Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: My rebuttal to Mark Seif on RawVegas.TV

Seif in RL is a pretty big guy. I don't think he needs to worry too much unless he gets outnumbered. But I really don't condone violence. I've seen enough of it, and don't care for viewing any more of it.

And yes, in the earlier days of poker, people got shot/hanged for far less.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:11 PM

his part ownership does answer the question of why he just didn't quit as spokesman to salvage his reputation- he can't.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:17 PM

I never really though much about it when i first read this, but the concept that a site destroys its HH data is WAY more worrying to me than ANYTHING else that has come from this.

Seriously, this is like 10 times worse than someone using a superuser account to see hole cards.

This remind me of a film scene, im pretty sure it was Wall Street, where late at night a bunch of employs are sat around a shredder feeding files into it because of an investigation that was going on.

There is two ways to look at it, the cynic would say there is WAY more to this story than what has been shown so far and so they have destroyed evidence where people have used the 363 or similar to cheat. The optimist would say that the site is a heavily mismanaged company that is highly incompetant and has a systemicly failed to set up the systems required for such a company to operate effectively.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:19 PM

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

10/28/2007 11:01:36 PM EST
My Mood: Chip Leader
RawVegas Interview
I wanted to clear up some issues regarding my recent interview on RawVegas.tv.

I was quite surprised when I saw the interview because it was presented to the viewers as if I came in to present AP's side of the story. I never knew that nor did I agree to that. Nor did AP. I came in representing myself and speaking only on my behalf. I'll clear this up with the folks at RawVegas.tv. I'm sure it was unintentional. Probably a minor thing to them. Afterall, not EVERYONE is forced live and breathe this thing non-stop 24/7.

Based on some of the posts I've read, I think there is a substantial amount of confusion regarding my statement about Stars and Full Tilt. This is either due to me failing to be clear and/or poor editing. I don't remember.

I stated that this type of thing could happen at Stars or Tilt, because it can. Let me be clear. I think, actually, I KNOW, that Stars and Tilt are run by very ethical, highly reputable people. I have tremendous respect for the management at both sites. I play on both sites.

Having said that, its virtually impossible to ensure, in a company that has hundreds if not thousands of previous and existing employees, consultants, programmers etc. and dozens and dozens of high level managers both past and present, that there will NEVER ever be a security breach. It's just impossible to ensure against it. The liklihood is very low and there are countless measures to prevent such a breach. But it's naive to say that it could never happen.

So, if there is a breach, does that make the whole company bad? Perhaps. I'm not sure of the answer at this point.

Could the Company rehabilitate itself though? What if it tossed out the offenders, made reparations, and tried to shore up security to the best of its abilities? I'm not suggesting anything here. I'm just asking myself these questions at the moment and wanted to clear up this misunderstanding.

-- Mark Seif
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

10/28/2007 11:01:36 PM EST
My Mood: Chip Leader
RawVegas Interview
I wanted to clear up some issues regarding my recent interview on RawVegas.tv.

I was quite surprised when I saw the interview because it was presented to the viewers as if I came in to present AP's side of the story. I never knew that nor did I agree to that. Nor did AP. I came in representing myself and speaking only on my behalf. I'll clear this up with the folks at RawVegas.tv. I'm sure it was unintentional. Probably a minor thing to them. Afterall, not EVERYONE is forced live and breathe this thing non-stop 24/7.

Based on some of the posts I've read, I think there is a substantial amount of confusion regarding my statement about Stars and Full Tilt. This is either due to me failing to be clear and/or poor editing. I don't remember.

I stated that this type of thing could happen at Stars or Tilt, because it can. Let me be clear. I think, actually, I KNOW, that Stars and Tilt are run by very ethical, highly reputable people. I have tremendous respect for the management at both sites. I play on both sites.

Having said that, its virtually impossible to ensure, in a company that has hundreds if not thousands of previous and existing employees, consultants, programmers etc. and dozens and dozens of high level managers both past and present, that there will NEVER ever be a security breach. It's just impossible to ensure against it. The liklihood is very low and there are countless measures to prevent such a breach. But it's naive to say that it could never happen.

So, if there is a breach, does that make the whole company bad? Perhaps. I'm not sure of the answer at this point.

Could the Company rehabilitate itself though? What if it tossed out the offenders, made reparations, and tried to shore up security to the best of its abilities? I'm not suggesting anything here. I'm just asking myself these questions at the moment and wanted to clear up this misunderstanding.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, this guy really needs professional psychological help.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dan Druf, now that you are super famouse and all, can you reply to this post so I can have a sort of digital autograph to keep as a souvenier? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I believe your most impacting quote was "...and yet all the legal threats are saved for one of the victims."

[/ QUOTE ]

Replied AND quoted.

And yes, Mark's behavior is quite absurd when you consider the fact that he's going after one of the victims who lost over 15k in the scandal, rather than any of the perpetrators. That by itself speaks volumes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww shucks. I've now screen shotted that and placed it in my archives. I wish now I had written that better and avoided typos, but maybe those will add more authenticity (value) to this down the read [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. If you do another video (which I'd be looking forward to), I just ask that you be very careful on what you say. If something turns out to not be exactly 100% accurate, this may haunt you down the road through AP hired lawyers.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:36 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Don't you guys think that asking AP to have like a single hard drive is a little much?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:38 PM

great stuff...I want Absolute Poker to EXPLODE!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Did AP destroy ALL the HHs from that time frame or just the one that Seif allegedly cheated in?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:42 PM

they obviously have every hand ever played saved and on record...they are still covering up and playing themselves as victims.