Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Annette plays $4.40 180 blind... and wins.

Also, I'll lay you 3:1 that CC, after a careful read of this thread, will agree with grando and I that you are a tard. Interested?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:51 PM

sry i stopped reading this thread a long time ago, if someone can PM me with the tl;dr part of what is going on, i'd appreciate it, thx
Old 07-22-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sry i stopped reading this thread a long time ago, if someone can PM me with the tl;dr part of what is going on, i'd appreciate it, thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not worth it. Play isn't interested in propping, just in demonstrating his noobishness.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I realize you probably know him and you don't know me, but if you do me the solid of rereading that part of the thread I think maybe you will see my point. Maybe not, but I would appreciate it. I think you will see that what you and he were saying was very different.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok but wait til im sober

i couldve swore i did reread it before i joined the fray and was pretty sure grando and i are on the same page

it seems like a semantic misunderstanding
Old 07-22-2007, 10:55 PM

When my buddy told me about this, the first time I said was BS. Now that I have seen it I think it is pretty amazing. She admits to looking once (hand 47) and I would bet she looked for 213 and 235 also. Other than that she sucks out some but not worse than 70/30. It is a brilliant example of position play and how the LAG approach works. She bets when people show weakness. Of course, she got lucky some. So what. I would argue that anyone who won this or any 180 sng would have to get lucky some. The point is she won using much MORE skill than normal as she could not rely on catching cards except for the few times she was allin (she was only allin maybe 8 times out of 343 hands). She won 90% of her chips using position. Its a thing of beauty!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I realize you probably know him and you don't know me, but if you do me the solid of rereading that part of the thread I think maybe you will see my point. Maybe not, but I would appreciate it. I think you will see that what you and he were saying was very different.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok but wait til im sober

i couldve swore i did reread it before i joined the fray and was pretty sure grando and i are on the same page

it seems like a semantic misunderstanding

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, Chump. I appreciate the courtesy.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not worth it. Play isn't interested in propping, just in demonstrating his noobishness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grando's post early in the thread:

"blind as in not looking at her cards?

that doesn't seem too amazing "

"how is this sick?!? [censored] 95% of low limit donkaments are just waiting to push any 2 cards to steal blinds "

"like I said it doesn't really matter

if it was a deepstacked, higher limit tourney then I'd be a little impressed

but I'm sure that I could win a $4 180 without looking at my cards

I don't think you even understand how little the cards matter when you're playing idiots that fold way too much in their BB "

So I don't know the personalities involved at all.

All I know is that a bunch of people wanted to think this was pretty hard to do, luck or not, and others just naturally want to be cooler than that by claiming they could do it.

Every single thread about someone accomplishing anything that I have read in these forums has someone that comes in and says it was nothing. Every single one.

In this thread it was Grando.

(Chump, if you are rereading this thread in the morning, please note that Grando is actually saying the opposite of you... he's not arguing that it takes luck, he is arguing that his skill could do it, because they are idiots that FOLD)

So Grando basically says it's easy, and I say put your money up... suddenly he wants 5000-1 - why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT EASY.

It's not a semantic discussion, it's someone trying to be too cool for school. And objecting when they get called out.

I am getting gang-tackled in this thread because you know him and not me.

But I guarantee you that if the situation were reversed you, in particular, would have the reverse position.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 PM

LOL you are doing the exact same thing you are accusing grando of doing. You are coming in here and ripping on grando and are unwilling to put your money where your mouth is. You offered to bet him, and then all of a sudden you want 1:1 odds and refuse to negotiate. Do you see the irony here?

In BBV there are ways of settling differences and winning arguments. They are called GAMBOOLING and grudgematches. Someone makes a claim, you disagree, you find a price, you make them pay. That you are unwilling to do this shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Grando was being a cocky punk about the accomplishment. Fine. So punish him. Negotiate an unfair price from him, and take his money. Or shame him into shutting the [censored] up. Its easy. You think her accomplishment is so amazing, he thinks its less amazing, THIS IS THE PERFECT MATERIAL FOR A PROP BET. We find out which one of you is right by setting a line and betting on it.

Or you could just keep rambling on and demonstrating you have no idea what you are talking about. I personally wouldn't miss a chance to pwn grando and make him shut his muppety mouth.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I presume that this troll thinks that annette will take an even money bet of her doing it again right?

if annette takes 1:1 odds on her doing it again (for a significant amount of money), and wins again, I would be quite impressed

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would be shocked if she did. It would be really stupid of her to claim she was "sure" she could do it again.

Right?

I'm sure you can see why she wouldn't make that claim.

2. Troll? You come into this thread to minimize the brag of the OP and make ridiculous claims... yet you think you are not the only troll here?

People don't need to go in every thread and try to make themselves look better by minimizing the accomplishments of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its definitely not a level, because this isn't even trying to be funny. Too much angst. This is pocketfives for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half right. No leveling. But also no angst. Also no pocketfives.

So I guess you are 1/3 right.

So I guess it's safe to change the original claim to "not at all sure I could do it so i'd better get 5000-1 odds."?

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand that some things are more or less likely than 50/50 right? And that it is still possible to wager on these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're Grover's bff, or what the deal is, but you seem to be missing the point.

Everything you post supports what I'm saying. Of course there are things that are not 50/50.

Some things are so incredibly hard that someone might demand 5000-1 odds to try?

See it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, you are the one who doesn't see it. When grando said he could do it, it was IMMEDIATELY obvious to everyone who gambles that he didn't mean he could do it every single time, or even more often than half the time. Thats what gambling is. I feel like I'm explaining this to an 8 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Let me simplify it for you.

You and Grando can be B.

A - Wow. someone did this thing, really hard to do!

B - Bah. I'm sure I could that. So much easier to do than people think.

C - Ok, I'll take that bet.

B - I need 5,000-1 odds.

C - Why?

B - It's a really hard thing to do.

Does that help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the problem is, this synopsis is perfectly reasonable. So much easier than people think does not mean 1 in 2 chances. And "I'll take that bet" does not mean "I'm assuming you are offering 1:1 on this lets set it up."

Fix those leaks in your post-reading game and you might be a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but . . .

HER?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I presume that this troll thinks that annette will take an even money bet of her doing it again right?

if annette takes 1:1 odds on her doing it again (for a significant amount of money), and wins again, I would be quite impressed

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would be shocked if she did. It would be really stupid of her to claim she was "sure" she could do it again.

Right?

I'm sure you can see why she wouldn't make that claim.

2. Troll? You come into this thread to minimize the brag of the OP and make ridiculous claims... yet you think you are not the only troll here?

People don't need to go in every thread and try to make themselves look better by minimizing the accomplishments of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its definitely not a level, because this isn't even trying to be funny. Too much angst. This is pocketfives for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half right. No leveling. But also no angst. Also no pocketfives.

So I guess you are 1/3 right.

So I guess it's safe to change the original claim to "not at all sure I could do it so i'd better get 5000-1 odds."?

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand that some things are more or less likely than 50/50 right? And that it is still possible to wager on these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're Grover's bff, or what the deal is, but you seem to be missing the point.

Everything you post supports what I'm saying. Of course there are things that are not 50/50.

Some things are so incredibly hard that someone might demand 5000-1 odds to try?

See it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, you are the one who doesn't see it. When grando said he could do it, it was IMMEDIATELY obvious to everyone who gambles that he didn't mean he could do it every single time, or even more often than half the time. Thats what gambling is. I feel like I'm explaining this to an 8 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Let me simplify it for you.

You and Grando can be B.

A - Wow. someone did this thing, really hard to do!

B - Bah. I'm sure I could that. So much easier to do than people think.

C - Ok, I'll take that bet.

B - I need 5,000-1 odds.

C - Why?

B - It's a really hard thing to do.

Does that help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the problem is, this synopsis is perfectly reasonable. So much easier than people think does not mean 1 in 2 chances. And "I'll take that bet" does not mean "I'm assuming you are offering 1:1 on this lets set it up."

Fix those leaks in your post-reading game and you might be a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but . . .

HER?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know absolutely nothing about donkaments or donkament players. I have no idea if its a her or a him.