Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just ru

people who think this OP boils down to liberal vs conservative politics are being silly imo.

i have never voted for a democrat in my life, and i am almost certain i never will. i am definitely not what most people would call a liberal.

i am whole heartedly in the cops-are-abusing-their-power camp.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just run em

[ QUOTE ]
Ok let's hate on them for blowing a read light for no apparent reason. Lets show them no respect at all.

Oh but wait... two masked men just ran into my work! "PLEASE HELP ME!!!! SOMEONE CALL 911!!! I NEED HELP!!!".

Who cares if they blow a red light and speed once in awhile?

Oh and when you said he put his lights and sirens on and then turned them off after the intersection, someone else did not respond. Lights and sirens is "Code 3". If you're in code three, than you gotta be there quick.

So please stop bashing the police. I intend to become a Chicago Police Officer in the near future.

KTHNXBYE.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem like the right kind of material to become a cop.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:09 PM

definitely. low iq, little boy, probably beat up a lot in school and now wants to get back at the bullies.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 PM

John Spartan/Dead,

Of the amount of your 258 posts I've read, not a single one has had any value in it whatsoever except to call other posters names or make some kind of lame, half-baked, baseless "argument".

How the hell have you not been re-banned yet? You sucked as Dead, and surprisingly, you suck harder with this gimmick.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edge is just your basic midwestern republican college student who proudly still supports bush and the war in iraq and has nothing of value to contribute to any reasonable political discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from being of questionable accuracy, I provide this post as evidence of my post above. You should thank every mod on 2p2 for not IP-banning your ass with personal attacks like this.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 PM

Using lights/siren to avoid red light etc.. then turning them off does not mean he/she is being a douche. Could be an incident that requires quick attention but not a code 3 response.
Funny thing is, all the people who say "f--- the police" are the first ones to complain when something happens to them and an officer isnt there code 3 with the tac team in tow within 5 minutes.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Using lights/siren to avoid red light etc.. then turning them off does not mean he/she is being a douche. Could be an incident that requires quick attention but not a code 3 response.
Funny thing is, all the people who say "f--- the police" are the first ones to complain when something happens to them and an officer isnt there code 3 with the tac team in tow within 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never called the cops for help, but if they were incompetent I wouldn't have any qualms about complaining about it. Not sure how its hypocritical in any fashion to complain about cops abusing their power AND for being incompetent(I don't really think they are incompetent, at least not in my neighborhood, so I don't think I'd get the chance to complain about that).
Old 07-26-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its funny how stupid people think this is a strange or even hypocritical phenomenon.

People with high standards are more likely to complain when their standards aren't met, also its more likely that their standards won't be met. ZOMG i just cracked the case!

(i am not a 'f--- the police' type, but i definitely don't give them undo respect or turn a blind eye to a cop's misdeeds)
Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just run em

I dont know why everyone is so angry about this. There are different level's of response for different type's of 911 call's. Im sure that there is some abuse that happen's but know this. If they are not responding to a call and use their lights and siren;s to bust a n intersection and get in a wreck, therie ass is grass. They would get the [censored] sued out of the Dept. and lose thier jobs and who ever got hit would be rich.

I agree that most cops are jerk's but for god's sake look at the people they have to deal with. But here's the kicker. They have the gun's so if they want to run red lights all day long their's not much anyone can do. More power to them long as they accept the responsibility and consequences that come with it.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But here's the kicker. They have the gun's so if they want to run red lights all day long their's not much anyone can do.

[/ QUOTE ]
And we have the laws, which cops are required to abide by. The people pay their salary.

[ QUOTE ]
More power to them long as they accept the responsibility and consequences that come with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't. The big blue wall comes up. Cops have killed people in cold blood on camera and walked away with the help of their buddies.