Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Why Is Only \"Micro Evolution\" Acceptable?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The true elites of this country have far more money than the Christians do. Lots more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this leading to where I think it's leading?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the WCW wrestling conspiracy. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The true elites of this country have far more money than the Christians do. Lots more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, who are these true elites?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the "true" folks have far more money. Sorry to disturb your persecution complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would disagree. The true elites of this country have far more money than the Christians do. Lots more. I don't consider it persecution, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those people are the same people, yo.

And what do the elites have to do with evolution? You think Donald Trump is out there trying to pull a fast one on you re: evolution?

And I'm not sure if you know what persecution means? But it sounds like thats exactly what you are describing.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you disputing that there is a war on Christianity in this country?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name a billionaire Christian?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 AM

you were able to "find out" that evolution is fatally contradicted by scientific evidence by listening to people who make a living teaching christians that they don't need to believe in evolution. so you came on here and declared that evolution is a myth, and in support of this position you link an extended lecture by a professional apologist. you act like your rejection of evolution is entirely intellectual, but now all we're talking about satan fooling evolutionary biologists and wars on christianity.

where were these dinosaurs found together with human remains? when? by whom? what do evolutionists say about it? does the guy in the video cite his sources? don't ask me to watch all that.

what about this water where there isn't supposed to be water? where is this? what does it have to do with evolution?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name a billionaire Christian?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but what's the point anyway?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you disputing that there is a war on Christianity in this country?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, no answering-a-question-with-a-question dodges. We can discuss this *after* you answer mine:

So, who are these true elites?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Christians believe that Satan is trying (through money, power, influence, fear, intimidation, etc.) to defraud the people into following him

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually find this to be a much more reasonable position than scientists being confused on all of the evidence.

I remember you saying before you would have "more later" about people who have money/power. I am very much interested to hear where you are going with this. You should start a thread about this topic...sounds like it could be very interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post struck a nerve. I once had a beer with theistic satanist (for some reason). Those guys basically believe Satan to be an encourager of knowledge, freedom (and some actually hold him as a patron of utopian anarchistic ideals).

I'm not saying I buy into this stuff ofcourse, I'm an atheist through and through. But what they are actually stating is that God lies and that Satan's rebellion was to free people from being mindless puppets. Obv. these guys are the 'good' satanists, as in they don't see him as evil.

It just struck a nerve, because if we're holding onto theistic absolutist ideals this one 'satan is trying to teach us' fits just as well as the 'satan is trying to delude us'...ie the amount of proof for both are the same, and hence from an rationalistic standpoint they both stand as equally (un)reasonable.

And to the christian theists, this post is not meant to offend. Think of it as a reverse of the argument you are feeding the atheists right now, and see how hard it is to argue against with only rationality and logic. It is actually an _unfair_ argument.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You come from the opposite viewpoint and don't look at the evidence that way for the same reason that neither of us are looking for extraterrestial droppings in our yards. We just don't believe it exists.

[/ QUOTE ]
This just isn't true though. The evidence you are providing is either faulty or does not logically lead to the conclusions you claim it does. If it did, I would accept it with no problems and I am sure other people on here would too. Is there something else I am missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the faith, obviously. As soon as you start to believe your logical circuit will be renormalized and you'll see everything in the new light.