on my own if i have to, it would be a terrible thing to look back at 10 years time wishing that you went for it.

one of the great things about traveling is meeting new people anyway so it may get lonely/boring at times but the overall experience will be one you'll never forget
Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a tonne of people who think travelling solol is way better than going with a friend for the whole way.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:44 PM

keyser if you can wait a few years i'd be glad to join you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 PM

Keyser,
If I was to add anything to my schedule, it would be more sports/workout. I love to be in activity, and it pays off in so many ways. You feel better about yourself, you increase your stamina and generally feel on top of things. The periods of my life that I haven't worked out have always been exausting, falling asleep during the day, unfocused, worse self-esteem, running bad at poker and life. It's kind of a personality issue for me as well, when I work out I become more outgoing and happy - i like who i am and how I interact with others a lot more.

/emo workout talk

I'm a hobby freak, though, I need to do something new all the time, so I could easily come up with a handful of other hobbies I would love to devote myself to, if I only had the time: Photo, mountain climbing/hiking/rafting, sailing, rc airplanes, motocross/trial, Mini (<'70, lovely cars), politics, sound engineering etc. That's just off the top of my head.

I could also definately recommend starting to play an instrument, if you're into music. It's so much fun, and to me it gives a totally different appreciation of listening to music, as well. Whatever you do, just jump into it, having something to do and meeting people usually = good times.

Edit to add:
Definately go backpacking. The fact that you mention it probably means you've thought about it for at least a while, and you just need to get to it. I think travelling solo could be a great experience, not depending on anyone else - only companions I would consider is my gf or my best friend. You'll probably meet lots of people, and if you're not already an extrovert type, you'll get plenty of chances to improve your people skills. You just made me want to travel [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Go for it!
Closed Thread