Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you add to your tip after your co-victor out-tipped you?
Yes 2 4.08%
No 47 95.92%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August**

Sometimes I feel like the biggest donkey on FTP for not laying down the low end of 4 card straight. Its so bloody hard to fold a straight after you flop it.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:28 PM

I edited a few examples from HU match which I just played that was VERY standard.

About tilting... for some reason I can't help it multihanded, I believe tilt is responsible for most losing sessions. Biggest leak for me by far. Oddly enough I don't tilt head's up, heh.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:29 PM

There are days I tilt from one 60/40 suck outs, there are days I can take any number of two outers and have no reaction. Its weired [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I know for sure, should I myself make one significant mistake, say for half a BI, I better take a break immediately.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:55 PM

For the VAST majority of players, this CRUSHES their winrate. God knows it did mine for a while. But if you can find other outlets for your anger/hostility/fillintheblank that happens when you lose a hand OTHER THAN CAUSING YOU TO BE THE MONKEY, you'll win a ton more than you do.

Too many of you just shrug it off to "standard" losses, ie. you tilting is to be expected, and it's THE main reason you're still here in uNL.

Realize it, address it, remove it from yourself (at least regarding playing hands) and notice the difference.

I could care less if you do this or not, because, if you ever make it up to my neighborhood, it just helps out my personal winrate. But I feel I learned a lot here and feel like giving back.

Please admit that 99.9% of you do this and do something to remove it from your game. You'll be grateful you did!

Good luck fellas!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:48 AM

SFC you're so right and it kills me to think about the amount of money I've blown due to tilty play. I'd almost be rolled for 100nl right now if I hadn't had my two biggest tilt sessions, nevermind the fact that I would have been playing 50NL instead of the 25NL I've been stuck at.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:50 AM

POKERS A BITCH LOLOL

Saturday donks > me hard
Old 08-12-2007, 01:02 AM

well said felix
Old 08-12-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Too many of you just shrug it off to "standard" losses, ie. you tilting is to be expected, and it's THE main reason you're still here in uNL.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, this is me. I'm way overrolled for 10nl and just go on monkey tilt because I can afford it no problem, chase losses in HU or stud. I still increase BR 10% or so per month it'd be nice to see 25%+ which I think is clearly achievable. Up to a point where I can actually *gasp* cash out. Would be awesome to pocket a few hundred or more per month instead of keeping it all locked up and grinding away forever, yeah?

Just knowing this puts me on tilt.

That's only half joke.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:32 AM

how is my reraise size here? i normally do 4 times the original raise but with 2 callers, i need to charge more. 3x the pot is 1.95.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.34
<u>Hero (BB): $10.62</u>
UTG: $1.74
MP: $10.35
CO: $5.45
<u>BTN: $4.20</u>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.20</font>, BTN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.70</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $4.20</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50

Pot Size: $8.80 ($0.40 Rake)

BTN had 8 K and LOST (-$4.20)
Hero had K K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and WON (+$4.20)

only played like 150 hands tonight. my tables keep falling apart and im not getting cards. maybe i'll play a little bit more in a few hours.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:34 AM

I'd make it a tad smaller.. like 1.20
Closed Thread