Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Superbad rocks

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW TT, a big part of this movie is that the male leads are comfortable enough in their sexuality to make dick jokes and talk about loving eachother without being gay. I feel like anybody who watches it and then goes "THAT'S GAY" kinda got leveled hardcore by the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good way of putting it.

I can just see lots of people watching the sleeping bag scene and being like, "whoa, wait a minute, this is getting pretty gay, wtf is going on?"
Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 PM

The movie should have ended with the "I love you man" scene. I feel like the powers in Hollywood forced a Hollywood ending onto the script where the losers have to get the girls in the end. It would have been better if they left out the cheesy hollywood ending.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The movie should have ended with the "I love you man" scene. I feel like the powers in Hollywood forced a Hollywood ending onto the script where the losers have to get the girls in the end. It would have been better if they left out the cheesy hollywood ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...

If you actually watched the movie, the losers had the girls at the START OF THE [censored] MOVIE. They just didn't know it.

The point of the ending was them being comfortable being apart. That's like a really important piece to the whole development of things.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:55 PM

Yes, I know, but it would have been better if they had been sorely disappointed. Obviously it had to end the way it did. The ending wasn't funny, and basically you knew the whole time it would end that way.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:00 PM

but it would have been better if they had been sorely disappointed.

No it wouldn't. This wasn't Requiem for a Dream, it's a coming of age movie for Christ's sake.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know, but it would have been better if they had been sorely disappointed. Obviously it had to end the way it did. The ending wasn't funny, and basically you knew the whole time it would end that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

the ending wasnt funny? some of the funniest part where of them deciding to how leave each other...i think the theatre got the biggest laugh out of "i have your information"....
Old 08-24-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but it would have been better if they had been sorely disappointed.

No it wouldn't. This wasn't Requiem for a Dream, it's a coming of age movie for Christ's sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now picturing the 2 male leads going ass to ass and really upset that my brain would do this to me. [censored] YOU BRAIN YOU ARE NOT HELPING ONE BIT.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i guess im the only one who was super disappointed in this movie.

i laughed a lot (i was as high as can be) and it was funny... but i was expecting greatness. it was amusing but i cant imagine this being a classic/im going to see this a bunch and then buy the dvd watch it ten times in a month.

i dunno, i was letdown and i thought it was pretty repetitive and predictable.

maybe im getting old.

(i still thought it was funny, probably one of the funnier movies ill see this year, but no classic. and i think cera is hilarious. meh, maybe my expectations were way too high)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You nailed my feelings about this movie on the head.

A couple of other thoughts:

* As TT mentions, way too much confused-sexual-orientation humor (or just confusion?).

* When a movie gets the praise this one did I am far more likely to be disappointed. Best movies I have seen are the ones where I have entered the theater with no idea what to expect.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW TT, a big part of this movie is that the male leads are comfortable enough in their sexuality to make dick jokes and talk about loving eachother without being gay. I feel like anybody who watches it and then goes "THAT'S GAY" kinda got leveled hardcore by the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good way of putting it.

I can just see lots of people watching the sleeping bag scene and being like, "whoa, wait a minute, this is getting pretty gay, wtf is going on?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Any time I see my friend now, I poke him on the face and say "boop"
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM

40 year old virgin >> superbad >>>>>>>> knocked up

btw, am i cracking up, or was the line "sounds like a sexy hamburger" left on the cutting room floor?