Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: The Mike Vick case... am I a life nit?

Drew, When an intruder breaks in during the middle of the night and brutally rapes anyone, yes it is despicable and turns my stomach. That person should be put away for a long time. Is it worse than killing an innocent dog? Yes it is.

When I watch clips of dogfighting or listen to the details of the Vick case, my stomach also turns. Maybe I'm wrong, or its just me, but it seems to me that anyone capable of brutalizing animals is also capable of brutalizing humans. Its the coldheartedness and disregard for another living being that really bothers me.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:48 PM

that kind of brutal, aggravated rape is 1st degree rape and gets you 25-life. What about a girl you're with passes out and you have sex with her then, or you're both really wasted, she complies at the time, then she wakes up then says she got raped? Are those both worse than torturing and killing dogs?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM

listen, all of you mongoloids. the point is not to differentiate between different levels of cruel, inhuman, unacceptable conduct. that is an utterly useless exercise.

the point is that the kind of brutality one sees in animal torture, rape of people, murder, etc is extremely disturbing and evil. what makes the act scary and sinister is not its object - be it any living thing - but the capacity and willingness to commit it in the first place, which speaks volumes about the perpetrator's character, values and capabilities.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:58 PM

Blarg?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
listen, all of you mongoloids. the point is not to differentiate between different levels of cruel, inhuman, unacceptable conduct. that is an utterly useless exercise.

the point is that the kind of brutality one sees in animal torture, rape of people, murder, etc is extremely disturbing and evil. what makes the act scary and sinister is not its object - be it any living thing - but the capacity and willingness to commit it in the first place, which speaks volumes about the perpetrator's character, values and capabilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you, thats what I've been trying to say
Old 08-20-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's worse to rape one woman than to torture and kill all the dogs on earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely disagree, 100%

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't disagree with any of that, except the part about me being a mongoloid. I agree that a person who enjoys watching dogs kill each other is a sick individual and has the kind of depraved, indifferent heart that you might find in a rapist or murderer of people.

But the law punishes the crime committed, not the evil in men's hearts. And at the end of the day, it was dogs that were killed, not people. I believe the penalties should not be as great as for a person who injures/rapes/assaults people, because a dog is not a person.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drew, When an intruder breaks in during the middle of the night and brutally rapes anyone, yes it is despicable and turns my stomach. That person should be put away for a long time. Is it worse than killing an innocent dog? Yes it is.

When I watch clips of dogfighting or listen to the details of the Vick case, my stomach also turns. Maybe I'm wrong, or its just me, but it seems to me that anyone capable of brutalizing animals is also capable of brutalizing humans. Its the coldheartedness and disregard for another living being that really bothers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Vick didn't brutalize a human--should he be punished as if he did? Of course not. We punish what a man did, not what he's capable of.

Of course it's bothersome, disgusting, etc. But it's still JUST A DOG.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't disagree with any of that, except the part about me being a mongoloid. I agree that a person who enjoys watching dogs kill each other is a sick individual and has the kind of depraved, indifferent heart that you might find in a rapist or murderer of people.

But the law punishes the crime committed, not the evil in men's hearts. And at the end of the day, it was dogs that were killed, not people. I believe the penalties should not be as great as for a person who injures/rapes/assaults people, because a dog is not a person.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well they're not as severe. A dog is not a person, yet this happening to dogs evokes a great, if not greater, emotional response than if it had been a person. I think this is what's most interesting about this whole situation, but I don't find it difficult to understand.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But Vick didn't brutalize a human--should he be punished as if he did? Of course not. We punish what a man did, not what he's capable of.

Of course it's bothersome, disgusting, etc. But it's still JUST A DOG.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sentence would you give Vick, if any?