Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Ever think about who we assasinate?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But what is there to win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Power

edit: which I understand that in some peoples minds power isnt any type of prize, but in mine it is something to strive for

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are looking for power over me and others in this forum. That seems very unnatural to me. Have you tried another strategy: cooperation? That way we can all benefit.

That is what I am trying to do now btw. I am trying to show you a different strategy, because in turn, it can help me and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I dont really care about this forum, I care about real life, habits from real life just tend to carry over for me. This forum is an exercise in masturbation for everyone posting, because in all reality it means absolutely nothing, but I can hone some applicable life skills, and once in awhile I do learn some things from the odd poster or two.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, reading up on Bobby Kennedy a bit more, this was truly a great man, MUCH better than his brother.

After the assassination of President Kennedy, Robert Kennedy undertook a 1966 tour of South Africa in which he championed the cause of the anti-Apartheid movement. The tour was greeted with international praise at a time when few politicians dared to entangle themselves in the politics of South Africa. Kennedy spoke out against the oppression of the native population and was welcomed by the black population as though a visiting head of state. In an interview with LOOK Magazine he had this to say:

"At the University of Natal in Durban, I was told the church to which most of the white population belongs teaches apartheid as a moral necessity. A questioner declared that few churches allow black Africans to pray with the white because the Bible says that is the way it should be, because God created Negroes to serve. 'But suppose God is black', I replied. 'What if we go to Heaven and we, all our lives, have treated the Negro as an inferior, and God is there, and we look up and He is not white? What then is our response?' There was no answer. Only silence."

In June 1966, Kennedy visited apartheid-ruled South Africa accompanied by his wife, Ethel Kennedy, and a small number of aides. At the University of Cape Town he delivered the Annual Day of Affirmation Speech. A quote from this address appears on his gravestone at Arlington National Cemetery. ("Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope....")[14]

About his platform when running for Pres: "Kennedy stood on a ticket of racial and economic justice, non-aggression in foreign policy, decentralization of power and social improvement. A crucial element to his campaign was an engagement with the young, whom he identified as being the future of a reinvigorated American society based on partnership and equality."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a prime candidate for the bankers/black ops to assassinate.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Power

edit: which I understand that in some peoples minds power isnt any type of prize, but in mine it is something to strive for

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are looking for power over me and others in this forum. That seems very unnatural to me. Have you tried another strategy: cooperation? That way we can all benefit.

That is what I am trying to do now btw. I am trying to show you a different strategy, because in turn, it can help me and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I dont really care about this forum, I care about real life, habits from real life just tend to carry over for me. This forum is an exercise in masturbation for everyone posting, because in all reality it means absolutely nothing, but I can hone some applicable life skills, and once in awhile I do learn some things from the odd poster or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you say cooperation is helpful in 'real life'?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Power

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you say cooperation is helpful in 'real life'?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, obv, of course, but not usually as it pertains to a bully, and on an unrelated note, I find the guise of co-operation works much more effectively to achieving a particular goal than anything else.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your personal attacks against me are shameful, and do a lot to expose how insecure you are when talking about things like politics and philosophy. If you had points to contribute, you'd make them, instead of flying into hysterical fits of name calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this thread should have been titled "Ever think about how people who are assassinated are then glorified retroactively?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread winner.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought neilso was british, from an earlier post (if not, I apologize)

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. "Speaks english, but sounds funny" = "british"
Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think bullying needs to be done once in awhile, and I never said bullying is always bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel it needs to be done? What is it's purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a child of Sicilian immigrant parents, I was taught that the best way to stand up to a bully is a good smack in the mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with bullying not being always bad?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought neilso was british, from an earlier post (if not, I apologize)

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. "Speaks english, but sounds funny" = "british"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a voice plugin for firefox that lets you guys all hear eachother speak? can I d/l this somewhere?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think bullying needs to be done once in awhile, and I never said bullying is always bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel it needs to be done? What is it's purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a child of Sicilian immigrant parents, I was taught that the best way to stand up to a bully is a good smack in the mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with bullying not being always bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont see this as bullying a bully?