Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pick 1 WR
Randy Moss vs. AZ 4 66.67%
Lee Evans vs. NE 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Which HSP players could beat 5/10 NL online?

[X] internet poker = playing for peanuts
[X] internet poker is on the decline
[X} you would trade positions with any of these players in a heartbeat

The idea of beating 5/10 online is not a big deal to me, if you wanna get a into a pissing contest let me know.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 AM

Btw i think internet players are better than live players in general, I just don't think it matters for the reasons stated above.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:04 AM

just for the record: Eli plays 200/400 plo and 1k/2k limit on ftp from time to time so did barry at one point
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM

just greenstein and esfandiari. not sure why people think matusow and hellmuth would be winners. i believe mike has lost pretty solidly at 10/20 in the past. the others, lol.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 AM

Ive yet to see evidence that internet poker is on the decline. Sure the games are harder, but thats because sites like this are better. My housemate blames most of the current climate on Cardrunners, to one degree or another he is right.

Really? Internet play is playing for peanuts? Care to elaborate?

I average around 600 hands an hour online and 30 hands an hour is a really quick live game. You have to play 20 times as big (or make 20 times as much in winrate at the same stakes) live at the same earn rate per hundred hands.

Sure there are bigger live games, and there are juicier live games, but try and game select and multitable live like you can online.

Also, id rather 'trade position' with a truly great online player like durrrr, Jman or Aba. But thats mainly because i like money and would like to think im better than all live players on any given day.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from railing antonio on UB 2-3 years ago, I think he would crush online poker today. He would consistently crush 10-25 HU, vs anyone. I watched maybe 20-30 sessions of him playing HU, and he would pretty much go through opponents w/ ease, winning 5-8 buy ins in a session and then logging off.

Like every time. I had mad respect for him b/c of this. I cant recall what his image looks like on HSP though.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my favorite moments when moving up through stakes was beating Antonio for 3 buyins in a HU session. That being said he was a tough, aggressive player and probably better than me at the time. I definitely think he can beat 5/10 now, maybe 10/20, possibly even 25/50.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, id rather 'trade position' with a truly great online player like durrrr, Jman or Aba. But thats mainly because i like money and would like to think im better than all live players on any given day.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 Million a year from endsorment deals > 1 million a year playing online.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:40 AM

Elezra could probably be a marginal loser if he put his mind to it. Gold is a donk. Barry and Antonio would be big winners, no doubt whatsoever about that. Sammy, Phil and Mike are all interesting cases where they probably have the talent and understanding of poker to beat it but have other factors getting in the way. In sammys case purely that he has no motivation to beat it and would just go all-in all the time.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 Million a year from endsorment deals > 1 million a year playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which of the players on HSP make 3 million a year from endorsement deals? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 12:26 PM

I've played some HU vs Antonio, he was tough.

Barry if he cared could beat 5/10nl, the times I've played with him online he just never seemed to care at all and played every hand.

Mike could definitely beat 5/10nl.

Hellmuth I would guess would probably do alright if he tried. Don't have too much experience against him but he's v good at NLHE tourneys obv so if he just plays tight he'd be fine.