Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/26

[ QUOTE ]
Have any of you caught "Mad Men" yet?
It's on AMC, Thursday's I think.

It's about the Advertising Execs on Madison Avenue in the 1950's. Thought it was pretty cool, I've just seen the first two episodes so far though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like it i think only 3-4 episodes have aired yet, so you havent missed much at all. I love they style of this show and the writing at times seems so witty.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 PM

I've caught one episode. It was pretty good, but it didn't grip me just yet.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:49 PM

So You Think You Can Dance

This show is just awesome tonight! I hope everyone is watching. Oh please tell me that someone is watching this with me tonight.

Pasha and Lacey - WoW WoW Wow [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] These two are ultra smooth. What a hip hop routine! I can't even find the words to say how impressed I am with both of these dancers. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Danny and Lauren - almost too much energy if you ask me. Mia's choreography takes some getting used to. If anything, I'd say they were a little too exuberant. Sweet ending though.

Neil and FG - I didn't like the choreography as much as I liked the other ones. I'd like to take this moment, however, to say that Neil has a really cute smile [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. And man is he limber! His acrobatic tricks are so cool.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Ok well I just watched Danny and Lauren do their second routine. Wow. That was hot. Their disco was much better, imo, than the first routine. The judges are saying it was a difficult routine too so that's cool. I have to say that Lauren looks positively hot tonight. This is going to be a very close competition.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 AM

Pasha drew Lacey? Luckbox [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'm stoked. I'll be sure to give a full report tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was watching a little bit of one episode before I knew what it was just because I was fascinated by the 50s-60s furniture and cars. Very cool look to that show. Thought it was interesting how much everyone was smoking. Even the women were chain smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my new favorite show.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 PM

OK, time to get caught up on SYTYCD. I might even finish last night's before the results airs so I can comment live.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Does Wookie Think You Can Dance, 8/8-8/9/2007

Well, Katy already warned me Pasha drew Lacey and would be going first with hip hop. I thought this was delightful, and I clearly underestimated Pasha's hip hop capability. He really needed to shine here, and he looked awesome. His movements were crisp and sharp. I loved loved loved the musicality here. I saw every note I heard. I really can't say enough about the characters here. This was an excellent job, and a great way to kick things off.

I guess everyone is getting to do their own solo here, too. Fro Girl kicked things off. She did a contemporary style that showed some great movement and flexibility, but it wasn't a style that really moves me as much. Still, I have to respect how she did here.

I said that Pasha and Lacey were strong, but really, every couple here is ridiculous. Lauren and Danny are still forces to be reckoned with. They got contemporary and disco. Man, Nigel almost burst an artery complimenting them. I liked it, but again, it's a style that doesn't really grab me. There was a lot of cool movement, but there was a lot of prancing about, too. I liked Pasha better, honestly, but that's mostly just my preference for the style.

Pasha again is showing increased versatility in his solos. He's mixed in a lot of modern movement in his latin stuff. His song choice worked well for him. He'll probably still have the weakest solo of the 3 guys, but he won't be outclassed here. Considering I never thought I'd say that about Pasha's solos, that's a high compliment.

Blonde Commodus and Fro Girl got jazz, which really isn't jazz. I loved the opening of this routine, esp. when BC did the plange over top of FG. I didn't so much like some of the stuff in the middle where they were just going around the table. It told the story, I suppose, but it wasn't as interesting in terms of the movement. It's so weird to put them third, but the standard is soooooo high now that I can't help but put them there.

Lauren got the next solo. To me, it looked a lot like FG, and I think FG had better movement and better use of the stage.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Pasha and Lacey did smooth waltz for their second routine. It was gorgeous. The choreography was extremely difficult, but they made it look so easy. Mary mentioned the "fall away slip pivot with spin and over spin." That step is really, really, really hard. I've done half of that step, and it took a lot of practice. The expression was amazing for a waltz, which is generally fairly stoic. Excellent job.

BC's solo was great, even if a lot of the movement didn't really hit anything in the music. Pasha had much better musicality, but I can't help but say that BC had the better dancing.

Man, Katy said she liked the disco, but for me, it was a dud. A lot of their partnering was really weak. Lauren didn't really commit to the death drop -- she went into it with a bent arm. Danny's leading through the first half wasn't there, either. His connection and frame looked like a gu who'd only taken a few lessons. It was hard, yes, but it wasn't that much harder than the waltz, and Pasha made it look so much easier.

Lacey's solo, well, she might not have had as much difficulty in her movement, but wow, did she ever ooze sex appeal. If I want to be objective, I guess I'd have a hard time calling this the best of the girl's routines. Still, it's the one I'd most want to watch again.

BC and FG's paso doble was good, but not epic. BC's hips weren't far enough forward, and his shoulders creep in. BC's shoulders creeping in were especially visible in the twist turns and the la pas. Still, their expression was good, although BC could stand to close his mouth sometimes. The ending to this routine was absolutely ridiculous. This was the best paso doble "crash" I'd ever seen. See, the song they were dancing to was "the" paso doble song. If you ever dance a paso doble in a competition, you'll dance to that song in at least one round. It always has the same cymbal crash and break in the music at the same point, so the dancers are expected to do something big and flashy there. BC and FG, uhh, yeah, they hit it.

Based on this, I think Pasha should stay, and while I hate to see either Danny or BC go, I think one of them should. I liked Pasha's couple's routines the best in each round, even if he did have the weakest solo technique. Still, I appreciate his musicality more than BC and Danny. I'm not sure who it'll be, and I'm pretty indifferent as to who I'd want cut. Danny's been in the bottom 3 more than once before, but he's dodged it when I thought he'd surely be down there last week. Taking his place down there was BC, so I think BC will be my pick to get the ax this week.

For the girls, man, I guess Lauren is my pick to leave. She's been towards the bottom while neither FG nor Lacey have been (excepting FG's stint in the bottom early w/ Dom). Honestly, I don't think Lacey was shown off by the couples' routines as much as Pasha was, but she still looked good. Lauren's solo was definitely not as good as FG's, and it's harder to compare her to Lacey, who went for a completely different look.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Blonde Commodus and Fro Girl got jazz, which really isn't jazz. I loved the opening of this routine, esp. when BC did the plange over top of FG. I didn't so much like some of the stuff in the middle where they were just going around the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

That plange was cool! Isn't BC awesome? I like his musicality mixed with his outrageous limberness. I mean the guy can jump ridiculously high, do the splits, all sorts of acrobatics and still manage to come out of it dancing with unbelievable gracefulness and passion. His style is just really unique if you ask me. I think all of us are willing to forgive his odd shoulder scrunching just to have the chance to watch him attempt his routines.

I agree about the table. The table was just a huge distraction for me.

All 3 of the men are ridiculously good. Pasha is like the consummate professional, never failing to deliver. He's like one of those Russian skaters who always gives a perfect routine.

Danny is also great with his leaps and ridiculous spins. Really incredible. The only thing about Danny is I feel he's slightly more stiff and serious than Pasha. Pasha is like a chameleon to me.

Blondie, well, he's got phenomenal leaps. Just outrageous. That guy is totally cool.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 PM

What about the girl's, Katy? Who's your favorite, and who do you think is leaving tonight?