FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]

oh how about the straw man you expertly constructed in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waht are you talking about for $500, Alex?

Seriously man, I can only answer cryptic nonsensical assertions with cryptic nonsensical answers.

1. Poster asserts that stars portrayed by media are not phony and are true men of character.
2. I relate an anecdote about a very relevant star that is excellent evidence to the contrary, and underlines the phoniness.
3. You get mad and think my anecdote was attempting to justify Bonds.

You're right about the strawman.....but you're wrong about who be constructing it right thurr. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Seriously, guy, I probably know you better from reading your last three posts than you know Bonds."

oh pls post your assessment. i could certainly use the free pcsychology. u know this [censored] goes for like 200/hr?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, unlike some folks, I don't rush to judgement in the abscence of enough information.

I just said I knew you better than you know Bonds....I don't pretend to think I know you well enough to form any concrete opinion.

I'll leave that type of assumption to you. I guess you'll just have to wait and read about yourself in SI to figure out what to think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

oh how about the straw man you expertly constructed in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waht are you talking about for $500, Alex?

Seriously man, I can only answer cryptic nonsensical assertions with cryptic nonsensical answers.

1. Poster asserts that stars portrayed by media are not phony and are true men of character.
2. I relate an anecdote about a very relevant star that is excellent evidence to the contrary, and underlines the phoniness.
3. You get mad and think my anecdote was attempting to justify Bonds.

You're right about the strawman.....but you're wrong about who be constructing it right thurr. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok ill take pointing out the obv for whatever red bean. how bout this? the relevance of your superstar doesnt matter at all in comparison to whether bonds is a prick or not.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but did aaron have a bitter departure? no. how many other recordbreakers were given this treatment and why would that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike most other superstars, Bonds still has insane value at the twilight of his career. Since the Giants are awful and need to rebuild, saving money they would use on Bonds and investing it into the future is the correct move.

edit - AND WHY DO YOU KEEP STATING IT WAS A BITTER DEPARTURE JESUS CHRIST I HATE YOU PEOPLE
Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it certainly seemd to me, at the time, to allege that aarons amp usage was systematic.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what happens when you try to use magic powers to read into things or make assumptions.

Unfortunately, more often than not, you may just end up wrong.

Let me explain a little about myself....I don't beat around the bush. I generally run right over it if I want to bring a point home.

If I had wanted to allege that Aaron's amphetamine use was systematic, I would have said "HEY GUYS, AARONS AMP USE WAS SYSTEMATIC."

There wouldn't be any need for assumption or interpretation. That's on your end, and out of my control, boss.

The thread was asserting that Bonds had admitted steroid use, which is false, and I countered that he hadn't and in fact, Aaron was the only one of the two on record as admitting PED use, which had been in the public view for 15 years, yet not a single media outlet bothered to mention the little detail despite championing him as "doing it the right way, free of drugs."

I sourced the fact with the book and page. I just don't know what else I can do there.....if I had actually said what you are claiming, then I'd agree you might have a point....but it's awfully ironic for you to call me disingenious at the same time you're misrepresenting what I said as something I didn't.

And sadly, it seems this isn't the first time you've done it.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, I feel he has pissed away winning a genetic lottery.

[/ QUOTE ]

My head just literally exploded. It's sort of a miracle that I can still type w/out it.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:29 AM

" sourced the fact with the book and page. I just don't know what else I can do there."

its real easy to avoid the misconception. you only have to add the word "once" to the end of your aaron assertions.

heres a sample. "aaron admitted to using performacne enhancers ONCE"

that way dumb ppl like myself arent confused.

edit to add: since you can read me so well as you indicated earlier, you should realize that ppl like myself will misinterpret what you had said.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

its real easy to avoid the misconception. you only have to add the word "once" to the end of your aaron assertions.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also real easy for you NOT to add three words "ongoing systematic use" to my assertions in your own mind as a result of your assumptions....when I never made that allegation.

And it should be especially easy not to call me disingenous as a result of your misrepresenting what I said when I didn't even say it.

I mean, jesus christ man, this isn't rocket science.

Just read the words I type, don't add onto them with your own, and if you do decide to do it, then don't get on my ass because you did so...when your main issue with what you claim I said is with the three words that YOU made up out of thin air.

Seriously man, just make a gimmick account called "Victor's Strawman" and get it over with already, the two of you can argue with yourself about whatever you decide to make up that I said when I didn't.

Let's clear this thread out for people who want to talk about shyte people actually said instead of the stuff they just yank out from their imaginations.

[ QUOTE ]

edit to add: since you can read me so well as you indicated earlier....

[/ QUOTE ]

edit to correct: sigh....here you go again...I never indicated such, hoss, I merely said I know you better than you know Bonds.....which admittedly both cases are next to zilch.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<snip>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention, Victor, that while Bonds may play left field, apparently you post from it, as I don't quite understand why you got such a bug up your ass about Aaron, amphetamines, or our discussion about it 2 months ago.

The OP was regarding Bonds supposedly being bitter, and you just sorta swooped in with "HEY MAN REDBEANS SAID AARON USE SYSTEMATIC ONGOINGS AMPS TWO MONTHS AGO! HA HA! I HATES THE BONDS! HA HA!"

I mean seriously, guy...are we cross? You'd tell me if we were, right?

Let me know....don't hold it in and let it fester. Let it out already.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:52 AM

ok, you assert many times in that thread that aaron admitted to using performance enhancers.

are we supposed to assume he used them once? or that he used them multiple times? or that he used them his whole career?

wtf am i supposed to believe? heres a question: someone says, "ya that dude doping/drinking/skateboarding/eating puzzey/playing poker." and thats all they say. do you assume they did it more than once?

im not smart. many have said that and you proly did at some point in time too. so, im being completely geniune when i say that the first few times i read thru that thread i thought u meant that aaron had used pe thruout his career.

hoss. boss. cheif (u missed that one dawg)

also, as far as strawman go, i thought ur anecdote about hte superstar was a strawman bc it really should have nothing to do with whether or not bonds is prick or not. i thought that was obv but ya know im dumb.