Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 08:21 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: No Limit Hold \'em: Theory and Practice Q&A Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what's next, "Small Stakes Chinese Poker"?

No, "How to Lose a 3X Shirt" by Steamtroll

Have you lost weight? Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, but Steamtroll is another story.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:57 AM

Btw Ed, How about showing us the table of contents ?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM

Wow. It's pretty cool for an author to actually respond to his audience. That's part of what makes 2+2 great.

Thanks for the info, Ed. I will be waiting at the bookstore with my hard-earned cash to purchase your book along with HOH3 for my 2 week vacation to Europe in mid-June.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

So what's next, "Small Stakes Chinese Poker"?

No, "How to Lose a 3X Shirt" by Steamtroll

Have you lost weight? Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, but Steamtroll is another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steamtroll promised me a BR and lodging for Ceaser's Indiana. That bum.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw Ed, How about showing us the table of contents ?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll ask Mason if this is kosher.

Also, the May 2+2 magazine will feature another excerpt from the book, this one on a significantly more advanced topic than the one from the March magazine.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:43 AM

Ed,

How much of the book is dedicated to specific streets? Is there a river section? I would especially hope that there is at least much discussion of the turn.

Jared
Old 04-25-2006, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Acutally people's learning styles differ. Some people do better listening (even when the material is complicated) than reading. That's why some people suggested adapting Edward's DVDs for mp3/Ipod usage. Some people even learn best kinesthetically; that is, they need something hands on. Such people would learn best by sitting down with a deck of cards and physically playing out the examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaine had to remind me of this the other day, as I have no problem at all learning from books and sometimes forget that I'm not everyone.

I agree.. it would be nice to put some stuff out in other formats, though I don't think, from a business perspective, that it would be nearly as compelling as the book format.

If someone who does audio books who thinks there's ample money to be made putting 2+2 books onto tape comes to Mason with a reasonable offer, I'm sure he'd listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked in radio for over 10 years and believe I could do a decent job at an audio-version of 2+2 works.

I might record a reading of a couple pages and send it to you guys for your consideration.

The idea of audio-versions of 2+2 books has come up before and it seems there are quite a few 2+2'ers who are interested in this.

I'll get back to that stuff at a later date.

Like everyone else I'm VERY much looking forward to this book and can't wait to tackle some NL cash-games (which I have only awkwardly attempted a handful of times).

Also very interesting that Ed recommends NL for a beginner who wants to eventually become a pro.

I do believe this book could have something of an impact on the online NL games. There have to be other 2+2'ers like me who just don't feel comfortable enough in their NL abilities to even give it much of a try currently...but who will be encouraged to play significantly more NL after paging through the new book.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much of the book is dedicated to specific streets? Is there a river section? I would especially hope that there is at least much discussion of the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The book isn't organized the way you describe, but there's plenty of discussion of play on each street. There's a lot of emphasis on planning the hand and understanding how, for instance, turn plays depend on preflop, flop, and river plays, and on the stack sizes.

So while there's no "river section," there are a number of chapters and concepts throughout the book that focus on river play. Likewise for turn and other streets.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:02 AM

I agree with Bob. I've tried online NL, and I'm just not confident enough in my abilities to make the conversion from full ring limit. I know there is plenty of money to be made on the NL side. Hopefully this book will point me towards some of that loose cash.

Thanks for the work Ed.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed,

Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle once told me that the hand plays itself on fourth and fifth streets. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]