Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the part where he did not do anything and was arrested. The part where he kept saying he would leave but they grabbed him anyway. I wish Kerry would have been forced to give a full answer to some legit questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
The guy wasn't really asking questions, he was ranting on and on till they turned his mic off. Then he continued shouting and the police started to remove him, which he physically resisted.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was asking a really good question until the skull and bones nonsense. I think the cops over-acted at first, then he was out of control and the entire thing compounded itself. I really wanted to hear what Kerry would have said the first question.

[/ QUOTE ]

OT, but I dont know if I really think that the skull and bones is necessarily nonsense, I was listening to a radio program about skull and bones/bilderberger group today, and while I dont think there is an evil agenda, its pretty interesting that all these powerful people are homogenized by these types of groups

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not saying that type of behavior is not possible. But he should have just let it at a single question. It would have stumped the hell out of Kerry and he could have gotten what he wanted. Or maybe he is crazy.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
K. M-26 Advanced TASER (a.k.a. Air Taser, TASER, M-26):
1. The TASER is deployed as an additional police tool and is not intended to replace firearms or self-defense techniques. The TASER may be used to control a dangerous or violent subject when deadly force does not appear to be justified and/or necessary; or attempts to subdue the subject by other conventional tactics have been, or will likely be, ineffective in the situation at hand; or there is reasonable expectation that it will be unsafe for officers to approach within contact range of the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
University of Texas procedure

[/ QUOTE ]

Conventional tactics would have been extremely effective. You have 4-6 cops RIGHT THERE DOING NOTHING. The guy was already face down on the floor, 2-3 cops would have been enough to get the cuffs on. Have you ever watched Cops? One officer is able to detain people resisting way more than a skinny dude twisting to lift his head. How can you not possibly conceive that one officer can hold his shoulders down with a knee, two officers holding each of his arms, one on his legs, and one applying the cuffs? Also, that wouldn't have even been NECESSARY. Two officers could have applied cuffs to the tard if they used just a little bit of physical force instead of trying to threaten him.

I'm not doubting that he resisted arrest, he was resisting arrest the whole time he was in the aisle. I just think it's laughable that you think it's impossible for 4-6 cops to put handcuffs on a guy. Also, now that the cops were almost as retarded as the guy, he will be able to walk free and will surely threaten to sue.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not doubting that he resisted arrest, he was resisting arrest the whole time he was in the aisle. I just think it's laughable that you think it's impossible for 4-6 cops to put handcuffs on a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one's ever said it would be impossible. I'm sure given enough time they could have gotten him into handcuffs and out of there. The taser expedites things so they don't have to play his little game. Notice that moments after he's tased, he's in cuffs and being lifted out of there. The videos are clear. They tried the conventional way and he decided to make it difficult. Once the taser was used, the cops got what they wanted instantly and no lasting harm was done. So, really what's the problem?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1. The TASER is deployed as an additional police tool and is not intended to replace firearms or self-defense techniques. The TASER may be used to control a dangerous or violent subject when deadly force does not appear to be justified and/or necessary; or attempts to subdue the subject by other conventional tactics have been, or will likely be, ineffective in the situation at hand; or there is reasonable expectation that it will be unsafe for officers to approach within contact range of the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Conventional tactics would have been extremely effective. You have 4-6 cops RIGHT THERE DOING NOTHING. The guy was already face down on the floor, 2-3 cops would have been enough to get the cuffs on. Have you ever watched Cops? One officer is able to detain people resisting way more than a skinny dude twisting to lift his head. How can you not possibly conceive that one officer can hold his shoulders down with a knee, two officers holding each of his arms, one on his legs, and one applying the cuffs? Also, that wouldn't have even been NECESSARY. Two officers could have applied cuffs to the tard if they used just a little bit of physical force instead of trying to threaten him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like you aren't reading the bolded section right. If attempts to subdue using conventional means (i.e. handcuffs and a little arm twisting) have been ineffective (which it clearly was as he pulled his arm away) then the taser is appropriate. The standard isn't have been AND are unlikely to be it is have been OR is unlikely to be effective.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not doubting that he resisted arrest, he was resisting arrest the whole time he was in the aisle. I just think it's laughable that you think it's impossible for 4-6 cops to put handcuffs on a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one's ever said it would be impossible. I'm sure given enough time they could have gotten him into handcuffs and out of there. The taser expedites things so they don't have to play his little game. Notice that moments after he's tased, he's in cuffs and being lifted out of there. The videos are clear. They tried the conventional way and he decided to make it difficult. Once the taser was used, the cops got what they wanted instantly and no lasting harm was done. So, really what's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say tasering played into his game. They didn't try the conventional way, they just asked him to place his hands behind his back.... again- how can you imagine that fool getting his arms free vs. 4 cops that actually TRY (with force) to put the cuffs on him and not THREATEN to put the cuffs on?

It would have been faster and caused less of an ordeal. It also wouldn't have let the punk garner all this attention.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like you aren't reading the bolded section right. If attempts to subdue using conventional means (i.e. handcuffs and a little arm twisting) have been ineffective (which it clearly was as he pulled his arm away) then the taser is appropriate. The standard isn't have been AND are unlikely to be it is have been OR is unlikely to be effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I read it perfectly fine. I think you didn't read my message right.

The cops didn't actually make a solid attempt to get him in handcuffs. They basically sat on him and wanted the guy to put himself in handcuffs... do you think the cops on the street use their taser 100% of the time they put cuffs on someone or that 100% of those arrested cooperate fully with the officers? Also, as I said earlier, it's the officers' duty to be effective. If the procedure to turn to live ammunition is "TASER IS INEFFECTIVE," I sure as hell hope that the officer doesn't point the taser in the air, miss on purpose, and then pull out the real gun.

Everyone is acting like he was a 7' dude on a roid rage while the officers weighed less than 100lbs collectively. I'm pretty sure the guy couldn't bench ONE of fat officers, let alone 3, so it's obvious they weren't using any force.

Oh, and just because "procedure" states it legal doesn't mean it's right IN MY OPINION. I do believe I'm entitled to that...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They didn't try the conventional way, they just asked him to place his hands behind his back....

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly you made your mind up before even watching the video (assuming you did). The video proves that they tried to cuff him and he resisted. According to the procedures outlined at other universities, using a taser was appropriate in this instance. Now you can stamp your feet and stick your fingers in your ears and say the officers should have spent 20 minutes fighting this guy. But the fact of the matter is that the tasering took 10 seconds tops to go from full resistance to him in cuffs and much more compliant.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They didn't try the conventional way, they just asked him to place his hands behind his back....

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly you made your mind up before even watching the video (assuming you did). The video proves that they tried to cuff him and he resisted. According to the procedures outlined at other universities, using a taser was appropriate in this instance. Now you can stamp your feet and stick your fingers in your ears and say the officers should have spent 20 minutes fighting this guy. But the fact of the matter is that the tasering took 10 seconds tops to go from full resistance to him in cuffs and much more compliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you haven't read a word I've typed. Go ahead and keep ignoring everything I've written. Yes, they "TRIED" (have you seriously watched the video? You can call that an effort?) to put him in cuffs, but in reality- if they wanted him in cuffs they could have gotten him in cuffs quicker than it took for them to pull out a taser gun, threaten, and then fire. At the same time, this would have prevented the crowd from going to "lollerskates, that dude is an idiot" to "OHHHHHHHHHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD STOP IT," officers being investigated, letting the douche (probably) walk free, and a (probable) lawsuit.

and once again... HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY IMAGINE IT TAKING 20 MINUTES TO PUT HIM IN HANDCUFFS?! You are certainly bent on procedures and some imaginary world where a skinny college dude is a super-human. Take your nose out of the little rulebooks around the world and open your eyes. You can point to as many procedures as you want, but this situation has garnered so much press because of the way it was poorly handled.

I don't imagine you'll read this anyways, you'll just quote some sentence I poorly typed and get satisfaction out of that.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly you haven't read a word I've typed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I have. The idiocy of it is making my head hurt.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they "TRIED" (have you seriously watched the video? You can call that an effort?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I've watched no less than 4 different angles from start to finish.

[ QUOTE ]
if they wanted him in cuffs they could have gotten him in cuffs quicker than it took for them to pull out a taser gun, threaten, and then fire.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm sure the cops had nothing better to do then dick around and not really try to restrain this guy in front of a hundred people, cameras, and a former senator just so they could bust out the taser. Stop being ridiculous. In most of the videos you can see two cops holding one of his arms as they try to cuff him and he continues fighting. You can pretend that you're so badass that you'd have cuffed him all by yourself with one hand behind your back all you want. No one's buying it.

[ QUOTE ]
At the same time, this would have prevented the crowd from going to "lollerskates, that dude is an idiot" to "OHHHHHHHHHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD STOP IT," officers being investigated, letting the douche (probably) walk free, and a (probable) lawsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those people would have done the exact same thing because they think they're fighting oppression and The Man and sticking up for "free speech". This guy may walk because the university wimps out and doesn't press charges, but no way does he win any sort of lawsuit.

[ QUOTE ]
You are certainly bent on procedures and some imaginary world where a skinny college dude is a super-human.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no need for superhuman strength. I'm fairly confident that I could resist 2-3 people trying to physically restrain me for at least a minute if not longer and I'm not particularly strong. I can't resist a taser.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 AM

Those people would have done the exact same thing? UHHH, WRONG. Watch again... not sure what clip it is but you can see some faces in the crowd, including a black guy who's smiling at the whole ordeal, while there are zero outrageous yells. It's only as they taser him that people start shouting and screaming like he's being raped, getting out of their seats, etc. Same thing with the UCLA [censored]... if the police just drag him the extra 5 feet needed instead of tasering him, you don't have a HUGE issue. OH NOEZ, POLICE OFFICERS HAVE TO WORK!!~ We should all pity them for being forced into such a job! You're whole conspiracy of "fighting the man" and sticking up for "free speech" is BS.

But yeah, I love how you go from 20+ minutes of fighting over 4 officers to resisting 2-3 officers for a minute. What's going to happen in your imaginary world next?